The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Lemieux stops Hector Camacho

5 posters

Go down

David Lemieux stops Hector Camacho Empty David Lemieux stops Hector Camacho

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:53 am

This Canadian kid has some serious potential:

MONTREAL -- David Lemieux stopped Hector Camacho Jr. in the final second of the first round Friday night to improve to 24-0 and retain the WBC International middleweight title.

The 21-year-old Canadian landed a big right midway through the round that left Camacho (52-4-1) wobbly, then finished him off at the end of the round at Bell Centre.

The 32-year-old Camacho is the son of three-time world champion Hector "Macho" Camacho.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5743220

I couldn't find a video of Lemieux knocking out Camacho Jr., but here's one of him blasting Rene Fernandez: If you don't want to watch the entire fight, scroll forward to 6:00 mins on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkWzq0r9exc

Back to top Go down

David Lemieux stops Hector Camacho Empty Re: David Lemieux stops Hector Camacho

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Wow, just watched the replay on ESPN3, this kid can bang, he put Camacho Jr's lights out.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of David Lemieux.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:42 pm

This fight seemed like a total mismatch from the get go. I am wondering if Jr's promoter is simply tired of trying to get him winnable fights, considering how crappy he's looked against low level competition. It appears as if they've cashed him out.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Camacho Jr. is soft.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:30 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:This fight seemed like a total mismatch from the get go. I am wondering if Jr's promoter is simply tired of trying to get him winnable fights, considering how crappy he's looked against low level competition. It appears as if they've cashed him out.

Mismatch or not, Lemieux's KO was impressive, I think he's ready to step up and challenge for one of the major middleweight titles.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Ring wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:This fight seemed like a total mismatch from the get go. I am wondering if Jr's promoter is simply tired of trying to get him winnable fights, considering how crappy he's looked against low level competition. It appears as if they've cashed him out.

Mismatch or not, Lemieux's KO was impressive, I think he's ready to step up and challenge for one of the major middleweight titles.

I like him, but he's got a little ways to go....they should however step up his competition. Perhaps a fight with Golovkin, Pirog, even Andy Lee.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:24 pm

He's only 21 so they shouldn't rush him. They do need to put him in there with someone who can either take or dodge his punches, or with someone who can fight back. He'll get bad habits if he keeps up this way.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Gumby wrote:He's only 21 so they shouldn't rush him. They do need to put him in there with someone who can either take or dodge his punches, or with someone who can fight back. He'll get bad habits if he keeps up this way.

That's true Gumby, and 21 is young, it wouldn't be a good thing if he stepped up right away and took a beating, it could ruin his career. Having said that, I don't believe he's too far from being able to step up and fight the big dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:36 pm

No way I stick him in there with Pirog right now. Incremental increases in competition are what is needed.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 am

Lemieux is going to be a star. Has had the best trainer in Canada (Russ Anber) since he was a kid, and they're bringing him along the right way. I was pleased to see Russ go right to Camacho's corner after the KO (if you noticed) to make sure he was alright. Really one of the good guys of boxing.

Everyone in the Montreal scene knows this kid is a cash-cow with his power, style and the fact that he's actually French Canadian (not Hatian, Romanian or any of the other adopted Quebec stars). You're going to be seeing a lot more of him.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:44 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ring wrote:

I like him, but he's got a little ways to go....they should however step up his competition. Perhaps a fight with Golovkin, Pirog, even Andy Lee.
what??? heck no. these 3 guys are the future of this division. no sense in paring them up now. plus i don't feel lemieux is ready for either guy.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down