The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather to be arrested...DA after him

+2
gomez1012
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Mayweather to be arrested...DA after him Empty Mayweather to be arrested...DA after him

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm

The champion boxer and frequent visitor to the jail will have to surrender for booking in a week-old criminal case, a judge ruled after prosecutors suggested Mayweather was being given special treatment.

They said state law was skirted when the boxer's most recent criminal case -- a misdemeanor battery charge on allegations he repeatedly poked a Southern Highlands security officer in the face -- did not result in handcuffs on Mayweather's wrists.

On Wednesday, Assistant District Attorney Chris Owens asked Justice of the Peace Tony Abbatangelo to "follow the law in regard to the booking process ... it seems like that part was circumvented somehow."

On Wednesday, Assistant District Attorney Chris Owens asked Justice of the Peace Tony Abbatangelo to "follow the law in regard to the booking process ... it seems like that part was circumvented somehow."

"We're asking that the warrant be reinstated for the purpose of processing the defendant through the detention center," Owens said.

The prosecutor noted that by law a warrant must be executed by the arrest of a defendant, which was not the case for Mayweather.

Abbatangelo said he would follow the law and set a status check for Tuesday, when lawyers will determine when Mayweather, who is out of town, will return for a "walk-through" arrest at the jail.

The charge could lead another justice of the peace to revoke Mayweather's bail on pending felony charges stemming from a Sept. 9 domestic violence incident involving his three children and their mother, Josie Harris.

Mayweather, who is facing several felony charges, including felony coercion, grand larceny and robbery, is free on $31,000 bail in that case.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/in-latest-round-boxer-faces-arrest-111987499.html
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Mayweather to be arrested...DA after him Empty Re: Mayweather to be arrested...DA after him

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Arrested for how long?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Mayweather to be arrested...DA after him Empty Re: Mayweather to be arrested...DA after him

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:14 pm

It'll be a walk-through arrest. Just booking him for secrity guard incident.

However, this incident and one where being accused of trying to hit the guy his goons shot at with his car could cause his felony charge bail to be revoked. Meaning, he goes to jail until trial.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:It'll be a walk-through arrest. Just booking him for secrity guard incident.

However, this incident and one where being accused of trying to hit the guy his goons shot at with his car could cause his felony charge bail to be revoked. Meaning, he goes to jail until trial.

He sure seems to be trying to go to jail. Floyd's gotta get his shit together or he'll poke the wrong guy and end up dead in a few years. Who knows when/if we'll ever see him in the ring again.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:39 pm

There is no question he is going to jail. DA is after him. He's got felony charges, this security guard incident, and incident of him trying to run over the guy his goons shot at last year.

The question will be how long he goes to jail. I bet no less then 1 year.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:57 pm

I've stated this before. Ok, Floyd calls himself "Money Mayweather." However, he's lived his life so that, instead of being in a 3 story mansion, he'll be in a 2 by 9 cell running from "Bubba the ass happy freak." The term "Idiot" will not suffice in this case and frankly, I've run out of descriptions for Mayweather. It seems as though he's trying to destroy himself and at this point, I have to question his sanity. Even if he just gets a year, I have to imagine that (a) A year in the joint seems like 3 on the outside. (b) As a speedster, even a year can be critical to his boxing career.

I just don't understand what the fuck this guy is doing.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Too much money and status went to his head. He's got the "do you know who I am" mentality and thinks he can get away with it. For most part he has, but the shit now hit the fan.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Too much money and status went to his head. He's got the "do you know who I am" mentality and thinks he can get away with it. For most part he has, but the shit now hit the fan.
Maybe you're right, Grant. Maybe you're right. But as I pointed out before, he's not Paris Hilton coming in with a coke problem and a 100 million dollar lawyer. He'll be seen as a threat to society.

I know that it seems that I hate MW. I don't know Floyd, and I doubt I'd even dislike him if we met. However, somebody may hate Floyd more than anyone and that's the man himself.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Tobe wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:It'll be a walk-through arrest. Just booking him for secrity guard incident.

He sure seems to be trying to go to jail. Floyd's gotta get his shit together or he'll poke the wrong guy and end up dead in a few years. Who knows when/if we'll ever see him in the ring again.
I think soon the wrong guy will be Poking him. Twisted Evil
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:32 pm

BUBBA slapping Mayweather on the butt, "How's that ass feel!"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:43 pm

This arrest is just to bring Flomo to reality, everyone here would of been cuffed up for these actions immediatly.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down