The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No wonder Felix Sturm cherry picks

5 posters

Go down

No wonder Felix Sturm cherry picks Empty No wonder Felix Sturm cherry picks

Post  Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Millions tune in to watch Sturm fight nobodies, and German networks give him six fight deals that are probably worth millions of dollars.

http://www.boxingscene.com/felix-sturm-signs-lucrative-six-fight-deal-with-sat1--36717

Back to top Go down

No wonder Felix Sturm cherry picks Empty Re: No wonder Felix Sturm cherry picks

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Ali wrote:Millions tune in to watch Sturm fight nobodies, and German networks give him six fight deals that are probably worth millions of dollars.

http://www.boxingscene.com/felix-sturm-signs-lucrative-six-fight-deal-with-sat1--36717

It is no secret that Germans are the most easy to please people on the planet. Germany is where entertainers that can't make it or flat out suck go. Fuck, David Hasselhoff horrible singing stays # 1 on their chargs for weeks.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 pm

BalliN!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Sturm is another European paper champ content and well paid to fight bunch of bums. His pity card of getting robbed by Oscar wore out years ago.

Fuck him. He's irrelevant. Martinez is the real Middleweight Champ.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:12 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Sturm is another European paper champ content and well paid to fight bunch of bums. His pity card of getting robbed by Oscar wore out years ago.

Fuck him. He's irrelevant. Martinez is the real Middleweight Champ.

I want to see Martinez vs Sturm
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:07 am

I'd like to see that too Gomez

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:33 am

I'd like to see it too. But at this point I can careless about Sturm. There been lots of fights he should have taken but never did. Pavlik, Abraham, Martinez, ect

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Ali wrote:Millions tune in to watch Sturm fight nobodies, and German networks give him six fight deals that are probably worth millions of dollars.

The German boxing scene has been THRIVING since the 90's. Its what the US boxing market was in the 70's and 80'. Boxers are the highest paid producut endorsers in the country. The boxers there are the equivalent of major NFL stars here. Henry Maske, Michalczewski, Rochigianni, The Klitschkos, Sturm, Schulz, you name it, they make BANK there and have been for a while. To me its CRAZY that US fighters wont go there for the money. Its been proven that Germany has the best track record of ALL major fight countries for fair decisions. They also treat the foriegn fighters VERY well in Germany. Great money and fan-support there.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:07 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:
The German boxing scene has been THRIVING since the 90's. Its what the US boxing market was in the 70's and 80'. Boxers are the highest paid producut endorsers in the country. The boxers there are the equivalent of major NFL stars here. Henry Maske, Michalczewski, Rochigianni, The Klitschkos, Sturm, Schulz, you name it, they make BANK there and have been for a while. To me its CRAZY that US fighters wont go there for the money. Its been proven that Germany has the best track record of ALL major fight countries for fair decisions. They also treat the foriegn fighters VERY well in Germany. Great money and fan-support there.

Steve Cunningham finally realized he had no career here as a cruiserweight and finally made the trip out there

Eddie Chambers gone there for Dimitrenko and Wlad, good paydays Im sure
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm

boxinglawyer wrote:

are you fucking kidding me???? is that why Sven Ottke never left Germany?? or is that why Sauerland are based over there?? because Sauerland represent solely fairness in boxing don't they. Germany is the home of the SD, Sauerland Decision. Germany is the fucking worst country to fight in if you're a foreign fighter

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Im SERIUS and I have EMPIRICAL data to back it up. Remember a site called Boxing Wise? Run by the well respected Marty Mulcahey as I recall. ( Smile )

He did an extensive study of decisions in the major boxing countries by city over a five year period. It showed that the foriegn fighter was MOST likely to win a decision in Germany and LEAST likely in the USA. It also showed that London was far superior to Las Vegas or Atlantic City for a foriegn fighter getting a fair shake. In fact, the ONLY place on Earth more biased and corrupt than the good ole USA? South Korea.

Foriegn fighters routinely go to Germany and defeat even well-liked and publically popular fighters in CLOSE decisions that could go either way. (Botha over Schulz, Virgill Hill over Maske, etc.)

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm

dbudge wrote:
boxinglawyer wrote:

are you fucking kidding me???? is that why Sven Ottke never left Germany?? or is that why Sauerland are based over there?? because Sauerland represent solely fairness in boxing don't they. Germany is the home of the SD, Sauerland Decision. Germany is the fucking worst country to fight in if you're a foreign fighter

Seriously, Sven Ottke never left Germany because he didnt need to and he made more money there. Sauerland is based over there because they are a GERMAN company. Not sure what all the venom is about, but its not like you to be so completly, utterly, and irrevocably WRONG about something like this. Just do a little research, if you STILL feel the same way after looking at the mountain of evidence contrary to your opinon, then I guess we will just agree to disagree.
If I am a South African promoter with a fighter getting a title shot and I have a choice of an American fighter in Las Vega, a London fighter in Wembly, or the German fighter in Hamsburg, I going to Deutschland every time.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:24 pm

interesting points lawyer..vegas screws a lot of fighters for sure.it makes sence to fight where1.you get the best fairness and 2.make the most money.i dont recall where sturm fought oscar but many feel he got gyped.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:32 pm

Sven Ottke stayed in Germany because he could get paid big money to beat average fighters by robbing them of decisions. there's too many controversial decisions on Ottke's resume. Lebedev got robbed blind recently against Marco Huck in Germany. Froch vs Dirrell is the last international fight i can think of in the UK where the decision was hometown cooking. and even that was close and Dirrell did nothing to earn the belt that night. i see some of the worst decisions made in Germany. the crowds are mute. Sauerland are corrupt motherfuckers, they are the most snakey promotional outfit in World boxing. they are bigger snakes than Bob Arum and co. Roger Tilleman is one of their favourite judges, a Belgian. he always crops up on Sauerland cards and has the most outrageous scorecards. when you see Roger Tilleman's name on a judging panel on a Sauerland show, he won't be on any others, then you know what's going down. SD, Sauerland Decision. Robin Reid got robbed against Sven Ottke and Tilleman's scorecard was horrific. then there's Froch vs Kessler and he scored that one 118-110 for Kessler. i've seen too many awful decisions in Germany to agree with your statement about fights in Germany being fair

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:27 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: Im SERIUS and I have EMPIRICAL data to back it up. Remember a site called Boxing Wise? Run by the well respected Marty Mulcahey as I recall. ( Smile )

He did an extensive study of decisions in the major boxing countries by city over a five year period. It showed that the foriegn fighter was MOST likely to win a decision in Germany and LEAST likely in the USA. It also showed that London was far superior to Las Vegas or Atlantic City for a foriegn fighter getting a fair shake. In fact, the ONLY place on Earth more biased and corrupt than the good ole USA? South Korea.

Foriegn fighters routinely go to Germany and defeat even well-liked and publically popular fighters in CLOSE decisions that could go either way. (Botha over Schulz, Virgill Hill over Maske, etc.)

Interesting, thanks for the info BL.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:35 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: Im SERIUS and I have EMPIRICAL data to back it up. Remember a site called Boxing Wise? Run by the well respected Marty Mulcahey as I recall. ( Smile )

can you provide a link to the study?? I know a bunch of us would love to read it. I tried searching but couldn't find it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 pm

think I actually have a hard copy in a file around my office somewhere that I printed off. The site has been off-line for about 5 years now but there might be a post of it somewhere on the internet. Ill dig around and see if I can find it and then re-type it in my spare time. It was an interesting read and had some good tid-bits of information in it too (number of title bouts per country/city, numberof decisions, etc. )

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum