The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye...

4 posters

Go down

Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye... Empty Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye...

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Too funny....
http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/06/sparring-partner-klitschko-beats-haye.html
Fellow-Brit Ola Afolabi sends warning to David Haye

Former interim WBO cruiserweight champion Ola Afolabi has felt the shuddering power of WBO and IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko’s concussive punches in several rounds of sparring with ‘Dr Steelhammer’ and is convinced that the Ukrainian will have too much for David Haye.

The 31 year-old is Klitschko’s chief sparring partner at his training base in Going, Austria as he prepares for a place on the undercard against another Brit, Terry Dunstan at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg, Germany. Heavyweight champions Klitschko and Haye collide to unify the division on July 2nd and Afolabi sees only one winner in the main event.

"You can see his hands in front of you and think you can block the punches. No way. That jab is something else. It is going to destroy Haye,” Afolabi told independent.co.uk.

“A couple of weeks ago, Wladimir hit me with a right hand – I had a headache for four days. I thought I was having a stroke. This guy is awesome. He'll have too much muscle for Haye.”

The US-based Londoner, nicknamed ‘Kryptonite’ has his own desires to emulate Haye and step up to heavyweight after claiming a world title at cruiserweight. Now that Haye has accomplished a belt at the two-weights, Afolabai believes this is as far as the ‘Hayemaker’ goes in the higher division.

"Look at his height, look at his reach. People give Haye much more credit than he deserves. He's fought mainly as a cruiserweight against easy guys. This is going to be a reality check. Wladimir is a legitimate heavyweight.

"I give it to Haye in that he has talked his way into a multi-million dollar pay day, but for my money, Klitschko wins in seven,” added Afolabi.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye... Empty Re: Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye...

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:16 pm

"Wladimir hit me with a right hand – I had a headache for four days. I thought I was having a stroke."

There is a good chance Haye will be leaving in this:

Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye... Bodyba10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye... Empty Re: Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye...

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:"Wladimir hit me with a right hand – I had a headache for four days. I thought I was having a stroke."

There is a good chance Haye will be leaving in this:

Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye... Bodyba10

More like this
Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPAy8yFLzWd6QJ3RCJlks6aJWdXl2dbEc78W0s2V0Me-dj9XZKTg
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Borat is going to be decimated on July 2nd.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm

I am predicting Haye going down from a jab.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:04 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I am predicting Haye going down from a jab.

I predict Dan Rafeal refuses to shave his head again after Haye knocks Wlad out cold.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

I predict yellow stained trunks on Haye at the opening bell
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I predict yellow stained trunks on Haye at the opening bell

I predict brown streaks appearing on Wlad's y-fronts after Haye clips him with a hook.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:29 pm

thankfully the mouthy Brit will soon be exposed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Canvas wrote:thankfully the mouthy Brit will soon be exposed

Just like Wladimir was exposed when Ross Purity, Corries Sanders and Lamon Brewster knocked him out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:42 pm

you are probably fairly accurate in comparing Haye to Purrity and Brewster. I'd rank Saunders ahead of Hype.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Canvas wrote:you are probably fairly accurate in comparing Haye to Purrity and Brewster. I'd rank Saunders ahead of Hype.

I hate the word exposed, it's used too often in forums and it isn't used correctly.

Losing to Wladimir Kilitschko isn't anything to be ashamed about, even if he is a smelly Borat cure for insomnia.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I am predicting Haye going down from a jab.

I predict Dan Rafeal refuses to shave his head again after Haye knocks Wlad out cold.

big talk from a guy refusing to buck up and bet some dollars on his man.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 am

Reading that Haye has been sparring as a southpaw. Pretty good idea, since Wlad doesn't like Southpaws.

And he's had some good sparring partners to work on it with, Helenius, Price, Thompson

Hmm, this fight might be more interesting then I expected.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:00 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Reading that Haye has been sparring as a southpaw. Pretty good idea, since Wlad doesn't like Southpaws.

And he's had some good sparring partners to work on it with, Helenius, Price, Thompson

Hmm, this fight might be more interesting then I expected.

The Savior is coming !!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Pizza Face Countdown: 17 days

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Pizza Face Countdown: 17 days

Wlad sparring partner trashes Haye... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRohiZauK3Cetf83-N_rG_LgXG_Cgv3kl76BjnFaITsb2NBfvEjw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down