The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School

+4
captainanddew
powerpuncher
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School Empty Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School Dan-ra10

@danrafaelespn Was told by that Juan Diaz pulled out of his ESPN2 fight on July 29 to go to law school. Not sure why he committed in the first place then.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School Empty Re: Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:46 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School Dan-ra10

@danrafaelespn Was told by that Juan Diaz pulled out of his ESPN2 fight on July 29 to go to law school. Not sure why he committed in the first place then.
Thanks for the info, now PLEASE, PLEASE take that pic of Fat Dan down.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School Empty Re: Diaz pulls out of FNF fight to go to Law School

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 pm

i think that diaz should stick with law school. i thought that he was a great up and coming prospect that had a ton of potential but i could see his interest in boxing going away. he has made some good money boxing and hopefully he has saved some of it to help him through law school.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i think that diaz should stick with law school. i thought that he was a great up and coming prospect that had a ton of potential but i could see his interest in boxing going away. he has made some good money boxing and hopefully he has saved some of it to help him through law school.

I'll be honest. The law school mentioned previously by Fat Dan is a lawschool that was previously unaccredited. Which is pretty bad considering there is around 200 accredited law schools.

That means his LSAT score was in the very low range.

Persons with very low percentile LSAT scores are statistically of the highest likelihood to not pass the Bar Exam.

Nationally the bar exam passage rate for 2010 was only 68%. Almost 1/3 of those who finish law school and take the bar exam do not pass it. Some states are easier than others.

But, Diaz is a guy, who I would venture is going to be in the bottom 1/3 of pure intellectual ability.

If this was a boxing match I would say the judges have already given a few rounds to the other guy before the fight and he better fight his ass off.

I hope he does well and becomes a lawyer but it isn't a given.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i think that diaz should stick with law school. i thought that he was a great up and coming prospect that had a ton of potential but i could see his interest in boxing going away. he has made some good money boxing and hopefully he has saved some of it to help him through law school.

I'll be honest. The law school mentioned previously by Fat Dan is a lawschool that was previously unaccredited. Which is pretty bad considering there is around 200 accredited law schools.

That means his LSAT score was in the very low range.

Persons with very low percentile LSAT scores are statistically of the highest likelihood to not pass the Bar Exam.

Nationally the bar exam passage rate for 2010 was only 68%. Almost 1/3 of those who finish law school and take the bar exam do not pass it. Some states are easier than others.

But, Diaz is a guy, who I would venture is going to be in the bottom 1/3 of pure intellectual ability.

If this was a boxing match I would say the judges have already given a few rounds to the other guy before the fight and he better fight his ass off.

I hope he does well and becomes a lawyer but it isn't a given.

and I'm not trying to be a jerk towards Diaz. I really do hope he succeeds. It is just that the odds aren't in his favor. I think he is the type of guy who will defy the odds though.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:48 pm

It doesn't matter what institution gives him a sheep skin. It only matters that he can buy those letters after his name---and no, I'm not reffering to an alphabet trinket.

Someone with the profile of Diaz with even an undergrad degree, spells at the very least, city alderman. The kid will be fine I hope without boxing.

Last edited by Canvas on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:52 pm

thats interesting. i didnt know that it wasnt an accredited law school. but if thats what he really wants to be then he should do it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:41 am

I'll be honest, Diaz doesn't really strike me as an intellectual.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 am

If he makes it, he'll be one of the vulture lawyers that advertise on Jerry Springer or Maury.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:If he makes it, he'll be one of the vulture lawyers that advertise on Jerry Springer or Maury.

He'll be like the lawyer from Breaking Bad.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:19 pm

"I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU!!"
-Law of Offices of Juan Diaz
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 pm

gomez1012 wrote:"I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU!!"

Disclaimer: Against anyone good, I'll probably lose

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:"I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU!!"

Disclaimer: Against anyone good, I'll probably lose

lol! Lmao that's cold but funny as hell/true

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:14 am

i think that diaz had a ton of potential to be good but i think the campbell lost made him lose some of his interest in boxing and turned his interest more towards school.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:24 am

That's too bad. I doubt he'll ever have the success as a lawyer as he did as a boxer, and he'll have to spend his older years knowing he lost a few good paydays and a chance to become a champion if he had ever really dedicated himself to the sport 100%.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Dan Rafael (1:25 PM)

I was wondering about the status of the Miranda-Despigne fight replacing Juan Diaz on July 29. So I asked those who would know. In fact, I am told, that the contracts are signed and that Miranda-Despaigne is on and will headline the show that night from the Cosmo in Vegas.

Edison Miranda takes the FNF date
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:05 pm

I like it. That will be a fun fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down