The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denis Lebedev's performance against Huck has won him a place in the Cruiserweight Super Six

5 posters

Go down

Denis Lebedev's performance against Huck has won him a place in the Cruiserweight Super Six Empty Denis Lebedev's performance against Huck has won him a place in the Cruiserweight Super Six

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Promoter Wilfried Sauerland is still planning to create a cruiserweight version of the Super Six Boxing Classic. His company, Sauerland Event, was the driving force behind the ongoing Super Six tournament involving the super middleweights on Showtime. Sauerland's company has the majority of the top cruisers under contract in one form or another. They are waiting for everyone to finish their mandatory obligations before putting the tournament together.

One boxer who recently impressed Sauerland was Russian cruiserweight puncher Denis Lebedev. Sauerland's star Marco Huck retained his WBO title with a close split decision over Lebedev on Saturday. Even in defeat, Lebedev may still win a prize. Sauerland is going to invite him to be a part of the cruiserweight Super Six.

The main players expected for the tournament are Marco Huck, Krzysztof Wlodarczyk, Steve Cunningham, Yoan Pablo Hernandez and either Steven Herelius or Guillermo Jones. Lebedev would become the sixth man. One of the participants could possibly change if one of the champions is upset in the coming months. The tournament would have all four of the major champions involved. Sauerland hopes to crown a sole unified champion in the final match.

"We have decided to postpone the tournament until all of the mandatory defenses are finished. Hook just had his with Lebedev. In January, Steve Cunningham will defend his IBF belt. We hope that in February or March, Yoan Pablo Hernandez will meet with current WBA champion Guillermo Jones or interim-champion Steven Herelius. On April 2, WBC champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk will face Francisco Palacios. When all of these defenses are held, we will make a decision on the best boxers to be involved in the tournament. We are likely going to invite Denis Lebedev to participate in it. He is without question among the six best boxers [at cruiserweight]," Sauerland told Alexander Pavlov.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34040

Back to top Go down

Denis Lebedev's performance against Huck has won him a place in the Cruiserweight Super Six Empty Re: Denis Lebedev's performance against Huck has won him a place in the Cruiserweight Super Six

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:42 pm

oh that's a nice consolation from Sauerland after they robbed Lebedev of Huck's version of the title. Huck was awful and the Dutch and Spanish judge gave the fight 115-113 to Huck with Lebedev getting the nod 116-112 from the US judge. Huck got the Sauerland Decision, it's becoming a common theme in Germany. Lebedev isn't a bad little fighter, he's accurate, he controls distance well, fights well from range, has decent power, moves well, good head movement, sharp body punching. Huck was avoiding engaging and doing little to stop Lebedev's pressure. i agree that it was a clear cut decision of 116-112 with Lebedev controlling the pace of the fight and landed more cleaner, effective shots.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Denis Lebedev's performance against Huck has won him a place in the Cruiserweight Super Six Empty Re: Denis Lebedev's performance against Huck has won him a place in the Cruiserweight Super Six

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:47 pm

I give credit to Huck for making it a close fight with a cracked rib.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Ali wrote:I give credit to Huck for making it a close fight with a cracked rib.

you believe that?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 pm

dbudge wrote:

you believe that?

I don't see why Huck would make up an injury like that.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:08 pm

my only problem with that excuse is that huck just isnt that great of fighter so the outcome didnt surprise me. i dont think that he would win even without a hurt rib or whatever.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:

you believe that?

I don't see why Huck would make up an injury like that.

I am cynical at this point Ali. fighter wins but probably would have lost if not in his hometown, then he claims there was an injury.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:51 pm

that tournament is worth watching. I hope they improve upon the super middle version we have seen.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 pm

the Super 6 at 168 is taking forever to conclude...

the Super 6 at cruiser is taking forever to get started

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Canvas wrote:the Super 6 at 168 is taking forever to conclude...

the Super 6 at cruiser is taking forever to get started

Saurland are just trying to get mandatories out of the way first.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Hopefully USS Cunningham can clean up this mess What a Face

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Groundhog wrote:Hopefully USS Cunningham can clean up this mess What a Face
lol I think the guy is fading about now, Ross was working him until the cut. Ross is probably one of the best guys in the division, suck that hes being left out. This tourney should be real tough and competative. Im going be watching.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down