The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC signs deal with Ion to broadcast prelims

2 posters

Go down

UFC signs deal with Ion to broadcast prelims Empty UFC signs deal with Ion to broadcast prelims

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:06 am

Spike TV’s at end of their contract with UFC, and I guess UFC moving “UFC 125 Prelims” to Ion.

This is a very stupid move by White if he actualy moves UFC from Spike to some abscure chanel nobody ever heard of.

Spike caters to their demographic. Ion may be slightly more available in more homes, but nobody watches it.

This is like Bellator signing three year deal to MTV2. Sure, MTV2 is available in 90 million homes. Doesn't mean anyone watches it. In fact, read highest ratings network ever gotten was less then million viewers.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21893/dana-white-defends-ufcs-ion-television-deal-says-future-plans-uncertain.mma
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

UFC signs deal with Ion to broadcast prelims Empty Re: UFC signs deal with Ion to broadcast prelims

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 am

Is this a permanent deal or just for pre lims ? The UFC also does shows for Versus.

I actually like Bellator going to MTV2, I think it's a very smart decision.

Back to top Go down

UFC signs deal with Ion to broadcast prelims Empty Re: UFC signs deal with Ion to broadcast prelims

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:38 am

Ali wrote:Is this a permanent deal or just for pre lims ? The UFC also does shows for Versus.

Don't know yet. But Spike airs the Prelims. IF your into UFC, better hope this just Dana playing the feild to get better deal with Spike.

And no, it was a very stupid decision to have Bellator on MTV2. Might as well be on ESPN The Ocho. Nobody watches MTV2. So the only way anyone going to hear about the fights is by word of mouth. MTV2 can advertise it all they want to their less then million viewers that actualy watch the station.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Is this a permanent deal or just for pre lims ? The UFC also does shows for Versus.

Don't know yet. But Spike airs the Prelims. IF your into UFC, better hope this just Dana playing the feild to get better deal with Spike.

And no, it was a very stupid decision to have Bellator on MTV2. Might as well be on ESPN The Ocho. Nobody watches MTV2. So the only way anyone going to hear about the fights is by word of mouth. MTV2 can advertise it all they want to their less then million viewers that actualy watch the station.

Think about the demographic that watches MMA right now, it's young adult males.

I'd be surprised if Zuffa left Spike for ION, this is probably just to make sure Pre Lims always have a network. If the UFC was too leave Spike it would be for a big network or some major cable channel.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:42 am

Ali, nobody watches MTV2. It averages a 0.1 rating.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Dana is an idiot if he does this.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:01 am

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:49 am

What's with my the text on my OP! Did you do that Ali?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:57 am

GrantZilla wrote:What's with my the text on my OP! Did you do that Ali?

Yeah I scored it out in case people thought the UFC was leaving Spike completely.

I've changed it back after reading what you wrote.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:10 am

Com on man, your way too trigger happy. We don't got morons on here
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down