The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rampage Jackson vs Thiago Silva targeted for UFC 130

3 posters

Go down

Rampage Jackson vs Thiago Silva targeted for UFC 130 Empty Re: Rampage Jackson vs Thiago Silva targeted for UFC 130

Post  freakzilla Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:58 pm

I thought the UFC would put Rampage on ice so he can fight the Rua-Rashad winner next. Maybe the Jones-Bader winner will get the next title shot instead.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Rampage Jackson vs Thiago Silva targeted for UFC 130 Empty Re: Rampage Jackson vs Thiago Silva targeted for UFC 130

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:49 am

freakzilla wrote:I thought the UFC would put Rampage on ice so he can fight the Rua-Rashad winner next. Maybe the Jones-Bader winner will get the next title shot instead.

I don't mind this fight, it'll be entertaining while it lasts.

Plus it gives room for the Franklin vs Forrest winner to get a crack. I am sure Rua would love to get revenge on Griffin.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 am

The Franklin-Forrest winner has no business getting a title shot next.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 pm

freakzilla wrote:The Franklin-Forrest winner has no business getting a title shot next.

I'd have no problem seeing Ace get a shot if he's impressive against Forrest, Rich deserves a fat paycheck.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:41 pm

He's already had his time to shine. Rampage should get the next shot followed by Jon Jones-Ryan Bader winner.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:51 pm

freakzilla wrote:He's already had his time to shine. Rampage should get the next shot followed by Jon Jones-Ryan Bader winner.

It's too soon for the Bader vs Jones winner, the UFC needs to build both up some more.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Ali wrote:
freakzilla wrote:He's already had his time to shine. Rampage should get the next shot followed by Jon Jones-Ryan Bader winner.

It's too soon for the Bader vs Jones winner, the UFC needs to build both up some more.

Who else can they fight? The winner should fight the Franklin-Forrest winner for the next shot.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

Who else can they fight? The winner should fight the Franklin-Forrest winner for the next shot.

I just feel they should be built up a little, both guys are pretty young and green.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Both have had more fights than Cain Velasquez.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:07 pm

freakzilla wrote:Both have had more fights than Cain Velasquez.

Yeah but Cain went through Kongo, Rothwell and Big Nog to get his shot.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Kongo and Rothwell are hopeless and Jones beating Franklin would be about equal to Cain beating Big Nog.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:40 pm

freakzilla wrote:Kongo and Rothwell are hopeless and Jones beating Franklin would be about equal to Cain beating Big Nog.

Franklin's got more left in him than Big Nog did. But the UFC LHW division is much deeper than heavyweight and Jones isn't anywhere near as polished as Cain.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Due to Thiago's drug test following his win over Vera being currently "under review", 2 great fights have been scrapped and a far less desirable matchup has been made. We no longer get the sure to be exciting matchup of Thiago vs Rampage or the too perfect matchup of Phil Davis vs Matt Hamill. We are now forced to deal with Rampage vs Hamill. Major let down.
https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com/t1513-phil-davis-vs-matt-hamill-in-the-works-for-ufc-129
^
no longer happening Crying or Very sad

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 am

Yeah I know it sucks, Silva vs Rampage would have been a helluva fight.

I am not interested in Page vs Hamill at all, I'd much rather see Bonnar get the shot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 am

Ali wrote:Yeah I know it sucks, Silva vs Rampage would have been a helluva fight.

I am not interested in Page vs Hamill at all, I'd much rather see Bonnar get the shot.

I guess because of the style matchup and the fact that Page hates Bonnar for talking shit. But Hamill is a much higher ranked fighter then Stephan at the moment and Rampage is very close to a title shot.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 am

Deeznutz wrote:
Ali wrote:Yeah I know it sucks, Silva vs Rampage would have been a helluva fight.

I guess because of the style matchup and the fact that Page hates Bonnar for talking shit. But Hamill is a much higher ranked fighter then Stephan at the moment and Rampage is very close to a title shot.

Oh I understand why it's happening but I just feel stylistically Bonnar matches up better with Page, that fight would be guaranteed to be Fight Of The Night.

Do you think Silva is juicing ??

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 am

Ali wrote:
Deeznutz wrote:

Oh I understand why it's happening but I just feel stylistically Bonnar matches up better with Page, that fight would be guaranteed to be Fight Of The Night.

Do you think Silva is juicing ??

Yeah just for entertainment Bonnar would be more fun while it lasted. I'm still wondering why the UFC told Rashad no? I'm guessing it has to be because it isn't a sure thing he would be healed in time and they didn't want to find yet another replacement for Rampage.
The Thiago situation is interesting. 1 test came back clean and the other is "under review". Which means they are taking a closer look at something? Thiago said his blood was clean, whatever that means? It's obvious it isn't a clear cut failed test or they would have already come out and said it.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 am

I suppose I could understand the caution because of Shad's injured knee, no point in risking to promote a big fight that could possible get delayed or fall apart. But I am pretty confident that rematch will eventually happen, too big of a cash cow to ignore.

I really hope Thiago is clean, he's an entertaining fighter who can provide knockouts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:02 am

Ali wrote:I suppose I could understand the caution because of Shad's injured knee, no point in risking to promote a big fight that could possible get delayed or fall apart. But I am pretty confident that rematch will eventually happen, too big of a cash cow to ignore.

I really hope Thiago is clean, he's an entertaining fighter who can provide knockouts.

Rampage and Rashad will fight again. Too much hate there for it not to happen. Both guys were willing to pass up title shots just to fight again.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am

Deeznutz wrote:
Ali wrote:I suppose I could understand the caution because of Shad's injured knee, no point in risking to promote a big fight that could possible get delayed or fall apart. But I am pretty confident that rematch will eventually happen, too big of a cash cow to ignore.

Rampage and Rashad will fight again. Too much hate there for it not to happen. Both guys were willing to pass up title shots just to fight again.

I read somewhere Page slapped Rashad in a club Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:09 am

Ali wrote:
Deeznutz wrote:

I read somewhere Page slapped Rashad in a club Laughing

Page slapped him, Rashad slapped him back and they got seperated.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:18 am

They should lock Rashad and Page in a container and let them settle their business.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 am

Ali wrote:They should lock Rashad and Page in a container and let them settle their business.

As long as they film it lol

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 am

Deeznutz wrote:
Ali wrote:They should lock Rashad and Page in a container and let them settle their business.

As long as they film it lol

In 3D !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum