The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solis injured before fight-if you trust Boxingscene's report

+4
Tobe
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
captainanddew
8 posters

Go down

Solis injured before fight-if you trust Boxingscene's report Empty Solis injured before fight-if you trust Boxingscene's report

Post  captainanddew Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Solis' Right Knee Issue Was Pre-Existing To Klitschko Fall
Posted by: Mark Vester on 3/20/2011 .

By Mark Vester

There is a lot controversy in Germany with respect to Saturday night's heavyweight bout, which saw WBC champion Vitali Klitschko stop Odlanier Solis in one round. After landing a right hand on Solis, the 2004 Olympic gold medal winner lost his footing and fell backwards. During the fall Solis injured his right knee. He was unable to continue any futher and the fight was stopped. A subsequent examination at Cologne's University Hospital revealed that he had torn his cruciate ligament and damaged cartilage in the fall.

It was later revealed by German paper Die Welt, that Solis had pre-existing issues with his right knee. Now there is speculation on whether or not Solis should have went forward with the fight.

Cologne Arena spokesman Malte Mueller-Michaelis confirmed: "We knew it, but we didn't want to let it jeopardize the fight against Vitali. His manager Jose Perez knew about the previous problem, but it was thought it would go away if there was enough training and the muscle stabilised the knee."

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Solis injured before fight-if you trust Boxingscene's report Empty Re: Solis injured before fight-if you trust Boxingscene's report

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:40 pm

If true, his purse should withheld
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Solis injured before fight-if you trust Boxingscene's report Empty Re: Solis injured before fight-if you trust Boxingscene's report

Post  captainanddew Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:If true, his purse should withheld

1.8 million was his purse. If they do withhold it, they need to send it to relief efforts around the globe.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:02 pm

1.8 mill! What a joke. Getting paid that kind of money and can't even show up to fight in shape, and hiding a serious injurry. Money needs to refund everyone for the "fight"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:02 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Solis' Right Knee Issue Was Pre-Existing To Klitschko Fall
Posted by: Mark Vester on 3/20/2011 .

By Mark Vester

There is a lot controversy in Germany with respect to Saturday night's heavyweight bout, which saw WBC champion Vitali Klitschko stop Odlanier Solis in one round. After landing a right hand on Solis, the 2004 Olympic gold medal winner lost his footing and fell backwards. During the fall Solis injured his right knee. He was unable to continue any futher and the fight was stopped. A subsequent examination at Cologne's University Hospital revealed that he had torn his cruciate ligament and damaged cartilage in the fall.

It was later revealed by German paper Die Welt, that Solis had pre-existing issues with his right knee. Now there is speculation on whether or not Solis should have went forward with the fight.

Cologne Arena spokesman Malte Mueller-Michaelis confirmed: "We knew it, but we didn't want to let it jeopardize the fight against Vitali. His manager Jose Perez knew about the previous problem, but it was thought it would go away if there was enough training and the muscle stabilised the knee."

Excuse me...excuse me......training & muscle around the knee will fix ligament or cartilage damage?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 pm

I am reserving judgment until there is more information (and hopefully reported on a more reliable source than boxingscene).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Knees are as tricky as backs. Once something goes it's unpredictable if it'll go again, or why. Solis might have fought a full 12 rounds with no problem, or could have blown the knee out walking up the steps to the ring. You just never know.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:49 pm

GrantZilla wrote:1.8 mill! What a joke. Getting paid that kind of money and can't even show up to fight in shape, and hiding a serious injurry. Money needs to refund everyone for the "fight"

thank the laughable WBC for that. They made him mandatory to Vitali's plastic trinket, therefore he could hold out for a higher % of the revenue. K2 are cash cows.

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Tobe wrote:Knees are as tricky as backs. Once something goes it's unpredictable if it'll go again, or why. Solis might have fought a full 12 rounds with no problem, or could have blown the knee out walking up the steps to the ring. You just never know.

They are injuries tht can forever change a career. I remember when Ray Mercer got neck surgery. It ruined his once granite chin. A guy who once laughed off the bombs of guys like Lennox Lewis, Tommy Morrison, and others was suddenly getting dropped in sparring sessions by guys who were not known as punchers. Knees are the same. Sometimes a guy comes back no problem, then others find they can never do what they used to on the leg.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:31 pm

The Klits are not as smart as they are made out to be. Why the fuck is Vitali paying sanctioning fees for that joke belt and allowing Solis to take that kind of cut.

I'll say this, Mayweather refusing to pay for the WBA trinket makes him a lot smarter than the Klits
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Klits aren't the only ones paying sanctioning fees. I rather see them with the belts then having 6 different champs in the division. Mayweather paid for the IBF belt when he fought Zab after he lost to Baldy. Mayweather is all about.money now so he's not.going to.pay sanctioning fees.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:03 pm

So what if 4 other bums got trinkets, they'll all be guys the Klits have already beaten. Trinkets mean nothing. Everyone The Klits are at the top of the division
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:13 am

BERLIN -- Odlanier Solis has sustained serious knee injuries in his first-round knockout defeat by WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko on Saturday.

The 30-year-old Cuban was taken to hospital, where a scan revealed tears to his anterior cruciate ligament and external meniscus, as well as cartilage damage in his right knee.

The crowd in Cologne was disappointed by the 179-second bout. The fans booed and whistled for several minutes after it ended.

Klitschko said he's "sorry for the spectators. I don't fight for me, I fight for them."

The 39-year-old Ukrainian had delivered a right to Solis' left temple, when the Cuban wobbled back and fell on his back before clutching his knee.

It was Solis' first defeat in 18 pro fights. Klitschko improved to 42-2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6239606
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:15 am

captain,

I accidentally hit the minus sign next to your post decreasing your forum reputation?

Sorry. I don't know how to take the vote back.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:41 pm

knee injuries happened (El Matador Herandez and Yuri Foreman), and their purses werent withheld. It was obvious, well at least to me he fucked up his knee. It could have been worse and he could of taken a dive. Just his luck that his knee went out during the biggest fight of his life.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:50 pm

shdavistx wrote:captain,

I accidentally hit the minus sign next to your post decreasing your forum reputation?

Sorry. I don't know how to take the vote back.

you dare neg someone with my mystical powers!!! LOL. it is all good.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum