The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So will HBO still call Martinez the Middleweight Champ?

2 posters

Go down

So will HBO still call Martinez the Middleweight Champ? Empty So will HBO still call Martinez the Middleweight Champ?

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Since he no longer has any ABC belts, just that magazine belt they don't like

"They can match whoever they want below me [for the vacant belt], but in my view, that winner can't truly call himself a champion."
---Sergio Martinez
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

So will HBO still call Martinez the Middleweight Champ? Empty Re: So will HBO still call Martinez the Middleweight Champ?

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:35 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Since he no longer has any ABC belts, just that magazine belt they don't like

"They can match whoever they want below me [for the vacant belt], but in my view, that winner can't truly call himself a champion."
---Sergio Martinez

of course not. Though max has strayed from his roots he does when discussing divisions (when HBO does their fighters in a division graphic), he does refer to lineal champs. He damn better say martinez is the lineal champ.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

So will HBO still call Martinez the Middleweight Champ? Empty Re: So will HBO still call Martinez the Middleweight Champ?

Post  Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:25 pm

If Max commentates his next fight I am sure he'll call Marvilla the man at 160lb.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Sell out Max.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum