The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO Double Header - Lucas vs Devon & K9 vs Lara

3 posters

Go down

HBO Double Header - Lucas vs Devon & K9 vs Lara Empty HBO Double Header - Lucas vs Devon & K9 vs Lara

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:09 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=36569

Golden Boy Promotions CEO, Richard Schaefer, told BoxingScene.com that there is a very good chance that southpaw former WBC junior welterweight king Devon Alexander, of St. Louis, Mo., could soon be matched against Argentinian knockout artist Lucas Matthysse, as part of an HBO televised double-header that would also feature newly crowned IBF titlist Cornelius Bundrage of Detroit defendng his belt against Miami's hard-hitting, unbeaten southpaw Erislandy Lara of Cuba.

"Devon Alexander's promoter, Don King, and I, we had a very good conversation last Friday. We had a very good conversation and we were actually discussing a potential double-header which HBO is interested in. That would be between Devon Alexander and Lucas Matthysse, and then, K9 Bundrage and Erislandy Lara, the Cuban," said Schaefer.

"What I have done is that I've talked to Lucas Matthysse's manager and co-promoter in Argentina, and Lucas is going to accept the fight," said Schaefer. "So it's just a matter now of getting back to Don and working out the details. But based on the conversation that I've had with Lucas and Don, I think that we can get that fight done."

Alexander (21-1, 13 KOs) was dethroned last month as WBC titlist by WBO champion, Tim Bradley (27-0, 11 knockouts), and Mattysse (28-1, 26 KOs) scored eight knockdowns on the way to January's eighth-round stoppage of 36-year-old southpaw, former world titlist DeMarcus Corley (37-16-1, 22 KOs).

In victory over Corley, Matthysse rebounded from November's disputed, 12-round, split-decision loss to southpaw former three-time titlist Zab Judah (40-6, 27 KOs), whom Mattysse floored in the 10th round.

Judah's triupmh was in their IBF eliminator ended a run of four straight knockout wins by Matthysse, who, more than a year go in February, stopped former world titlist Vivian Harris (29-5-1, 19 KOs) in the fourth round.

Bundrage (30-4, 18 KOs) is coming off of August's fifth-round knockout that dethroned southpaw Cory Spinks (37-6, 11 KOs) as IBF champion, and Lara (15-0, 10 KOs) is coming off of January's knockout of Delray Raines -- Lara's fourth straight first-round stoppage in as many consecutive knockouts.

Alexander and Bundrage are promoted by Don King.

"With K9 and Lara, I have talked to our co-promoter there and they are interested in that fight," said Schaefer. "They want that fight and Lara wants that fight. I'm going to discuss that further with Don King as well and see if we can get that fight done."

Nice

Matthyse and K9 FTW
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

HBO Double Header - Lucas vs Devon & K9 vs Lara Empty Re: HBO Double Header - Lucas vs Devon & K9 vs Lara

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Great card, I hope it comes off.

Back to top Go down

HBO Double Header - Lucas vs Devon & K9 vs Lara Empty Re: HBO Double Header - Lucas vs Devon & K9 vs Lara

Post  Rum Capital Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 pm

has k9 even defended his belt?
anyways i like that fight for lara.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Rum Capital wrote:has k9 even defended his belt?
anyways i like that fight for lara.

I dont think so, last time I saw him ring was beating Spinks
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Lara will be the star of the show.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down