The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timothy Bradley's deal for the Khan fight is more than $1.3 mill

3 posters

Go down

Timothy Bradley's deal for the Khan fight is more than $1.3 mill Empty Timothy Bradley's deal for the Khan fight is more than $1.3 mill

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Leon Margules, attorney for promoter Gary Shaw, advised BoxingScene.com that WBC/WBO 140-pound champion Timothy Bradley would stand to make a lot more than $1.3 million dollars for a unification bout with WBA king Amir Khan. Shaw has been trying to finalize a deal with Golden Boy Promotions to match the two champions on July 23.

Khan and his promoter, Golden Boy, are on board with the financial terms, and so is Shaw. Bradley is reportedly unhappy with the money being offered. Pursuant to his agreement with HBO, which is connected to January's fight with Devon Alexander, Bradley stands to make $1.2 million against any opponent that HBO approves. Margules wanted BoxingScene to know that Shaw lowered his percentage of the overall package to allow Bradley to make more money.

"We keep seeing this number of $1.3 million being reported and that's not accurate. He would make a lot more than $1.3 million. We offered Bradley 80% of all total net revenues. It would be a lot more than $1.3 million dollars," Margules told BoxingScene.com.

But, industry rumors continue to intensify that Bradley is holding back, for the moment, in order to allow his existing promotional contract with Shaw to expire. The contract reportedly expires on June 30.

http://www.boxingscene.com/shaws-attorney-khan-deal-more-13-bradley--39059

Back to top Go down

Timothy Bradley's deal for the Khan fight is more than $1.3 mill Empty Re: Timothy Bradley's deal for the Khan fight is more than $1.3 mill

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm

bradleys gonna need winky wrights advise real soon if he dont take the kahn fight right NOW.

Back to top Go down

Timothy Bradley's deal for the Khan fight is more than $1.3 mill Empty Re: Timothy Bradley's deal for the Khan fight is more than $1.3 mill

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 pm

dmar5143 wrote:bradleys gonna need winky wrights advise real soon if he dont take the kahn fight right NOW.

+1

I am beginning to realize with this situation and how HBO had to bend over backwards to get him in with Alexander, that Bradley isn't as fearless as he makes out.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 11, 2011 4:08 pm

He must really hate Shaw
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:10 pm

ali good points.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:He must really hate Shaw

For more than a million dollars I would put up with Shaw in a heartbeat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 pm

for a million id fight kahn and bradley at the same time in my old age.if i was in my 20s they would lose..bradley winkys number is 1-800 dont fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Yup

Shaw probably getting a huge cut
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:19 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Yup

Shaw probably getting a huge cut

Bradley's getting 80%

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 11, 2011 4:20 pm

And the exscuse making for Bradley continues

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm

GrantZilla wrote:And the exscuse making for Bradley continues

Is it crap....

HBO needs to have real deadlines
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 11, 2011 4:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:And the exscuse making for Bradley continues

Is it crap....

HBO needs to have real deadlines

Well, as you know, this is HBO's fault as much as Bradley. Giving him a guranteed payday and timeslot on HBO.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 11, 2011 5:20 pm

guaranteed fights and paydays need to stop until fighters can show that they are willing to fight the best. it makes them too greedy and fight a no named fighter for a million dollars.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 5:35 pm

powerpuncher wrote:guaranteed fights and paydays need to stop until fighters can show that they are willing to fight the best. it makes them too greedy and fight a no named fighter for a million dollars.
...yep..maybe not fighting a no name fighter but one whos 7th on the list of opponents.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 11, 2011 5:41 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:guaranteed fights and paydays need to stop until fighters can show that they are willing to fight the best. it makes them too greedy and fight a no named fighter for a million dollars.
...yep..maybe not fighting a no name fighter but one whos 7th on the list of opponents.

HBO's fault. Bradley no doubt is a greedy fuck, and HBO catered to him. Only HBO business would pay a guy that doesn't bring in good ratings, and can't get people to come to his fights, over a million bucks. While at the same time, telling a fighter like Cotto that does bring in good ratings and a crowd, to go fuck off
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 5:43 pm

yep grant.ignorant stupid foolish and legal unneeded bribery..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 12, 2011 4:02 am

It just accured to me, I don't think The Roach would even let Pac fight Bradley after Bradley chumped out of fighting his other fighter Khan.

In a recent interview, The Roach is not amused at Bradley bitching out of not fighting Khan. Stating that he talked all this shit about Khan and doesn't even show up.

Why The Roach stated that the JMM fight is the one he wants for Pac.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu May 12, 2011 10:27 am

GrantZilla wrote:It just accured to me, I don't think The Roach would even let Pac fight Bradley after Bradley chumped out of fighting his other fighter Khan.

In a recent interview, The Roach is not amused at Bradley bitching out of not fighting Khan. Stating that he talked all this shit about Khan and doesn't even show up.

Why The Roach stated that the JMM fight is the one he wants for Pac.

i never even thought about that. good point.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Never thought about that Grant, I wonder if Freddie would be able to overrule Arum choosing Bradley as an opponent ?

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Ali wrote:Never thought about that Grant, I wonder if Freddie would be able to overrule Arum choosing Bradley as an opponent ?

I know he wanted JMM instead of Margarito, but Bob got his way
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 1:36 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:Never thought about that Grant, I wonder if Freddie would be able to overrule Arum choosing Bradley as an opponent ?

Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 12, 2011 4:33 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Well, comes down to if Pac agrees to it. All about money for Pac. No doubt, be more money to fight JMM then Bradley, who has no fanbase. JMM fight can bring out the Mexican fanbase.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down