The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr

+2
Gumby
captainanddew
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr Empty Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:17 pm

These ShoBox fights come on at 11:00 PM EST or in about 3 hours from now, if I can keep my eyes open that long, i'll post some comments, if nothing else, we can always talk about Steve Farhood's "nappy" hair do, or discuss why, when he talks, it looks like something is being shoved up his ass.
November 5
At Fargo, N.D. (Showtime): Edwin Rodriguez vs. James McGirt Jr., 10 rounds, super middleweights; Dyah Davis vs. Aaron Pryor Jr., 8 rounds, super middleweights.

It's on Showtime, but you might find a live stream here:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=94133&part=sports

Back to top Go down

Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr Empty Re: Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Ring wrote:These ShoBox fights come on at 11:00 PM EST or in about 3 hours from now, if I can keep my eyes open that long, i'll post some comments, if nothing else, we can always talk about Steve Farhood's "nappy" hair do, or discuss why, when he talks, it looks like something is being shoved up his ass.
November 5
At Fargo, N.D. (Showtime): Edwin Rodriguez vs. James McGirt Jr., 10 rounds, super middleweights; Dyah Davis vs. Aaron Pryor Jr., 8 rounds, super middleweights.

How difficult would it be for Farhood to get a hair cut, some Lasik, and a decent freaking outfit (basically my wife's comment one of the few times she watched shobox with me).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr Empty Re: Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:24 pm

Aaaargh, I'm, on tape delay

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ring wrote:These ShoBox fights come on at 11:00 PM EST or in about 3 hours from now, if I can keep my eyes open that long, i'll post some comments, if nothing else, we can always talk about Steve Farhood's "nappy" hair do, or discuss why, when he talks, it looks like something is being shoved up his ass.
November 5

How difficult would it be for Farhood to get a hair cut, some Lasik, and a decent freaking outfit (basically my wife's comment one of the few times she watched shobox with me).

I'd be happy if he'd just put a bag over his head:

Showtime fights on tonight - Rodriguez vs. McGirt Jr Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4Z8-uFiyef7iSvvCTAASIo_JQ-h-YNjEFSVXEVyCDXCpx5_E&t=1&usg=__bx4fh96vGfHUN0JjcazS4GkR4Ps=

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:32 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Aaaargh, I'm, on tape delay

If you want to, check out those live streams closer to the actual fight time Marble.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:20 pm

40 minutes till coverage begins. I think it might be a triple-header. I'm planning on watching, but after a long week, taping while watching is warranted.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:23 pm

captainanddew wrote:40 minutes till coverage begins. I think it might be a triple-header. I'm planning on watching, but after a long week, taping while watching is warranted.

I've got Showtime, did you ever get hooked back up? I've been searching for live stream for these fights tonight, but so far no luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:40 minutes till coverage begins. I think it might be a triple-header. I'm planning on watching, but after a long week, taping while watching is warranted.

I've got Showtime, did you ever get hooked back up? I've been searching for live stream for these fights tonight, but so far no luck.

got HBO and showtime. They were having a special deal. My wife said it was less than $10 a month right now where I live (not sure of the length of the special deal), but $10 is cheap. Ready for a great couple of months of fights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:44 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ring wrote:

got HBO and showtime. They were having a special deal. My wife said it was less than $10 a month right now where I live (not sure of the length of the special deal), but $10 is cheap. Ready for a great couple of months of fights.

I can't recall the last time I didn't have HBO & Showtime, it's been years, especially HBO. $10 is a hell of deal, hopefully that special will run for a while. (sounds like you've got a great wife) Even when Showtime & HBO are showing mediocre fights, like Showtime is tonight, it's still a good source of boxing info.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 pm

This is the only live Stream I could find for the Showtime fights tonight:

http://sport-streams.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 pm

First up:
Marcus Johnson (19-0, 14KOs), but only 4 fights in 26 months. Crazyness.

Kevin Engel-got KO'd by Edwin Rodriguez(main event tonight) in his last fight; all 3 losses were by KO.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:07 pm

We're in Fargo ND tonight. The place where people get put into woodchippers.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 pm

One thing you can't say about Farhood, is that he isn't knowlegeable about boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Ring wrote:One thing you can't say about Farhood, is that he isn't knowlegeable about boxing.

Farhood, Dougie Fisher, and Max Kellerman- 3 acknowledged boxing geeks.

Wow, standing 8 count and 3 knockdown rule in effect tonight. Gotta love it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

captainanddew wrote:We're in Fargo ND tonight. The place where people get put into woodchippers.

Oh my, was that in Fargo? I remember that guy who chopped his wife up, and dumped her "chips" into the river.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Johnson has faster hands than Engel. Lands left hooks to body and right hands to head in first minute.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Engel's head is there to be hit. He doesn't catch punches with the gloves well and he has no head movement. Rather obvious why he has been KO'd 3 times.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:Johnson has faster hands than Engel. Lands left hooks to body and right hands to head in first minute.

And he's just the much stronger man. He's looking good. If he stays at MW he has a bright future.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Johnson needs to go downstairs then up. Left hook to body and then immediately follow to the head. If that occurs we'll see a knockdown. Engel has a puncher's chance.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:14 pm

shit lot of empty seats. whose bright idea was it to make these fights in....NORTH DAKOTA??
rodriguez in worcester mass would have been a sell out
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Rum Capital wrote:shit lot of empty seats. whose bright idea was it to make these fights in....NORTH DAKOTA??
rodriguez in worcester mass would have been a sell out

Yup, dumb move. Put it where you can sell some tickets.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Good little 8 rounder, Johnson and Engel seem evenly matched.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Engel has enough to trouble Johnson. Engel landed his best shots of the first 2 rounds late in the round.

Engel throws the jab and gets countered by right hands rather easily.

After 2 rounds 20-18 for Johnson; Engel needs to slow Johnson down, do a better job with the jab, and land a big right hand.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Engel down. He has been KO'd 3 tiems. he doesn't have a good chin. He's in deep trouble.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 pm

this guy is done. Stop it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next