The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marco Huck vs Hugo Hernan Garay set for July 16th

4 posters

Go down

Marco Huck vs Hugo Hernan Garay set for July 16th Empty Marco Huck vs Hugo Hernan Garay set for July 16th

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Cruiserweight titlist Marco Huck (32-1, 23 KOs) of Germany will make his seventh title defense against former light heavyweight beltholder Hugo Hernan Garay (34-5, 18 KOs) of Argentina on July 16, Huck promoter Sauerland Event announced. The fight will take place in Munich on the same card as the heavyweight clash between rising contender Robert Herelius and former titleholder Sergei Liakhovich.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=6648293

I doubt the Cruiserweight tournament will ever materialize.

Back to top Go down

Marco Huck vs Hugo Hernan Garay set for July 16th Empty Re: Marco Huck vs Hugo Hernan Garay set for July 16th

Post  dbudge Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 pm

i dont think the crusier tournament is ever going to happen. Huck needs to rematch Lebedev in my opinion. Lebedev beat him and got screwed in Germany

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Marco Huck vs Hugo Hernan Garay set for July 16th Empty Re: Marco Huck vs Hugo Hernan Garay set for July 16th

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:50 pm

There's better options for Huck than Garay. I'd like to a rematch between him and Cunningham or Lebedev.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Rematch USS Cunningham for the linear title, and be done with it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:39 pm

I think everyone wants to see rematches against Cunningham or at least Lebedev.

I had $$$ on Lebedev. I didn't necessarily think he was screwed out of a decision in that Huck fight. Not moving your hands in the 12th round of a close fight is no way to win a fight on the road. He coulda nipped it, but it was hardly a robbery. Maybe I'm in the minority on that one.

BTW, is it just me or is there something about Huck that is difficult to like?

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:53 am

ScottLevinson wrote:I think everyone wants to see rematches against Cunningham or at least Lebedev.

I had $$$ on Lebedev. I didn't necessarily think he was screwed out of a decision in that Huck fight. Not moving your hands in the 12th round of a close fight is no way to win a fight on the road. He coulda nipped it, but it was hardly a robbery. Maybe I'm in the minority on that one.

BTW, is it just me or is there something about Huck that is difficult to like?

yeh he is a German based Snakey Sauerland fighter.

i see your point about Lebedev not really forcing the issue in the championship rounds but i think that throughout the fight he controlled the pace, he made Huck miss and landed the only telling shots. Huck was in retreat the whole fight. the fight was won for Lebedev way before the 12th in my opinion. i think Lebedev was resigned to the fact that he was not getting a decision in Germany. Lebedev dropped a split decision on a Sauerland promoted event... surprise surprise

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down