The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nonito Donaire vs Hugo Cazares the back up plan for May 28th

2 posters

Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Hugo Cazares the back up plan for May 28th Empty Nonito Donaire vs Hugo Cazares the back up plan for May 28th

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:59 am

Although Top Rank hopes to match unified bantamweight titlist Nonito Donaire with fellow titleholder Anselmo Moreno (30-1-1, 10 KOs) on May 28 in the San Francisco Bay Area, where the Philippines' Donaire grew up, the opponent and place could change. Top Rank's Carl Moretti told ESPN.com that there is interest in bringing the fight to Atlantic City, N.J., to take place in the upstairs arena at Boardwalk Hall. And if Top Rank can't close a deal with Moreno, he said it is possible that Donaire (26-1, 18 KOs) could defend his belts -- which he won Feb. 19 with a crushing second-round knockout of Fernando Montiel -- against junior bantamweight titlist Hugo Cazares (34-6-2, 24 KOs) of Mexico.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=6180513

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Hugo Cazares the back up plan for May 28th Empty Re: Nonito Donaire vs Hugo Cazares the back up plan for May 28th

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Hugo would put up a good fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Nonito Donaire vs Hugo Cazares the back up plan for May 28th Empty Re: Nonito Donaire vs Hugo Cazares the back up plan for May 28th

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Hugo would put up a good fight

I can't see Hugo lasting long, he's 5'4 and fights at Super Flyweight.

If they can't make the Moreno fight I'd much rather see Donaire vs Koki Kameda.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Ali wrote:

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Ali wrote:

lmao this would be awesome. hugo would come in at straweight weighing almost 130 the day of the fight. it would be fun for once to see him as the smaller guy.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down