The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango

3 posters

Go down

Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango Empty Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango ZanferPosterGrande52

Will have my DVR set for this one
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango Empty Re: Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango

Post  SlickMoney Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Gonzalez vs Viloria would be a nice fight. Winner fights the Segura-Calderon winner.

Also i take it that we're never going to see the little guys on HBO or Showtime.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango Empty Re: Top Rank Live - Saturday - Chocolatito vs Chango

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Calderon and Segura been on HBO PPV under cards, not sure why they wouldnt invest in these guys

Cheaper fight to make and buy

Calderon, Viloria, Segura, Pingo Miranda, Gonzalez, Cazares, Ulises Solis - nice mix of talent
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:48 am

Roman Gonzalez is the type of little guy who should be on HBO or Showtime, it's disgusting how the networks ignore the little guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 am

Ali wrote:Roman Gonzalez is the type of little guy who should be on HBO or Showtime, it's disgusting how the networks ignore the little guys.

+1

Look at Segura vs Calderon II being on PPV again

HBO/SHO dont even have a card on that day
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:14 pm

What channel is this on?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Wants Segura next

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=37305

Last Saturday night in Puebla City, Mexico, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez had trouble in his first defense of the WBA junior flyweight title against Mexico's Manuel "Chango" Vargas, a former world champion. Gonzalez punished him in the early rounds but couldn't put him away. Gonzalez had a lot of trouble adjusting to the climate of Puebla.

"The 'Chango" Vargas is not bad. He hold on and comes forward. A lot of people here are giving criticism but if I would have knocked him out early, then they would have said that 'Chango' is a bad fighter and I only face bad fighters. And since he wasn't knocked out early, they continue to talk. But that's it, what's important is to continue winning the fight," Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez admits to become tired as the fight continued. He spent a lot of energy trying to stop Vargas in the early rounds.

"Yes, I felt a bit exhausted after throwing so many punches. But here we are, thank God we won and let's have more of a desire to succeed. I was pushing hard. The most important thing is we won and went well. I was affected the change of Puebla's height [above sea level], but the important thing is that you learn, and must be stationed there well before the fight. You have to go with a week earlier. I did not think that it would affect me so much."

Now Gonzalez wants to unify with WBA champion Giovani Segura. He waits for the outcome of Segura's fight with Ivan Calderon on April 2.

"Let's see what happens with Segura. I said I want to face him, I'm ready and I hope that soon I'll see him in the ring."
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Doesn't Segura have the WBO belt also?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:57 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Doesn't Segura have the WBO belt also?

had to check and he does

got it from Iron Boy
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down