The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE ON FLOYD

5 posters

Go down

UPDATE ON FLOYD Empty UPDATE ON FLOYD

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:53 pm

on msns home page a few minutes ago it said floyd has been released without any bail..advise id give to floyd is take this stuff serious.dont mess up again.

Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON FLOYD Empty Re: UPDATE ON FLOYD

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:54 pm

I figured they'd cut him loose. It was a minor offence.

But big picture is, this stuff realy going to not help him with his felony charges. DA is out for blood now.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:00 pm

county jail is overcrowded

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 pm

I had so hoped his Prima donna punk-ass would have stayed in lockup this weekend. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:47 pm

dmar5143 wrote:on msns home page a few minutes ago it said floyd has been released without any bail..advise id give to floyd is take this stuff serious.dont mess up again.
good advice
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:01 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:on msns home page a few minutes ago it said floyd has been released without any bail..advise id give to floyd is take this stuff serious.dont mess up again.
good advice
He won't learn. He may even commit another crime between now and the time he's due in court.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:46 pm

I cannot express how much this whole thing bums me out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:54 pm

We must have a 24/7 series covering Flod's stint in jail.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Ali wrote:We must have a 24/7 series covering Flod's stint in jail.
That could be 25 years.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:56 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I cannot express how much this whole thing bums me out.
you and me both. ive never been a floyd hater at all and it never makes me happy to see anybody go down the wrong path.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:04 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
you and me both. ive never been a floyd hater at all and it never makes me happy to see anybody go down the wrong path.

The guy has infuriated me in the past but the guy is a freaking boxing treasure and it KILLS me he seems to be throwing his life away. He has given me too many wonderful moments for me to wish him ill.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

The guy has infuriated me in the past but the guy is a freaking boxing treasure and it KILLS me he seems to be throwing his life away. He has given me too many wonderful moments for me to wish him ill.

No offense Marble, I think you're the greatest man, but Mayweather Jr. worshipping make me ill. Sorry, but I must have missed all those wonderful moments, but then I don't care anything about watching the crumbs this clown throws boxing fans every year or so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:08 am

Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

No offense Marble, I think you're the greatest man, but Mayweather Jr. worshipping make me ill. Sorry, but I must have missed all those wonderful moments, but then I don't care anything about watching the crumbs this clown throws boxing fans every year or so.

What he did to Chico was startling to me. What he did on his entire 130 run was exemplary. His second fight with the formidable JL Castillo was an excellent performance. Just my view. I think I'm recognizing what he's done rather than worshipping him, but to each his own. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:57 am

What he did to Chico was startling to me. What he did on his entire 130 run was exemplary. His second fight with the formidable JL Castillo was an excellent performance. Just my view. I think I'm recognizing what he's done rather than worshipping him, but to each his own.

I've never really had any interest in Mayweather Jr., and although i'm a big fan of boxing, I don't even recall watching his fights with Castillo or Corrales until I saw parts of them on youtube a few years ago. That should tell you how much i've followed this clown's career.
I guess I have a different view of the parts of boxing that entertain me, I'll take 1 Hop-Tito, Hagler-Hearns, Martinez-Williams II, Pac-Margo, Duran-Leonard, Donaire-Vic, Pavlik-Taylor I, et al, over 10 of Floyd Jr's "performances".

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:09 am

Ring wrote:

What he did to Chico was startling to me. What he did on his entire 130 run was exemplary. His second fight with the formidable JL Castillo was an excellent performance. Just my view. I think I'm recognizing what he's done rather than worshipping him, but to each his own.

I've never really had any interest in Mayweather Jr., and although i'm a big fan of boxing, I don't even recall watching his fights with Castillo or Corrales until I saw parts of them on youtube a few years ago. That should tell you how much i've followed this clown's career.
I guess I have a different view of the parts of boxing that entertain me, I'll take 1 Hop-Tito, Hagler-Hearns, Martinez-Williams II, Pac-Margo, Duran-Leonard, Donaire-Vic, Pavlik-Taylor I, et al, over 10 of Floyd Jr's "performances".
so you have been a mayweather hater since the beginning of his career? thats alright i guess. everybody has their own personal preference. i remember the first time i saw him fight and i was in awe of how good he was. he was really good. he has never ceased to amaze me so far in or out of the ring (for different reasons obviously).
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:38 am

i dont believe im a floyd hater cause i do recognize his great talent but i cant stand the guy.ill root against him every time..a funny thing about floyd is that i used to follow his uncle and father threw the ring mag results and at times get them confushed ..roger won a few titles and was a pretty good fighter...i stoped buying ring but years later i started to read about floyd jr and his success.my first thought was DAM that guys still fighting after all these years and winning...lol i never noticed the jr i guess.soo when i first saw floyd fight then it dawned on me that hes the son and nephew and i thought hes as good as his uncle..now i hate all 3..soo i guess im a mild hater at least.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:53 am

Very simply, Floyd Mayweather is a great fighter but a lousy human being.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:16 am

as a lifetime boxing fan i do admire and give credit to floyds talent in the ring.hes a special fighter.he has avoided many a fighter and every boxing expert and knowledgeable boxing fan outside of the floyd huggers know and realize that.his inactivity the past 5 or so years also is a shortcoming that frustrates any real boxing fan.i think some of the things hes given credit for are vastly overated..example is that puny sholder roll.ive sceen many use it far more effective combining it with another movement or angle .his defense is excellent and great but i wont go as far as some huggers saying the best ever.nope.or the top 5 ever.nope.
it is though amoung the elite..his footwork handspeed and counterpunching abilty and ring intelligence balance defense as a combination surely also is amoung the elite.thats what makes him a special fighter ..
the self p-roclaimed greatest of all time..thats a joke and hes far from that and a top ten of all time for sure.a ATG absolutely..a top 100 fighter.of course..look who knows how many fighters there have been in history..noo one.100 000 plus for sure..more maybe..to make the top 100 is ackowleging greatness..
the problem with floyd is that he at this stage of his career can NEVER undoo what should of been..some great fighters blew out the competion in there era.totaly dominated.the one problem they faced and its not there fault is some fought in a era where the competion was not the highest or they were sooo good they made it look that way..this is not floyds case..he like other greats fought in a era where the competion was very good or some eras truly great..the differnce is other greats fought them all and more then once and often avoiding hardly anyone..floyd didnt come close to attemting or doing that.for ever top fighter he fought or whats percieved as a good fighter theres at least one name for each fighter he fought that he avoided..huggers CANNOT accept that.it sticks in there throats..
does that mean floyds not a special fighter..nope he sure is..does it mean hes a very very special fighter..nope hes not...thats reserved for the robinsons peps grebs moores charles alis etc etc..
in concltion in floyd we have truly a great one.its also a case of what maybe could of been or what may of been instead of what we realy have..that we will never know for the very very greats tested themselves often and routine..floyd did not and it was HIS chozing and no amount of excuses will alter that fact..one win over a pac will not erase that fact..sorry..i hope i made my stance on floyd in my eyes clear..

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 am

good post dmar. i agree pretty much 100% with your post. i think that mayweather fought some good solid fighters and has dominated during his career but he should have done more than he did. he is an ATG but not a top 10 fighter at all. being an ATG is still a really good accomplishment though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

thanks powerpuncher.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:36 am

what's really really bothers me as well is the waste of talent. it's a bit similar to a guy called George Best who was a footballer (soccer player). he had all the talent in the world, got named as the best player in the World and then pissed it all up the wall. he ended up dying a lot younger than he perhaps should've, after multiple surgeries including a liver transplant, with big question marks over to how great he really could have been. i see Floyd's situation as similar because he will still be remembered as one of the most talented fighters but we'll all be left to wonder what if he really applied himself. It's sad more than anything. i'm actually a big Floyd (the fighter) fan, it is magical seeing him at work but it's been very frustrating when he doesn't fight and it's all his own fault.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 pm

so you have been a mayweather hater since the beginning of his career? thats alright i guess. everybody has their own personal preference. i remember the first time i saw him fight and i was in awe of how good he was. he was really good. he has never ceased to amaze me so far in or out of the ring (for different reasons obviously).

Not hate, Puncher, I just never had any interest in his fights, like I said, I don't recall even watching his fights with Castillo or Corrales. It might be because, for a long time, Floyd Jr. couldn't draw flies to his fights, if i'm not mistaken his first pay-per-view wasn't until 2005 against Arturo Gatti, and the PPV had a lot to do with Gatti being a popular fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:17 pm

dbudge wrote:what's really really bothers me as well is the waste of talent. it's a bit similar to a guy called George Best who was a footballer (soccer player). he had all the talent in the world, got named as the best player in the World and then pissed it all up the wall. he ended up dying a lot younger than he perhaps should've, after multiple surgeries including a liver transplant, with big question marks over to how great he really could have been. i see Floyd's situation as similar because he will still be remembered as one of the most talented fighters but we'll all be left to wonder what if he really applied himself. It's sad more than anything. i'm actually a big Floyd (the fighter) fan, it is magical seeing him at work but it's been very frustrating when he doesn't fight and it's all his own fault.
i think that his problems was that he really applied himself for his fights. he is a type of fighter that gets in top condition for his fights and works really hard for them and also stays in great shape in between fights but he didnt apply himself to become the best fighter ever (like he claims himself to be) because he didnt take all of the necessary risks that he could have.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down