The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko?

+5
GrantZilla
ScottLevinson
captainanddew
dbudge
gomez1012
9 posters

Go down

SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko? Empty SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko?

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm

From Steve Kim Twitter:

Kirkland's Attorney says James back with Anne Wolfe
And GBP & DKP working on SHO Double header with Mares vs Agbeko headlining

Great card
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko? Empty Re: SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko?

Post  dbudge Tue May 10, 2011 2:03 pm

that is some really poor matchmaking right there if it does happen. mayorga would rip Kirkland a new rusty sheriff's badge

dbudge

Back to top Go down

SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko? Empty Re: SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko?

Post  captainanddew Tue May 10, 2011 2:10 pm

dbudge wrote:that is some really poor matchmaking right there if it does happen. mayorga would rip Kirkland a new rusty sheriff's badge

lets see: kirkland had wolfe before and had no defense and a poor chin. How does she help him?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 10, 2011 2:26 pm

you can't put muscles on a chin. Mayorga is one wiley and tough motherfucker. the guy just drinks and smokes all the time and he still gives everybody he fights a really tough nights work. Kirkland is coming off a shocking soft KO loss to a guy with no power. Mayorga will land on Kirkland and he will knock him out, i can't see how that fight goes any other way. i would happily sign a fight against Kirkland tomorrow with 10 oz gloves and i know that if i hit him on the chin then i'd get the KO win, that's how poor Kirkland's chin is lol

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Tue May 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Ishida came into that fight with a dashing and slashing style that Mayorga can't really replicate. Ishida was weird, sneaking in those bizarrely-thrown hooks that Kirkland didn't see. I'm not trying to justify Kirkland's chin. It has issues, no doubt. I just think Ishida and Mayorga are like night and day. Still, it's a winnable fight for the old guy.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 10, 2011 2:38 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Ishida came into that fight with a dashing and slashing style that Mayorga can't really replicate. Ishida was weird, sneaking in those bizarrely-thrown hooks that Kirkland didn't see. I'm not trying to justify Kirkland's chin. It has issues, no doubt. I just think Ishida and Mayorga are like night and day. Still, it's a winnable fight for the old guy.

i see what you are saying, but i think Kirkland is so flat footed that he would just get led into a corner by Mayorga and then *BANG*, walked onto a big shot and KO'd. Mayorga's punches carry far more authority than Ishida's and everytime Ishida connected an average punch Kirkland's knees buckled. never a good sign when you are a walk forward pressure fighter with nothing else but a big punch

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Man, Kirkland is going to get dealt with again.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue May 10, 2011 3:39 pm

its about the worst possible match up for kirkland. if he wins, which isnt likely, it really doesnt mean much since mayorga is way past his best. but most likely he will get KO'd.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:57 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Ishida came into that fight with a dashing and slashing style that Mayorga can't really replicate. Ishida was weird, sneaking in those bizarrely-thrown hooks that Kirkland didn't see. I'm not trying to justify Kirkland's chin. It has issues, no doubt. I just think Ishida and Mayorga are like night and day. Still, it's a winnable fight for the old guy.
..scott some good points..i like the matchup.to put kirkland in with a can folks will say thats all he can beat.a rematch with the oriental proves nothing if he wins.this says im going foward with a fighter thats far above that and just came of a suprize performance against cotto..a win here against a vulernable guy but very credible is what kirkland needs..they may be saying welcome todays version of a miniture bob saterfield.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 10, 2011 5:15 pm

I'd agree with the whole style of Ishida is what did Kirkland in, but Kirkland has been dropped hard before. And the rumors going around for years was that his chin was highly questionable.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 10, 2011 5:44 pm

I applaud the ballsy match-up, I just don't think it ends well for Kirkland. Either he loses, or I could see him getting dropped or looking real bad against Mayorga. That will not help his credit.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue May 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Kirkland by KO
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 pm

I think it's a good fight for Kirkland. Ishida used his height and reach well against Kirkland. Mayorga won't be able to keep Kirkland on the outside. And the closer to Mayorga you get the better your odds are of not getting hit by his wild punches.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Tue May 10, 2011 9:56 pm

[/quote]..scott some good points..i like the matchup.to put kirkland in with a can folks will say thats all he can beat.a rematch with the oriental proves nothing if he wins.this says im going foward with a fighter thats far above that and just came of a suprize performance against cotto..a win here against a vulernable guy but very credible is what kirkland needs..they may be saying welcome todays version of a miniture bob saterfield.[/quote]

Man what a great comparison. Miniature Bob Satterfield, wow! I might just steal that.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:01 pm

cheers Aww man, I cannot wait to hear what Mayorga's gotta say about Mr Universe.

SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko? Ann_wolfe_main

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu May 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Ali wrote: cheers Aww man, I cannot wait to hear what Mayorga's gotta say about Mr Universe.

SHO: Kirkland vs Mayorga & Mares vs Agbeko? Ann_wolfe_main
lol
is he back with wolfe
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum