The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will lopez vs gamboa now ever happen

5 posters

Go down

will lopez vs gamboa now ever happen Empty will lopez vs gamboa now ever happen

Post  Rum Capital Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:33 am

gamboa would have blasted lopez away tonight in 3
mmmmm tasty crow
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

will lopez vs gamboa now ever happen Empty Re: will lopez vs gamboa now ever happen

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:35 am

its lost its luster for now..yep lopez i agree wont handle the other guys power and speed..

Back to top Go down

will lopez vs gamboa now ever happen Empty Re: will lopez vs gamboa now ever happen

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:40 am

no it won't happen.

2 things: 1-Salido stood up to Lopez's shots (and that tough SOB looked a little worried-his corner definitely was after some of those rounds). 2-Lopez's chin isn't that good.

If they had fought before this, Lopez would have had to stop or hurt Gamboa bad in the first 3-4 rounds, because if Gamboa landed enough right hands Lopez would have been destroyed.

Lopez could have possibly stopped Gamboa early. Gamboa doesn't have the strongest chin.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:42 am

i agree.early or hes done..gamboa on the other hand can do it early also as well as late.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 am

captainanddew wrote:no it won't happen.

2 things: 1-Salido stood up to Lopez's shots (and that tough SOB looked a little worried-his corner definitely was after some of those rounds). 2-Lopez's chin isn't that good.

If they had fought before this, Lopez would have had to stop or hurt Gamboa bad in the first 3-4 rounds, because if Gamboa landed enough right hands Lopez would have been destroyed.

Lopez could have possibly stopped Gamboa early. Gamboa doesn't have the strongest chin.

i dont thin is his chin i think is the fact that he hAS NO DEFENSE. if you keep getting tagged with powe shots you are bound to get ko. btw salido has a great chin also.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:31 am

haha what the fuck. what a crazy weekend.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:06 am

dbudge wrote:haha what the fuck. what a crazy weekend.

and the loss by Lopez couldn't have happened to a nicer promoter. About time Bullshit Bob Arum got his. Arrogrant prick.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:10 am

Lopez always seemed a little smug to me. I'd guess now he better be a little more humble.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 am

captainanddew wrote:
dbudge wrote:haha what the fuck. what a crazy weekend.

and the loss by Lopez couldn't have happened to a nicer promoter. About time Bullshit Bob Arum got his. Arrogrant prick.

man you really got it in for Arum. even though Arum continues to develop and produce some of boxing's biggest stars and is a major force behind keeping this sport in the mainstream. people only ever pick up on the negatives of a promoter, and that's not hard to do of course.

anyway, Lopez has looked vulnerable before, his been talking a lot to the press lately as well and has just been heaped with too much praise from Puerto Rico in the last year. i think he took his eye off the prize. he's always taken punches and got up and carried on fighting. was the fight stopped a little early perhaps or was Lopez on his way to being hurt bad? i've yet to watch this contest. anyway, i've always said i thought Gamboa was the better prospect and that he would pick Lopez apart. but it's hard for a promoter to make a star out of a Cuban fighter. PR fans are loyal, until their fighter loses like in Cotto's case. Lopez is young though, he has good power and a good fighting heart in my opinion. his fights bring excitement. hopefully his management and Arum can get his career back on track after this defeat because Boxing needs fighters like Lopez that can draw large support. hopefully the PR fans will remain loyal to him like Ricky Hatton's fans after the Mayweather loss because Boxing's economy in the US needs young stars like JuanMa Lopez. PR fighters sell out arenas, fact.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:01 am

It will probably still happen in the near future, it just won't be as big anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:05 am

debudge i agree.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Ali wrote:It will probably still happen in the near future, it just won't be as big anymore.

I dont think so, Arum doesnt want to ruin JML lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:It will probably still happen in the near future, it just won't be as big anymore.

I dont think so, Arum doesnt want to ruin JML lol

Gotta cash in before it's too late, JuanMa's vulnerable enough that he might lose again before next summer.

Hell he already went life and death with an old Marquez.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Ali wrote:
Gotta cash in before it's too late, JuanMa's vulnerable enough that he might lose again before next summer.

Hell he already went life and death with an old Marquez.

True but he's got a huge following that isnt going away any time soon. He can rebuild him with a few tune ups and have another go

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Do you think Bob will still go ahead with the Marquez rematch in August ?

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Ali wrote:Do you think Bob will still go ahead with the Marquez rematch in August ?

Nope

Looks like Rafael is fighting in June on Chavez Jr card & JML vs Salido II will happen in the fall
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:52 am

It could happen down the line. But it will take a long time for it to recapture the momentum it had.

Gamboa already won by default in public opinion so Juanma needs to rebuild his image and work himself up to being a worthy challenger.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down