The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley

4 posters

Go down

Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley Empty Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley CORLEYLUCASNF_1

Starts 11:30pm Pacific

Lucas looks to rebound after his fight with Zab by facing the true veteran Chop Chop Corley
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley Empty Re: Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Sweet. Love me some Solo Boxeo. It's helping me with my Spanish...

Not realy

My Spanish teacher in high school told me to watch Spanish kids shows, and that's what been doing.

Just talk way too fast in everything else.

Outside it being too fast, whole gendering of words is crazy as fuck

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley Empty Re: Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Chop Chop almost upset Maidana in Argentina.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:10 pm

My wife watched novelas when she was taking spanish in school for the same reason

This is actually one of the better fights they have had since GBP took it over
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:My wife watched novelas when she was taking spanish in school for the same reason

This is actually one of the better fights they have had since GBP took it over

golden boy loves to put on garbage. Then they wonder what went wrong when their fighter eventually steps up and has an "epic failure". I can tell them what happened!!! stop feeding your boys cans all the time.

For once they got it right. Corley should make their boy break a sweat but eventually wilt.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:33 am

Matthysse killed Chop Chop to the body. He dropped him 9 times (7 legit). Every time with a left hook to the body. He's just too strong. Chop Chop made him work in the first few rounds, but this guy is an animal. Over in 8.

Not sure why Zab's gotten so much flack. I think him and Mabuza are right there with Khan, Bradley and Alexander. Matthysse is definitely a good fighter.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:09 am

Gumby, you know damn well why Zab get's flack

Look under underacheiver and wasted talent, and you'll find Zab's kisser
Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley Zab-judah
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Gumby wrote:Matthysse killed Chop Chop to the body. He dropped him 9 times (7 legit). Every time with a left hook to the body. He's just too strong. Chop Chop made him work in the first few rounds, but this guy is an animal. Over in 8.

Not sure why Zab's gotten so much flack. I think him and Mabuza are right there with Khan, Bradley and Alexander. Matthysse is definitely a good fighter.

Nine times damn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Gumby, you know damn well why Zab get's flack

Look under underacheiver and wasted talent, and you'll find Zab's kisser
Solo Boxeo Tonight - Lucas Matthysse vs Chop Chop Corley Zab-judah

I get that he's an underachiever. I just think him and Mabuza are in the discussion with the top fighters. Zab, Khan and Alexander all struggled with similarly difficult competition.

Devon got dismissed because he struggled with a guy Khan beat easily, and showed he can be beat to the punch and thrown out of rhythm.

Zab got completely dismissed because Matthysse was less known, and he still fades a little down the stretch and has difficultly with big physical fighters.

Khan has been propped up because despite struggling with Maidana he showed a chin and toughness people though he lacked.

In my book they're wins are a lot closer in importance. They all showed that they're vulnerable, but very good. Yet, Khan's the only one who people still agree is very good.

Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:42 am

What happened last night to my fighter, former world champion DeMarcus “Chop Chop” Corley (36-16-1, 22 KOs), in Argentina against Lucas Matthysee (28-1, 26 KOs) was a travesty. He recently fought Marcus Maidana in Argentina and lost without any complaints, but last night was an outright injustice and another black eye for boxing.

Everything was totally unacceptable from the very beginning. DeMarcus arrived there early Tuesday morning, attended a press conference the following day, and weighed-in Thursday. We were informed just a couple days before DeMarcus Corley left for Argentina that the fight was for the vacant WBO Intercontinental super lightweight title. We didn’t have any problems with that at all, but I was very surprised that the WBO approved these two fighters, who both lost their last fights, to fight for the title.

At 6 AM Friday morning, the morning of the fight, Corley was suddenly awoken and taken to the hospital for medicals, including an EKG and brain scan, and he didn’t get back to the hotel until 2 PM. Three hours later and without any rest, ‘Chop Chop” was taken to the arena. He was there three days and nobody said anything to him or our team about him needing medicals, not until the morning of the fight, and he obviously didn’t look sharp in the fight because of all the running around he had to do. Why did they wait?

Granted, “Chop Chop” didn’t look good. He took a knee after a body shot for a legitimate knockdown but he wasn’t hurt. My biggest concern came in the seventh round, when he was hit with a blatant low blow, but the referee did nothing, not even a warning. Matthysee then delivered multiple low blows, illegal hits to the back of the head, pushed “Chop Chop” down a few times –counting them as knockdowns -- and even hit him on the top of the head when he was down. In any other country this would have led to a disqualification, no questions about that, but the referee didn’t issue a warning, never mind deduct a single point.

We ended-up unfairly losing by eighth-round technical knockout. The referee was totally unprofessional and we have no clue what the WBO supervisor was watching. We are looking into filing a complaint with the Argentine Boxing Commission against the show promoters (Golden Boy Promotions and Aranobox) and petitioning the WBO to review the action; ultimately overturning the outcome and, at the very least, rule the fight a no-contest.

I am writing this letter to the boxing world not only to protect my fighter, but because I’m also disappointed by how poorly it affects the sport of boxing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/corleys-manager-cries-foul-over-matthysse-tko-defeat--35047

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Gumby wrote:Matthysse killed Chop Chop to the body. He dropped him 9 times (7 legit). Every time with a left hook to the body. He's just too strong. Chop Chop made him work in the first few rounds, but this guy is an animal. Over in 8.

+1

Lucas did work to the body, beat chopped Chop Chop down with those left hooks

Very impressive night

Next fight should be vs Mabuza-Judah winner
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

It sounds like they were unprofessional and dragged Chop Chop around, but everything that happened in the ring was legit. The ref was fine. There may have been a few low blows, but no one complained at the time and Matthysse was killing him to the body.

I remember the announcer saying something early like "this is the type of fight where he'll be pissing blood for 2-3 weeks after the fight".

The truth is that Chop Chop is older and wearing down.

Last edited by Gumby on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Agreed Gumby

The only thing you can knock the ref for is not stopping sooner lol

9 KDs!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down