The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad vs Chisora on for April 30

+4
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
gomez1012
hardcorebee24
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wlad vs Chisora on for April 30 Empty Wlad vs Chisora on for April 30

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

according to Rafael. Stadium and TV dates couldn't be worked out with Haye before summer.

Back to top Go down

Wlad vs Chisora on for April 30 Empty Re: Wlad vs Chisora on for April 30

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Rafael: Only thing available was 7/2 that matched RTL & Sky. Wlad didnt want to wait 9 months tween fights. Haye didnt want him taking interim

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:44 pm

So do they reneg the supposed Chisora step aside money? Haye is a joke, he's the challenger and has zero platform to make demands. He wants to cashvout and quit at 29 and Wlad wants to stay active. Fuck Haye.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 pm

just dumb...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 pm

an important point: If I understand correctly, K2's TV deal with RTL is set to expire after two more fights. Vitali/Solis and Wlad/Jisora would complete the deal. K2 could then sell a 13 fight to the highest bidder.

As I've said before - I just don't think we'll ever see Wlad vs Haye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Canvas wrote:Rafael: Only thing available was 7/2 that matched RTL & Sky. Wlad didnt want to wait 9 months tween fights. Haye didnt want him taking interim

Rolling Eyes and yet no doubt Haye will get blamed for this.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Porko Rafael is right

Move Khan's fight and make Haye vs Wlad in April
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote:Rafael: Only thing available was 7/2 that matched RTL & Sky. Wlad didnt want to wait 9 months tween fights. Haye didnt want him taking interim

because no doubt it is Haye who refuses to allow an interim fight. What's wrong with staying active? Wlad is willing to fight on July 2, (which is the only date that works for SKY) but he wants to fight in April to avoid ring rust. Wlad is fine with Hype taking an interim fight as well, but the Ducker refuses that.

The world champ doesn't want to be inactive for 10 months. I don't blame him.

Let's see if the mouthy liar can handle the fast-fading Chagaev. Maybe Booth can bribe the disgusting WBA to name 13 "Super champion" so he can avoid the mandatory for his paper title.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:59 pm

LMFAO I knew this shit was not going to happen. What a joke.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Ali you realy are losing credibility with constant defending of Haye. I don't mind you support the guy, but when you basicaly contridict the very stuff you complain and dislike about boxing, you look like a hypocrit.

You give Manny shit for being a diva. Yet Haye is 100 times worse.

You bitch about paper champs, and that's exactly what Haye is.

You dislike when fights are held in small venues in the US when can be held in huge ones in Europe, yet want the fight to be in the UK in front of a smaller audience, when Wlad could get 60-70k people in Germany

You complain about fighters being in-active and not fighting enough, and now your giving Wlad shit for not wanting to be in active for 9 months.

Come on man!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Wlad still says he's taking out both Brits this year

Chisora in April and Haye in July

In this hectic world of social networking and other instant communication, it is rare that a reporter can get the last word directly from a powerful source. Those sources are usually getting blocking that the Patriots could respect from their pr types, handlers, lawyers and other careful handlers.

Contrary to reports that claim Wladimir Klitschko vs. David Haye is off the market, the WBO/IBO/IBF champion confirmed BoxingScene.com's earlier report that a fight with Haye is going to happen on July 2. Klitschko will first defend his title against unbeaten British boxer Dereck Chisora on April 30.

Klitschko, whose brother Vitali also owns a heavyweight title belt, was quick to clear the air as he spoke to myself and fight scribe Sean Sullivan.

"The fight with Haye is not off, the fight is on," Klitschko said, smiling brightly.

"We had to get clearance on a date with Sky TV for pay-per-view in the UK and they were concerned about conflicting with the upcoming Royal Wedding. So the wedding is set for the end of April and we got clearance on a fight date of July 2, for sure."

"I will fight Chisora on an April date, in Germany. Then we will move foreward with Haye."

The Chisora-WKlit title bout, with Wlad's IBO, IBF and WBO belts on the line, will still go on in Mannheim, where it had been originally slated for Dec. 11.

I aksed Klitschko if his relationship with actress Hayden Panatierre and/or his involvement in hyping the debut of boxing sitcom "Lights Out," had him thinking of a post-boxing career under the kleig lights.

"No," Klitschko said, "we have one politician in the family and that's my brother (who ran unsuccessfuly for mayor of Kiev) although I think politics are important to follow, to know about.

"As far as my becoming an actor, I already have a role. My role is as world heavyweight champion."

You might call that role a family business.

When his defense against Chisora was announced in late October, Wladimir said:

“I know that Dereck Chisora is a very dangerous opponent. He’s young, he’s fast and he’s a very hard puncher. My coach, Emanuel Steward, has warned me about Chisora and reminded me about the great Muhammad Ali, who lost his championship in 1978 to Leon Spinks in his eighth professional fight. I definitely will not underestimate Chisora and will prepare myself as intensely as I always do and try to give Chisora no chance. The atmosphere for all of my fights in Mannheim has been great and I will always remember the SAP Arena where I won my second world championship against Chris Byrd. That is one of the highlights of my career.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=34426
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:28 pm

"If the fight doesn't happen now, it never will. I'm done with the Klitschkos. I know I can retire later this year with my head held high, knowing I did everything in my power to make these fights happen.

" - David Haye

...and he found his final way out.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 pm

What is wrong with an interim fight? Why should haye care? There isn't any dates until summer and Wlad will beat Chisora (or whomever) is put in front of him. Why shouldn't Wlad be able to take a stay busy fight? He likes to box. Let him box.

Boxrec has Wlad tentatively scheduled to face Chisora on 4/30 and Haye on 07/02. What is wrong with that??? Not a damn thing.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Haye is looking for a way to retire and not face either Klit. End of story. I love all things UK, but that punk bitch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:35 pm

For once, I can actually say I think Haye is making sense. Do we really think Wlad would fight twice in 9 weeks?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:37 pm

captainanddew wrote:Haye is looking for a way to retire and not face either Klit. End of story. I love all things UK, but that punk bitch.

Agreed. Not about UK hate. I supported Haye originaly because thought he'd add excitment to the division. All done is run his mouth and make even more joke out of the division.

Haye not fit to carry Froch's jockstrap. It's pathetic Haye get's more love from UK media then Froch, who is actualy fighting the best in his division.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:35 pm

can't sell tickets in England due to 'poor economy', cancels fight.........pulls out of fight due to fake injury........pulls out of vitali fight due to 'slave contract', signs equally bad contract for Valuev......goes silent when Wlad is available to 'enjoy his family'......demands 50-50, when he gets that,wants all the UK TV money.......

.....now, even though a date is agreed to is "finished with the Klitschkos" because Wlad wants to take a fight in the interim.

LOL. Is anyone surprised?

BTW- I love Booth going off how they "gave in" to Wlad's "childish, ego" demands to be introduced last and be in the champions corner, as if they have any say in the matter. Just another peak into the delusional minds of Haye and Booth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 pm

im glad wlad is moving foward and will stay active..hard to believe sky cant find a date for a mega million dollar deal in may for example..and the post by canvas about what haye said makes haye the biggest jerk off in the history of boxing.his attitude positions and statements merit not one once of defense as grant rightly points out..
lets see what developes after the april 30th fight.if anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Canvas wrote:can't sell tickets in England due to 'poor economy', cancels fight.........pulls out of fight due to fake injury........pulls out of vitali fight due to 'slave contract', signs equally bad contract for Valuev......goes silent when Wlad is available to 'enjoy his family'......demands 50-50, when he gets that,wants all the UK TV money.......

.....now, even though a date is agreed to is "finished with the Klitschkos" because Wlad wants to take a fight in the interim.

LOL. Is anyone surprised?

BTW- I love Booth going off how they "gave in" to Wlad's "childish, ego" demands to be introduced last and be in the champions corner, as if they have any say in the matter. Just another peak into the delusional minds of Haye and Booth.
...perfect account indeed.why is there no outcry from the british fans..is there any there ....haye can look foward to fighting the hollifield-neilson winner or call out henry cooper.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Ali you realy are losing credibility with constant defending of Haye. I don't mind you support the guy, but when you basicaly contridict the very stuff you complain and dislike about boxing, you look like a hypocrit.

You give Manny shit for being a diva. Yet Haye is 100 times worse.

You bitch about paper champs, and that's exactly what Haye is.

You dislike when fights are held in small venues in the US when can be held in huge ones in Europe, yet want the fight to be in the UK in front of a smaller audience, when Wlad could get 60-70k people in Germany

You complain about fighters being in-active and not fighting enough, and now your giving Wlad shit for not wanting to be in active for 9 months.

Come on man!
Ease up on Ali. I understand where he is coming from. I have defended my local fighter just like he has even though Allan Green has done nothing lately worth cheering. Its just what you do when you are a fan.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Ease up on Ali. I understand where he is coming from. I have defended my local fighter just like he has even though Allan Green has done nothing lately worth cheering. Its just what you do when you are a fan.

Nothing wrong with being a fan. But being delusional fanboy makes one no better then Pactards and Mayweather huggers you all complain about on the ESPN boards.

Does it not?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:08 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Ease up on Ali. I understand where he is coming from. I have defended my local fighter just like he has even though Allan Green has done nothing lately worth cheering. Its just what you do when you are a fan.

Nothing wrong with being a fan. But being delusional fanboy makes one no better then Pactards and Mayweather huggers you all complain about on the ESPN boards.

Does it not?
No they are fair weather fans. We are the true fans. We stand by our favorite fighter through the good and the bad. Come on Grant you should understand you like me are a raider fan.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:13 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
No they are fair weather fans. We are the true fans. We stand by our favorite fighter through the good and the bad. Come on Grant you should understand you like me are a raider fan.

I understand that. I supported Haye, but he's turned out to be a royal chump. I can't blindly defend that. Nor should anyone.

I don't even like the Klits, and here I am defending them.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 am

Canvas wrote:
Ali wrote:

because no doubt it is Haye who refuses to allow an interim fight. What's wrong with staying active? Wlad is willing to fight on July 2, (which is the only date that works for SKY) but he wants to fight in April to avoid ring rust. Wlad is fine with Hype taking an interim fight as well, but the Ducker refuses that.

The world champ doesn't want to be inactive for 10 months. I don't blame him.

Let's see if the mouthy liar can handle the fast-fading Chagaev. Maybe Booth can bribe the disgusting WBA to name 13 "Super champion" so he can avoid the mandatory for his paper title.

Why should Haye allow Wlad to take an interim fight against an opponent who hasn't even fought at European level yet ? this is the only fight in the division that means anything and Wladimir would rather waste time facing Chisora than go straight into the fight.

The Heavyweight division is dead.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:26 am

Ali wrote:
Why should Haye allow Wlad to take an interim fight against an opponent who hasn't even fought at European level yet ? this is the only fight in the division that means anything and Wladimir would rather waste time facing Chisora than go straight into the fight.

The Heavyweight division is dead.
Wlad vs Chisora on for April 30 3198011347_6edca1f8df
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next