The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James DeGale vs Dimitri Sartison in March ??

Go down

James DeGale vs Dimitri Sartison in March ?? Empty James DeGale vs Dimitri Sartison in March ??

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:30 pm

British tabloids The News of The World and The Star claim that Frank Warren is exploring the possibility of matching British super-middleweight champion James DeGale with WBA Regular 168lb title-holder Dimitri Sartison. DeGale, the 2008 Olympic Gold middleweight medalist, defeated Paul Smith in nine-rounds to capture the crown last December; Sartison claimed the Regular WBA title with a stoppage win over Stjepan Bozic in November 2009; he successfully defended the belt courtesy of a points win over Khoren Gevor last July.

British tabloids The News of The World and The Star claim that Frank Warren is exploring the possibility of matching British super-middleweight champion James DeGale with WBA Regular 168lb title-holder Dimitri Sartison on March 19. DeGale, the 2008 Olympic Gold middleweight medalist, defeated Paul Smith in nine-rounds to capture the crown last December; Sartison claimed the Regular WBA title with a stoppage win over Stjepan Bozic in November 2009; he successfully defended the belt courtesy of a points win over Khoren Gevor last July.

Sartison's sole defeat came when vying for the WBA title in 2008; Mikkel Kessler, coming off a points defeat to Joe Calzaghe, stepped it up in the final session to stop Dimitri with a minute left in the stanza. Andre Ward holds the WBA Super World super-middleweight world title, leaving Sartison, 27-1 (17), with the distinction of dominion over the rest of the world. The 30-year-old, though, is a big step up for DeGale, 9-0 (7) and the possibility of a voluntary defence against 'Chunky', the WBA International title-holder, also places question marks over a possible showdown between James and London rival George Groves, who is the mandatory challenger for the 24-year-old's Lonsdale belt.

Boxingscene have been informed that Warren is indeed exploring this option, amongst others, as he seeks to plot DeGale's next move.

http://www.boxingscene.com/degale-vs-sartison-being-explored-by-frank-warren--35072

Bogus trinket aside that's a huge step up in class for DeGale.

Back to top Go down

James DeGale vs Dimitri Sartison in March ?? Empty Re: James DeGale vs Dimitri Sartison in March ??

Post  dbudge Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:31 pm

fuck me all the sanctioning bodies are a joke. the only sanctioning body that doesn't seem to be too much of a joke right now is the IBF, but they haven't got anybody who is a legit champion in a single division. at least the IBF ordered fights to be made to find a legitimate number 1 for Wladimir Klitschko.

James DeGale is International Champion, Sartison is regular champion, Ward is Super Champion. Did you know that these "International" champions are called such in Europe because they are basically an unofficial European Title from the EBA or some shit. the legitimate European title is the EBU. because most countries in Europe like Britain and Germany etc only recognise the EBU title, they call this other mickey mouse European title things like the WBA's "International" Champion to sidestep the problem. it really is fucking shambolic and has got so out of control. they got more belts than a "looky looky, $1" man in Thailand!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

James DeGale vs Dimitri Sartison in March ?? Empty Re: James DeGale vs Dimitri Sartison in March ??

Post  Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 pm

DeGale is going to end up biting off more than he can chew one day, his arrogance will make him walking onto a shot that knocks him out cold.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Ali wrote:DeGale is going to end up biting off more than he can chew one day, his arrogance will make him walking onto a shot that knocks him out cold.

i think his arrogance is old news now. i mean he's backed up everything he has said so far. Ali did the same, Froch does it. i really disliked DeGale for his arrogance but as you watch him develop, considering he is only a 2 year professional, you've got to see the talent that is clearly there. i hear that he trains like a machine and going on the evidence in his fights i'd say that's true. he never has to get out of 1st gear and nobody has given him anything to think about so far. i thought his performance against Paul Smith for the British title was not only clinical, but he showed a very mature fighting presence of mind and stepped it up at the right time. Smith was meant to give him problems seeing as DeGale was only a 9 fight pro, Smith clearly tried his best but he gave DeGale no problems at all. my perception on DeGale has changed dramatically based on his performances, all the time he wants to talk big but backs it up i don't have a problem. i like his ambition to fight the best, i like that he has taken over Groves in their little feud. Groves looks worse everytime i watch him and at the moment i make Chunky a massive favourite in that fight... 12 months ago that was a different story. it's because DeGale works harder than Groves

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down