The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schaefer: Lamont back in play vs Khan, then Bradley 7/30

+2
hardcorebee24
gomez1012
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Schaefer: Lamont back in play vs Khan, then Bradley 7/30 Empty Schaefer: Lamont back in play vs Khan, then Bradley 7/30

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

OK, R.Schaefer has confirmed that Lamont Peterson is back in the mix to face Amir Khan on April 16th.
http://twitter.com/#!/stevemaxboxing/status/32251442307796992

Also, the proposed date of a Khan-Bradley fight is July 30th, according to Mr Schaefer
http://twitter.com/#!/stevemaxboxing/status/32251609387892737

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Schaefer: Lamont back in play vs Khan, then Bradley 7/30 Empty Re: Schaefer: Lamont back in play vs Khan, then Bradley 7/30

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 pm

This is great if it happens. That means Khan will have fought ranked opponents in 5 of his 6 bouts at 140. That's a very impressive resume if it comes to fruition.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Schaefer: Lamont back in play vs Khan, then Bradley 7/30 Empty Re: Schaefer: Lamont back in play vs Khan, then Bradley 7/30

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Hopefully comes through
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm

And Amir's dad wants Junior Witter

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=35444

"Junior is on our list. He's an ex-world champion who lost a split to Tim Bradley, who Amir hopes to fight. So no one can criticise his pedigree," said Shah Khan to The Sun.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Are you kiddin' me? Bradley destroyed Peterson already, plus the world saw Ortiz spank him regardless of the judges scores. He's clearly not on that level. Khan would UD him easily. He's not a threat. They should make Alexander fight Peterson & force the promoters to sit next to each other & listen as they yell "pop" every time they throw a punch. It would be annoyance in stereo.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm

gomez1012 wrote:And Amir's dad wants Junior Witter

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=35444

"Junior is on our list. He's an ex-world champion who lost a split to Tim Bradley, who Amir hopes to fight. So no one can criticise his pedigree," said Shah Khan to The Sun.

He's semi-retired. Stupid fight. Only way i see this is if Khan gets beat badly in his next outing.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Are you kiddin' me? Bradley destroyed Peterson already, plus the world saw Ortiz spank him regardless of the judges scores. He's clearly not on that level. Khan would UD him easily. He's not a threat. They should make Alexander fight Peterson & force the promoters to sit next to each other & listen as they yell "pop" every time they throw a punch. It would be annoyance in stereo.

It's a great stay busy for Bradley.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:01 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Are you kiddin' me? Bradley destroyed Peterson already, plus the world saw Ortiz spank him regardless of the judges scores. He's clearly not on that level. Khan would UD him easily. He's not a threat. They should make Alexander fight Peterson & force the promoters to sit next to each other & listen as they yell "pop" every time they throw a punch. It would be annoyance in stereo.

seriously, only female tennis players should be allowed to do this Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:17 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

You telling me you'd want to see Bradley face Peterson again?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:18 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I meant Khan, sorry. I wouldn't want to pay for it but to fight a ranked guy as an interim fight I have no problem with.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I meant Khan, sorry. I wouldn't want to pay for it but to fight a ranked guy as an interim fight I have no problem with.
OK...I get that, but I don't get Peterson deserving a title shot with Khan.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:26 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

What would your solution be? We say they don't fight enough but when they schedule fights we don't approve of we complain. We want to ignore the straps but we ask why one guys deserves a title shot. We only want to use the Ring as the recognized belt, this fight wouldn't be for the Ring Belt. If he's definitely going to fight Bradley and the contracts are signed then I have zero issue with him fighting Peterson
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:31 pm

junior witter really wasn't all he was cranked up to be anyway. he literally did make a career out of calling out Ricky Hatton so everybody rated him. he really wasn't that good

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

What would your solution be? We say they don't fight enough but when they schedule fights we don't approve of we complain. We want to ignore the straps but we ask why one guys deserves a title shot. We only want to use the Ring as the recognized belt, this fight wouldn't be for the Ring Belt. If he's definitely going to fight Bradley and the contracts are signed then I have zero issue with him fighting Peterson
Well, to answer your question, I feel that once a fighter achieves that level of success that he should remain on that level. Khan & Bradley should be made. Ortiz should be lobbying for a Maidana rematch so he can get a title shot. I don't see Witter in the mix since both Bradley & Alexander have beaten him, but if he can beat a 140 lb. contender like Judah, Matthysse or Mabuza, he can work his way back in.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Khan vs Peterson is a lame, boring fight but I guess its fine if he fights Bradley next. I'd rather he fight Ortiz next because at least he would have the power to make it interesting. I know Ortiz is in talks to fight Berto though so whatever.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:This is great if it happens. That means Khan will have fought ranked opponents in 5 of his 6 bouts at 140. That's a very impressive resume if it comes to fruition.

Yeah I agree. This fight as a stay busy fight is more than adequate.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:49 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Well, to answer your question, I feel that once a fighter achieves that level of success that he should remain on that level. Khan & Bradley should be made. Ortiz should be lobbying for a Maidana rematch so he can get a title shot. I don't see Witter in the mix since both Bradley & Alexander have beaten him, but if he can beat a 140 lb. contender like Judah, Matthysse or Mabuza, he can work his way back in.

I agree that a Witter fight is pointless. The only reason I see that fight is because they're English. Khan against any of the other three you mentioned is also acceptable.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Nice, keeps Khan facing a top Jr Welterweight instead of Lightweights and unknowns.

And Jr Witter would've have knocked Ricky Hatton out when he was a trinket holder in the divison.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:23 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:This is great if it happens. That means Khan will have fought ranked opponents in 5 of his 6 bouts at 140. That's a very impressive resume if it comes to fruition.

This is the kind of fight Adamek should be looking for, not some bum who beat an ancient version of Tyson.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

This is the kind of fight Adamek should be looking for, not some bum who beat an ancient version of Tyson.

Stay busy fights are just that, stay busy fights. I'll give an established guy a lot of latitude if he's fighting frequently.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:02 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Stay busy fights are just that, stay busy fights. I'll give an established guy a lot of latitude if he's fighting frequently.

Yeah but they're pointless if the opponent is complete bum who benefits you in no way, Adamek's already had his fair share of keep busy fights with poor opponents eg Maddalone, Grant.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Yeah but they're pointless if the opponent is complete bum who benefits you in no way, Adamek's already had his fair share of keep busy fights with poor opponents eg Maddalone, Grant.

He's a lightheavy/cruiser that moved up, he beat Arreola and Estrada and fought a guy like Grant to get ready for the size of Wlad. He fights five times a year and two of which were established heavies. He's fighting and building a base and staying in shape.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Sell it all you want but the fight is a complete joke, they had a Samuel Peter fight on the table and opted for a complete bum.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Ali wrote:Sell it all you want but the fight is a complete joke, they had a Samuel Peter fight on the table and opted for a complete bum.

With good reason, a signed deal for a HW title shot in the fall

McBride is tall and a far less risk than Peter
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:Sell it all you want but the fight is a complete joke, they had a Samuel Peter fight on the table and opted for a complete bum.

With good reason, a signed deal for a HW title shot in the fall

McBride is tall and a far less risk than Peter

They could have done alot better than Kevin freaking McBride, he's won one fight in five years.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next