The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old School Fight Metric : Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2

2 posters

Go down

Old School Fight Metric : Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2 Empty Old School Fight Metric : Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2

Post  bird Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Ok I just watched the Gracie vs Shamrock rematch at UFC 5 and decided Im gonna do my version of Fight Metric and count punches, kicks, sub attempts and what not. So here it is, The Birds Official (but unofficial) Fight Metric for Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie rematch at UFC 5.

Royce Gracie

Standing Strikes : landed no punches threw 4
Standing Kicks : 3 of 9
Strikes from Top Position : 0 of 0
Strikes from the Bottom : 28 punches, 35 palm strikes = 63 strikes
Thigh Kicks fro the Bottom : 111 kidney kicks from Royce Gracie working off his back
Sub Attempts : Royce tried 8 Gi chokes and none of them were a serious threat
Take Downs : 0
Dominant Position : 0

Total Strikes Standing : 66, 111 Kidney kicks (alot didnt have much on them not sure how much they hurt)
Sub Attempts : 8 (none serious)
Take Downs : 0

Ken Shamrock

Standing Strikes : 2 of 3
Strikes from Top Position : 43 punches landed 5 knees, 5 palm slaps = 53 strikes
Head Butts : 60 Head Butts , no bullshit, he missed about 10 more
Submission Attempts : 1 cross face choke attempt
Dominant Position : 1, When he attempted the cross face
Take Downs : 2

Total Strikes Landed : 115 strikes
Submission Attempts : 1, not very serious
Take Downs : 2

bird

Back to top Go down

Old School Fight Metric : Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2 Empty Re: Old School Fight Metric : Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2

Post  freakzilla Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 pm

I was so pissed the first time I watched this fight. I thought Shamrock dominated and it shouldn't have been a draw.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Old School Fight Metric : Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2 Empty Re: Old School Fight Metric : Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 2

Post  bird Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:53 am

completely agree freak, its hard to imagine a org having a fight and no JUDGES, too make matters worse they had no judges at UFC 6 and Ken had another "draw" when he obviously won

the other thing that goes unmentioned in this fight, the fight was over at 31 minutes (Big John let me go extra minute), Big John stands them up and on the fly says Ima ask them if they want 5 more minutes each.

Alot of people who dont know what the fuck they are talking about says Ken played it safe and went for a draw

when in reality he said yes I want 5 more minutes, came out busted up Gracie, in fact broke his orbital bone, and dominated the OT. He won that fhgt and it wasnt close

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 am

It wasn't close at all. Gracie was the 1 that held on for the draw.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:27 am

Gracie really never tried anything other than heel strikes and a gi choke which he never came close to landing.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down