The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Dan giving it to the WBC....

5 posters

Go down

Fat Dan giving it to the WBC.... Empty Fat Dan giving it to the WBC....

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:19 pm

flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Fat Dan giving it to the WBC.... Empty Re: Fat Dan giving it to the WBC....

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Here's one....
• Super middleweight is a toxic disaster. Kelly Pavlik, the former middleweight champion who hasn't fought since losing his title last April (and recently spending two months as an in-patient at an alcohol rehabilitation facility) is suddenly the No. 1 contender at 168 pounds. So he is coming off a loss and has yet to fight as a bona fide super middleweight, but he is the No. 1 contender? Sure, whatever El Presidente says.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:18 pm

It still disgusts me that people still think the WBC is the most legit title
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

The Pavlik one was commonplace. Adamek beat Arreola by UD. Then both have faced comparable competition since. Yet, Arreola is ranked above Adamek. What the fuck.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Fat Dan has been giving it to the WBC for quite some time now (especially on Twitter). He should write an article about disassociating himself from anything related to the WBC and only recognize The Ring rankings.

These types of articles only make the sport look bad. It would be like college football always writing about implementing a playoff system and how bad the BCS is.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

GrantZilla wrote:It still disgusts me that people still think the WBC is the most legit title

Boxing needs to get with the times too. Look at the WBC website. It looks like it was made in 1995 and has been kept up by someone in house that has no web designing experience. In fact, pretty much all boxing promotional website are really bad. Top Rank's is the best.. and even theirs is not that good.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 pm

shdavistx wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:It still disgusts me that people still think the WBC is the most legit title

Boxing needs to get with the times too. Look at the WBC website. It looks like it was made in 1995 and has been kept up by someone in house that has no web designing experience. In fact, pretty much all boxing promotional website are really bad. Top Rank's is the best.. and even theirs is not that good.

their site is pretty bad, until you go and look at another company like Golden Boy.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

captainanddew wrote:
shdavistx wrote:

their site is pretty bad, until you go and look at another company like Golden Boy.

I actually run a website design company for a living. It disgusts me seeing how bad Golden Boy's website is. I've actually contacted them a few times to discuss web development, but they never respond.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 pm

shdavistx wrote:
I actually run a website design company for a living. It disgusts me seeing how bad Golden Boy's website is. I've actually contacted them a few times to discuss web development, but they never respond.

GBP are cheap, according to Arum they weren't willing to cough 2k for DJ at fight card
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Oscar de la Hoya, president of Golden Boy, sent a communication to the WBC office requesting the approval of the March 5th fight between WBC silver super welterweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Euro welterweight champ Matthew Hatton to be for the vacant WBC 154lb championship formerly held by Manny Pacquiao, with the winner being committed to make his next defense against the official challenger designated by the WBC. WBC President Jose Sulaiman is putting the matter into consideration of the WBC Board of Governors and will have a decision within a week. Alvarez is already the WBC’s automatic official challenger to the WBC super welterweight title by virtue of his silver belt.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alvarez-hatton-for-mannys-title-75115
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:34 pm

Every now, Fatboy can be right about something, he's telling it like it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down