The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison!

+3
captainanddew
powerpuncher
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison! Empty Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison!

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:40 pm

22-year-old Tyson Fury, the most heavily hyped heavyweight prospect in the U.K, wants to make a statement that proves he is worthy of his hype. And who does the 13-0, 6’9” hope want to make a statement by facing and defeating? Why, that well known former Olympian known as “A-Force,” that’s who!

“It makes sense, it’s a good fight,” Fury said to U.K tabloid The Sun when speaking on the possibility of a fight between he and Harrison. “He’s just fought in a world title fight and is an Olympic gold medallist, while I’m a brash youngster with a big mouth who has been accused of not being able to back it up. So we’d see if he’s made of anything and we’d also see whether or not I’m a phoney.

“I’d fight Harrison, I’d love to. But it just shows you how much of a farce the Haye-Harrison fight was if people are thinking of me, with just 13 fights under my belt, taking on Harrison.”

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26835&more=1
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison! Empty Re: Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 am

Sleep

We don't need Audley in anymore fights here thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison! Empty Re: Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison!

Post  powerpuncher Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 am

GrantZilla wrote:22-year-old Tyson Fury, the most heavily hyped heavyweight prospect in the U.K, wants to make a statement that proves he is worthy of his hype. And who does the 13-0, 6’9” hope want to make a statement by facing and defeating? Why, that well known former Olympian known as “A-Force,” that’s who!

“It makes sense, it’s a good fight,” Fury said to U.K tabloid The Sun when speaking on the possibility of a fight between he and Harrison. “He’s just fought in a world title fight and is an Olympic gold medallist, while I’m a brash youngster with a big mouth who has been accused of not being able to back it up. So we’d see if he’s made of anything and we’d also see whether or not I’m a phoney.

“I’d fight Harrison, I’d love to. But it just shows you how much of a farce the Haye-Harrison fight was if people are thinking of me, with just 13 fights under my belt, taking on Harrison.”

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=26835&more=1
does he realize that fighting for a title really means nothing these days? i mean, haye obviously isnt the real champ and harrison did absolutely nothing to earn the shot. to make my point short, i dont want to ever see harrison fight again.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 am

Fury should know the title means nothing considering he now trains with Wladimir.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 am

He knows damn well. He's just trying desperatly to draw interst in the possibility of him fighting that bum.

Good luck with that man

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:19 am

More Fraudley. Yay!!!! I'll get a good Saturday afternoon nap!!!! Yay!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 am

Tyson Fury: I Challenge......Audley Harrison! Untitl15

The father and trainer of English boxing champion Tyson Fury has been jailed for 11 years after gouging out a man’s eye in a brawl.

John Fury left Oathie Sykes, 44, half-blind after a 12-year grudge erupted in bloody violence at a car auction.

Moments before shoving his finger into Mr Sykes’right eye, 46-year-old Fury declared himself the country’s toughest man, Manchester crown court heard.

John Fury personally steered his 22-year-old son Tyson – who supported him from the court's public gallery – to the British heavyweight title after just a handful of fights

Choking back tears, Fury - of Moss Lane, Wilmslow - begged the judge for mercy after admitting wounding Mr Sykes with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

“I’m worried about my son,” he said. “His boxing career is on the line.”

Speaking of the victim, he added: “If I could give my own eye to him to get back to my children I would do – I’m begging you for my life.”

Mr Sykes told court that he believed Fury wanted to completely blind him in the attack on the morning of July 14 last year.

“It was like he was trying to pull his finger into my brains through my socket,” he said. “I was screaming, 'Please stop, you’re hurting me."

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1407836_father_of_boxing_champion_tyson_fury_jailed_for_gouging_a_mans_eye_out_after_a_12_year_feud_over_a_bottle_of_beer

Crazy ass Gypsies
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 am

Probably a good thing for Fury's career now that his father is in jail.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:16 am

I wish he was actualy good, only because like to see Klits have to fight someone bigger then them for once that's actualy good.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:21 am

He's still very young, give him a couple of years with Manny before we judge him.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:54 am

lets not be too harsh on Fury. He is the type of guy that should be challenging Fraudley. Haye never should have fought him. He is the one that disdain should be shown towards.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:49 pm

captainanddew wrote:lets not be too harsh on Fury. He is the type of guy that should be challenging Fraudley. Haye never should have fought him. He is the one that disdain should be shown towards.

that's the point Fury was making. he was saying how farcical it was Harrison got a title shot. i know Fury has had a lotta trouble getting a fight made. everybody keeps asking for ridiculous purses because they think that Tyson Fury is some major star that has massive financial backing which is extremely far from the truth. and outside of hardcore boxing fans nobody knows who Fury is. i actually like Fury, i think he is very honest about things and i don't think he gets ahead of himself at all. Britain is having trouble getting these big guys to fight for reasonable sums, they forget that Heavyweight boxing is not as lucrative as in the 90s and they are also forgetting that they don't have half the talent the big guys 2 decades ago now had

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Just get it over with already

Monte Barrett vs Tyson Fury!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Just get it over with already

Monte Barrett vs Tyson Fury!!!

Barret is weird, one minute he's knocking down Tua then the next he's drawing with a nobody on a Holyfield undercard.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Why he's a great step up opponent lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:54 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Why he's a great step up opponent lol

Tye Fields is awfully similar in size and build to Fury Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Ali wrote:
Tye Fields is awfully similar in size and build to Fury Laughing

hahahaha

lets see it!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:50 pm

I saw Tye Fields fight recently on a televised Canadian club show. He is beyond awful.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Canvas wrote:I saw Tye Fields fight recently on a televised Canadian club show. He is beyond awful.

Yeah I caught that one too. Most interesting part of the card was the bum he was fighting does his road work with his pet buffalo. Seriously. But, in all honesty, didn't look like he'd done much road work at all :lol
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Tobe wrote:
Canvas wrote:I saw Tye Fields fight recently on a televised Canadian club show. He is beyond awful.

Yeah I caught that one too. Most interesting part of the card was the bum he was fighting does his road work with his pet buffalo. Seriously. But, in all honesty, didn't look like he'd done much road work at all :lol

LMAO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm

harrison will only ever be acceptable as an opponent if after dispatching him fury steps it up & challenges aussie joe bugner.anything less is the path of least resistance. lol!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 am

Pet Buffalo LMAO, where does one even acquire such a pet ?

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 am

Ali wrote:Pet Buffalo LMAO, where does one even acquire such a pet ?

if you pay the right money you can get anything. i work with a guy that has pumas, cayman crocodiles and various other weird and wonderful creatures. i asked him the same thing and that was the answer i got. Buffalo's are native to North America so i can't imagine that would be too hard to acquire, but not exactly a pet that i'd want to have to look after

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down