The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring

3 posters

Go down

James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring Empty James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:00 pm

James DeGale has labelled George Groves "chinny" ahead of their May 21 showdown at the O2 Arena, London.

Groves found himself on the floor in a Commonwealth super-middleweight title defence against Kenny Anderson in his last fight.

And DeGale believes that it belied a weakness in his armoury.

"I spoke to Carl Froch, and he knocked George out in sparring," said DeGale.

"There's no shame in that because Froch is a world class fighter.

"But he was on the floor against Anderson, all over the place really, and he got knocked out as an amateur as well.

"There is something wrong with his chin, there has to be if he keeps going over all the time, and I will exploit that.

"People keep saying that I haven't been tested yet, but that's only because I keep on winning.

"Paul Smith was supposed to be a test for me and I won that fight easily.

"I hope that George is a test for me, but to be honest he's just going to make me look good."

http://www.boxingscene.com/james-degale-froch-knocked-groves-out-sparring--37797

Back to top Go down

James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring Empty Re: James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring

Post  gomez1012 Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:08 pm

I like DeGale, think he's on his way to do being a top 10 SMW
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring Empty Re: James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring

Post  Groundhog Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 pm

did Groves really do this with big gloves? more damage than Froch did over 12 rounds. then again, I'm assuming Dirrell is quite rusty from his drain bramage.

James Degale: Froch knocked Groves out in sparring X2_5289c27
http://plixi.com/p/86547495#

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:58 am

The Froch and Groves sparring issue is OOOOLLLLLDDDDD news. Groves was in his 4/5th pro fight stage. yeh Kenny Anderson hurt Groves, Anderson is a massive super-middle though with good power and i think Groves conditioning was to blame for that more than anything. and Groves got up and took Anderson apart after that. Joe Calzaghe could be hurt, it's how you recover that is important.

Personally i think that Groves is too big for Super-middleweight. he seems to struggle to make 168lb. and DeGale can talk about what happened where he wasn't concerned, but DeGale would have probably been knocked out by Froch in sparring if he sparred him just after turning pro. Carl Froch is a big puncher and he is deceptively accurate. his right hand really lands with authority.

DeGale is doing a lot of talking and he might find himself in a bit of a hole becasue May 21st is going to be by far the toughest night of his life thus far. DeGale's chin hasn't been tested, Groves hits hard. i like DeGale's skills in this fight but i don't think he is going to have everything his own way by a long shot

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down