The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 134: Anderson Silva Says Yushin Okami Was Wrong for Training With a 'Loser' In Chael Sonnen

Go down

UFC 134: Anderson Silva Says Yushin Okami Was Wrong for Training With a 'Loser' In Chael Sonnen Empty UFC 134: Anderson Silva Says Yushin Okami Was Wrong for Training With a 'Loser' In Chael Sonnen

Post  freakzilla Tue May 31, 2011 10:49 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/31/2198451/ufc-134-anderson-silva-says-yushin-okami-was-wrong-for-training-with

Anderson Silva has some choice words when he found out that Yushin Okami was working with Chael Sonnen to help him prepare for their UFC 134 bout in Rio. Silva told the Brazilian newspaper, O Globo, that he shouldn't have trained with a guy like Sonnen:

"You have to find the best people to train with, and I think (Okami) chose wrong. I’d never align myself with a loser, a loser in every sense... He didn’t win the fight (between us), got caught doping, is being sued for various things, and is suspended from the UFC. You want to be a champion? Get with good people, with winners."

"Moreover, Sonnen wasn’t a tough opponent for me. I was injured with cracked ribs and fought five rounds. If I hadn’t been injured, the fight would have been different."

For those few who aren't familiar with Sonnen's recent troubles, the Team Quest fighter failed a drug test after losing at UFC 117. Since then, he got his license revoked by the CSAC, and he also pleaded guilty for money laundering charges.

To be honest, these kinds of statements from Silva keeps Sonnen relevant, and it builds interest in a future rematch between the two. Chael is still stuck in limbo though, and too bad for him, cause unlike what Strikeforce is doing with Josh Barnett and his upcoming bout in Texas, Dana White is promising to honor his suspension.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down