The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday

+2
GrantZilla
gomez1012
6 posters

Go down

Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday Empty Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday Z_e5e50247
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday Empty Re: Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Awsome. Great to see ESPN stepping up and streaming these fights
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday Empty Re: Pirog vs Macial on ESPN3.com Saturday

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Awsome. Great to see ESPN stepping up and streaming these fights

That's more like it. I rewarded you with a positive.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 pm

ESPN has picked up some decent fights over the last 6 months or so. I'm guessing they get them cheap.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:35 pm

To make a comment that Grant makes about certain fighters: Damn Pirog is one ugly mother.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 pm

A lot of times they'll show a bunch of fights on the card too. ESPN has made a stronger commitment to boxing this year which is great. Boxing news gets featured on the front page more often and I've even seen it on some of the shows beyond Manny-Floyd.

One of the benefits of a football strike would be more interest in boxing, especially if any NFL guys get serious about it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Gumby wrote:A lot of times they'll show a bunch of fights on the card too. ESPN has made a stronger commitment to boxing this year which is great. Boxing news gets featured on the front page more often and I've even seen it on some of the shows beyond Manny-Floyd.

One of the benefits of a football strike would be more interest in boxing, especially if any NFL guys get serious about it.

Yea noticed that with the Sturm card
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:59 pm

I remember Pirog saying inactivity comes with being a champion. I just wonder why its has to be this way? Its been like 8 or 9 months since he beat Jacobs, he should have defended his title once or twice before 2010 ended. When Pirog wins this one, he should fight Sergio Martinez next. HBO should tell Lou if he wants Martinez back in August he needs to fight someone worthy of spending money on like Pirog, not an over matched opponent like Bumfredo. At this point, the only fighter worthy of fighting Martinez next is Pirog. I dont know why Lou is being fucking gay about it. Sometimes fighters need to win paper belts to get a name, plus Jacobs was no slouch. Pirog is very talented, a fight with Martinez is one everyone would look foward to watch.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Diego408 wrote:I remember Pirog saying inactivity comes with being a champion. I just wonder why its has to be this way? Its been like 8 or 9 months since he beat Jacobs, he should have defended his title once or twice before 2010 ended. When Pirog wins this one, he should fight Sergio Martinez next. HBO should tell Lou if he wants Martinez back in August he needs to fight someone worthy of spending money on like Pirog, not an over matched opponent like Bumfredo. At this point, the only fighter worthy of fighting Martinez next is Pirog. I dont know why Lou is being fucking gay about it. Sometimes fighters need to win paper belts to get a name, plus Jacobs was no slouch. Pirog is very talented, a fight with Martinez is one everyone would look foward to watch.

Saw this on twitter today
http://twitter.com/#!/loudibella/status/50539420260122624

RT @pound4poundisme: what is the beef with u and Pirog? NO BEEF. MARTINEZ WAS STRIPPED OF PIROG'S TITLE. WONT FIGHT HIM UNTIL HE EARNS SHOT.

Dumb
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Martinez has a limited time. I know he has had some tough opponents over the last few years and normally that would allow him a soft touch. It shouldn't in this case. He only has 4 or 5 more fights before father time probably takes its toll. Martinez is damn good. Let him destroy good fighters and build a legacy.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:04 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:I remember Pirog saying inactivity comes with being a champion. I just wonder why its has to be this way? Its been like 8 or 9 months since he beat Jacobs, he should have defended his title once or twice before 2010 ended. When Pirog wins this one, he should fight Sergio Martinez next. HBO should tell Lou if he wants Martinez back in August he needs to fight someone worthy of spending money on like Pirog, not an over matched opponent like Bumfredo. At this point, the only fighter worthy of fighting Martinez next is Pirog. I dont know why Lou is being fucking gay about it. Sometimes fighters need to win paper belts to get a name, plus Jacobs was no slouch. Pirog is very talented, a fight with Martinez is one everyone would look foward to watch.

Saw this on twitter today
http://twitter.com/#!/loudibella/status/50539420260122624

RT @pound4poundisme: what is the beef with u and Pirog? NO BEEF. MARTINEZ WAS STRIPPED OF PIROG'S TITLE. WONT FIGHT HIM UNTIL HE EARNS SHOT.

Dumb
Theres no one else in the division worthy of fighting Martinez unless Jr Middles like Kirkland and Angulo want to fight. The other middleweight paper champs want none of Martinez besides Pirog. I just dont see any other good names out there.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum