The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye accuses Wlad of killing the HW division

+4
captainanddew
dbudge
powerpuncher
GrantZilla
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye accuses Wlad of killing the HW division Empty Haye accuses Wlad of killing the HW division

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 pm

The WBA belt holder accused his summer opponent Wladimir Klitschko of making the boxing world disinterested in the heavyweight division and vowed to re-ignite it.

“I believe Wladimir Klitschko is soley responsible for killing the heavyweight division, for making sure that the heavyweight division hasn’t been shown worldwide,” blasted Haye.

“A few channels here and there show it, but the big boys are sort of turned off to it, the average boxing fans, turned off to it.

“Finally they have come back to it because of this particular fight and thats because of me. That’s because of my speed, my athleticism and what I do inside the ring,” added the former cruiserweight champion.

The 30 year-old, who has vowed to retire from the sport in October, has accused the 35 year old and his brother WBC champion Vitali, 39, of slowing the heavyweight division down to a standstill with their fighting style, choice of opponents and stagnant personalities.

“I don’t know what he had (when we met yesterday), a joke about my Twitter page, he’s trying to come up with jokes and his personality is exactly how he fights…boring and that’s why he has to be eradicated from the heavyweight division,” said Haye.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/05/haye-wladimir-solely-responsible-for.html

I agree with Haye, just too bad he won't do anything to change it when Wlad beats him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Haye accuses Wlad of killing the HW division Empty Re: Haye accuses Wlad of killing the HW division

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 5:31 pm

haye makes some interesting and valid points here..thoses are some reasons why i hope he wins.it could open up the HW division.weather he can win is the question.i think he has possibilties of course but still i wont bet a cup of coffee on it..for the same reasons i hope adamek wins.both wins brings icing on the cake.

Back to top Go down

Haye accuses Wlad of killing the HW division Empty Re: Haye accuses Wlad of killing the HW division

Post  powerpuncher Tue May 10, 2011 5:35 pm

we just need a good and exciting fighter to come up as a HW again. then boxing will be big again.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 10, 2011 5:38 pm

powerpuncher wrote:we just need a good and exciting fighter to come up as a HW again. then boxing will be big again.

that's what David Haye talked himself up as, he then cherry picked his way to a trinket and defended against sub par competition whilst claiming the legit champ was a cherry picker. he then claims he will retire before his 31st birthday, which comes in October. win or lose, this fight will change nothing for heavyweight boxing. heavyweight boxing is dead until a charismatic and gifted American comes through the ranks, fact

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 10, 2011 5:42 pm

dbudge wrote: heavyweight boxing is dead until a charismatic and gifted American comes through the ranks, fact

American HW would help, but I don't think it's neccissary. If there was a HW version of say Carl Froch, I think he'd be embraced, especialy if he defeats the boring Klits.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 10, 2011 5:56 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
dbudge wrote: heavyweight boxing is dead until a charismatic and gifted American comes through the ranks, fact

American HW would help, but I don't think it's neccissary. If there was a HW version of say Carl Froch, I think he'd be embraced, especialy if he defeats the boring Klits.

it's so fucked up that Haye gets so much love over here but Froch gets none. i think i'm the only Froch fan in the UK

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 pm

amazing.fronch is a good fighter that has steped up to the plate 4 or 5 times..i like the way he fights.he fights to win..

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 10, 2011 6:31 pm

dmar5143 wrote:haye makes some interesting and valid points here..thoses are some reasons why i hope he wins.it could open up the HW division.weather he can win is the question.i think he has possibilties of course but still i wont bet a cup of coffee on it..for the same reasons i hope adamek wins.both wins brings icing on the cake.

IF he wins he doesn't open up the HW division: 1-he doesn't want to fight, 2-he hasn't exactly been tearing it up prior to this fight (monte barrett, valuev, ruiz, and fraudley).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue May 10, 2011 6:39 pm

If by killing he means, beating the best, staying active, and never ducking anybody, then yes Wlad has killed the division. This is just hate from Haye.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 7:21 pm

by opening up the division if wlad and vitali lose i mean the division is up for grabs.is it not.now its viewed as a lock and not changeable untill the brothers retire .

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue May 10, 2011 8:12 pm

dmar5143 wrote:by opening up the division if wlad and vitali lose i mean the division is up for grabs.is it not.now its viewed as a lock and not changeable untill the brothers retire .

yea lets have 4 different fighters (who most likely are out of shape, inactive, or fighting bums) calling themselves heavyweight champ of the world. That would help Boxing right?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:by opening up the division if wlad and vitali lose i mean the division is up for grabs.is it not.now its viewed as a lock and not changeable untill the brothers retire .

yea lets have 4 different fighters (who most likely are out of shape, inactive, or fighting bums) calling themselves heavyweight champ of the world. That would help Boxing right?

I'm with you on this slick. Wlad isn't scintillating in alot of fights. But he faces the best there is out there, he is always in great shape, and he is willing to keep facing the best there is out there.

Another thought: someone at ring magazine was writing about Mosley and how he refused to fight, and used the Mike Tyson statement that everyone has a plan until they get hit. Mosley had a plan and as soon as he felt Pac's power he decided fuck this.

Every guy that faces Wlad has a plan. Then he hits them with a jab and they feel it. Most guys then start running from a damn jab. The ones that are braver keep trying to win until he hits the guy with a right hand. Then they think that anything is better than that. They start running.

Only guys in the past 5-6 years who had the guts to fight Wlad after getting hit were Tony Thompson, who put up a good tough fight (and the fight wasn't boring and had a good ending) and Sam Peter.
Almost everyone else did a HW version of what we saw from Mosley.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue May 10, 2011 9:06 pm

the problem is that the HW division has a history of good punchers that go for the knockout every time and make for exciting fights. the klits arent exciting fighters even though they have a ton of knockouts between them. you put tyson in this time and i guarantee that he makes the HW division more exciting. im not saying that the klits are doing anything wrong but because of the lack of opposition coinciding with their styles, the HW division is about dead.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 10, 2011 9:52 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

That's going to happen regardless because of bullshit ABC belts.

Look right now. Got Vitali claiming he's a Champ because got WBC trinket. Got Haye calling himself a Champ because he's got Wlad's WBA belt.

Even when Wlad beats Haye, WBA likely won't give him the belt, same way they didn't when he beat Chageav. Or they'll make him "Super Champ" and give "regular" belt to some other bum.

Why ABC belts are a joke.

We all know Wlad is The Champ, and whoever beats him will be The Champ. Fuck the belts. Why it's irritating when the media and networks credit them.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

..realy.well name me one top ten ring magazine hw contender thats out of shape and fat..if haye and adamek wins a fight between the two would materlize and one champ would evolve not 4..in todays fight game you will always have 3 4 or 5 champs in a division because of the commisions..by the way how many HW champs do we have now..3.if you cant see that thoses upsets would create a buzz by the fans and the division then thats your problem..lets see who did vitali fight his last 2 fights.fat bums or washed up fighters with ashma.if haye didnt say finaly lets do the fight who was wlad going to fight.a inexperienced fat slob..please.the 2 upsets will generate some buzz and open up the possibilties of several matchups.and thats good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:04 pm

and do we not view wlad and vitali as having a lock or ownership on the HW title..there losses would open up that lock.whats so hard to understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:06 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

That's going to happen regardless because of bullshit ABC belts.

Look right now. Got Vitali claiming he's a Champ because got WBC trinket. Got Haye calling himself a Champ because he's got Wlad's WBA belt.

Even when Wlad beats Haye, WBA likely won't give him the belt, same way they didn't when he beat Chageav. Or they'll make him "Super Champ" and give "regular" belt to some other bum.

Why ABC belts are a joke.

We all know Wlad is The Champ, and whoever beats him will be The Champ. Fuck the belts. Why it's irritating when the media and networks credit them.

...amen and exactly grant..a change of sceenery is good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:56 am

Nobody likes seeing a cautious champion jab his opponents to death and take little risks inside the ring, Haye is correct whether you like him or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Can't blame wlad for winning

Not like he hasn't lost before
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed May 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Ali wrote:Nobody likes seeing a cautious champion jab his opponents to death and take little risks inside the ring, Haye is correct whether you like him or not.

60,000 germans say otherwise.

I guess swinging 13 times a round is much better. Fighting Audley really revived the division.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 12:44 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Ali wrote:Nobody likes seeing a cautious champion jab his opponents to death and take little risks inside the ring, Haye is correct whether you like him or not.

60,000 germans say otherwise.

I guess swinging 13 times a round is much better. Fighting Audley really revived the division.

And 60,000 Germans gathered together to cheer on Adolf Hitler.

Everyone has a stinker now and then, Haye choose to strategically fight Valuev because of the huge size difference.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:32 pm

everybody here likes to talk size advantage reach and weight advantage etc etc..well valuez had a foot on haye about 115 pounds on him and 10 feet in reach yet haye beat him..he fought a smart fight weather we like it or not.a win is a win no matter how ugly so to speak.ask pac.again its MAYBE a case of overating wlad ignoring some of his shortcomings and underestimating haye and exaggerating his shortcomings and downgrading his potential..wlads not thinking like that for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

dmar5143 wrote:everybody here likes to talk size advantage reach and weight advantage etc etc..well valuez had a foot on haye about 115 pounds on him and 10 feet in reach yet haye beat him..he fought a smart fight weather we like it or not.a win is a win no matter how ugly so to speak.ask pac.again its MAYBE a case of overating wlad ignoring some of his shortcomings and underestimating haye and exaggerating his shortcomings and downgrading his potential..wlads not thinking like that for sure.

+1 Dmar is on fire today.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

he fought a smart fight weather we like it or not.a win is a win no matter how ugly so to speak.

Yet ppl criticize the Klitschko's for how they fight. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:39 pm

yes some people do for sure.im not one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next