The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent? Empty Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent?

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:02 am

Who is the greatest ever boxer to come out of each continent? They don't have to have been born there as long as they represented a country from there for the majority of their careers so for example Kostya Tzsyu qualifies for Australia not Europe.

North America=
South America=
Europe=
Asia=
Africa=
Australia=
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent? Empty Re: Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent?

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 am

North America= Ray Robinson
South America= Carlos Monzon/Eder Jofre
Europe= Bob Fitzimmons/Jimmy Wilde
Asia= Manny Pacquaio/Khoasai Galaxy
Africa= Azumah Nelson
Australia= Kostya Tzsyu/Jeff Fennech

Some were too hard to seperate.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent? Empty Re: Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent?

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:34 am

good choices..in africa ill go with dick tiger as the top guy in asia along with your two choices id add pancho villa and fighting harada..from europe ill add cerdan also to your list.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:44 am

in north america yes robinson of course and ill agree with that but a good arguement can be made for pep and greb..since other continents have a few that you have difficulty seperating and for good reason i feel for sure then myself id put greb and pep on that list just because they were so great that they belong there even though robinson is the best choice..

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:55 am

freak hate to be a bone picker but north & south america are 1 continent.you're right there are 6 but antarctica is 1 you missed.not too many boxers from there lol! not withstanding my choices,subject to change after more thought
north america- SRR
south america- monzon
the americas-SRR
europe-marcel cerdan
asia-manny with honorable mention to fighting harada
africa-dick tiger with hm azumah
australia-les darcy
bob fitzsimmons though born in england lived in new zealand from early age.
he would be the greatest boxer from australia & oceania
little bit of trivia about the last 2 mentioned boxers,both were blacksmiths before boxing became their livliehood.might explain why both could punch above their weight affraid

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:07 am

shakefree awsome choice in les darcy..i completely forgot about him..

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:08 am

Sorry but you are wrong. North and South America are 2 separate continents.

http://library.thinkquest.org/J002719/home.html
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:20 am

freak,you believe what you want.i can give you differing views,but just look up the meaning of the word continent in a dictionary.one question iof north & south america are different continents,where does mexico fit?in the end it's not important to your thread.sorry!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:23 am

thanks dmar,when i was a kid my dad used to talk to me about him,so when i was older i read up & got the video on him.what he achieved at such a young age amazes & saddens me,wondering what he would of achieved if he had lived to old age

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 am

Lol, I even studies it in Geography and anyone that knows anything about Geography knows there are 7 continents and that North and South are separate. Mexico is clearly in North America.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:39 am

freak and therein lies the problem with the 7 continents theory.south america also known as latin america is 1 but mexico,also a latin country is in north america.anyway no more comment on this,you're entitled to your opinion.
p.s please don't insult me by inferring that i know nothing about geography because you remember being taught it as a 12 or 13 year old.cheers scratch

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:51 am

I actually studied it as a senior in high school but got kicked out after I refused to go along with the teacher in that we came from apes.

Latin America has nothing to do with continents and more to do with a race of people. Continents are based on plates underneath the ground.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:54 am

sorry freak for reneging on my word,but the fact you were kicked out of geography over an evolution question adds zero to your argument & in fact probably detracts from it.continents comes from the word continum or continuous...and this is my last word.sorry to distract from your original post freak,was never my intention Like a Star @ heaven

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

Roberto Duran was the best to come from South America.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:29 am

On the off topic about continents, I was always taught 7 as well. Latin America I believe is referred more often in geography as Central America and is part of North America. I believe Panama is the cutoff between the 2 continents.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 am

Ali wrote:Roberto Duran was the best to come from South America.

Duran is from North America as Panama is the last country before South America starts.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 am

i was always under the understanding that America is one continent. A continent is seperated through another by an ocean. North America and South America are one continent in my opinion. you don't have Africa as one continent and then South Africa as another. South Africa is a region of Africa that is joined to the rest of Africa much in the same way as South America is connected to North America. sorry Freak i got to side with Shakefree on this one

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:39 am

freakzilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Roberto Duran was the best to come from South America.

Duran is from North America as Panama is the last country before South America starts.

Damn you're right, I forgot where Panama was located. Still feels wrong to leave Duran out Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:00 pm

dbudge wrote:i was always under the understanding that America is one continent. A continent is seperated through another by an ocean. North America and South America are one continent in my opinion. you don't have Africa as one continent and then South Africa as another. South Africa is a region of Africa that is joined to the rest of Africa much in the same way as South America is connected to North America. sorry Freak i got to side with Shakefree on this one

It has nothing to do with water and is about the plates underneath.

Greatest Ever Boxer From Each Continent? Platesselectfew
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:13 pm

why the disagreement over this and getting away from the topic..geography books maps etc etc say there 2 different continets.so do people who live there.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Les Darcy is undervalued in Australia. Fenech and Tzsyu are always rated as the top 2.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 pm

dbudge wrote:i was always under the understanding that America is one continent. A continent is seperated through another by an ocean. North America and South America are one continent in my opinion. you don't have Africa as one continent and then South Africa as another. South Africa is a region of Africa that is joined to the rest of Africa much in the same way as South America is connected to North America. sorry Freak i got to side with Shakefree on this one

If that is the case, isn't Europe, Asia, and Africa all one continent?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:

your a G, i'm wrong. it's all about Oceanic plates that the land sits on. Freak is right i apologise.............. i hate being wrong Crying or Very sad

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:23 pm

dbudge wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

your a G, i'm wrong. it's all about Oceanic plates that the land sits on. Freak is right i apologise.............. i hate being wrong Crying or Very sad

Let's forget it ever happened and get back to the boxing Very Happy
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Which fighters make your list?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next