The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

maravilla looking at a march return in germany

+4
GrantZilla
Groundhog
flapanther2001
Rum Capital
8 posters

Go down

maravilla looking at a march return in germany Empty maravilla looking at a march return in germany

Post  Rum Capital Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 am

against zbik
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33829
zbik a wanted man. there reports that if golovkin wins this weekend szbik and golovkin could fight eachother.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

maravilla looking at a march return in germany Empty Re: maravilla looking at a march return in germany

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 am

Martinez wants Cotto? I think he's too much for Cotto. How good is Zbik? He doesn't have much of a resume'.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

maravilla looking at a march return in germany Empty Re: maravilla looking at a march return in germany

Post  Groundhog Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:06 am

At first I stupidly thought when I read the title that a German fight might be with Sturm, but then I realized that the last time Sturm stepped up in competition was when he beat up the schoolyard bully for taking his lunch money.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 am

Rum Capital wrote:against zbik
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33829
zbik a wanted man. there reports that if golovkin wins this weekend szbik and golovkin could fight eachother.

Golovkin is actually a pretty scary dude. I'd love to see him fight Martinez in the future. What about Pirog? Fuck "it's too early" goddamnit just gimme the good fights.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:30 am

the time clock is ticking for sergio and he realizes that.good for him that he just wants to fight..a contender says yes then its a done deal.germany is a place where boxing has taken off in popularity..its a shame the real middleweight champ has to look for a fight.contenders should be lining up to fight for the real title.that says something about this era.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 am

We're in a era of boxing where instead of "I could've been a contender" it's "I could've been a titalist"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

dmar5143 wrote:the time clock is ticking for sergio and he realizes that.good for him that he just wants to fight..a contender says yes then its a done deal.germany is a place where boxing has taken off in popularity..its a shame the real middleweight champ has to look for a fight.contenders should be lining up to fight for the real title.that says something about this era.

It's not the only era where champions have had to travel. This is exactly what I want Sergio to do. Go after good fighters in his own division. He is the truest champion in the sport.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 pm

gumby its not the travel at all.its been done for over 100 years its that martinez actualy has to beg a contender to fight for the real title thats puzzleing.williams had to be asked several times.martinez is a true chip off the old block..he deserves credit and a few more paydays..its a shame 3 or 4 contenders arent knocking on his door.its the other way around.sergios knocking on there door..thats rare for a champ to do that..

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:04 pm

dmar5143 wrote:gumby its not the travel at all.its been done for over 100 years its that martinez actualy has to beg a contender to fight for the real title thats puzzleing.williams had to be asked several times.martinez is a true chip off the old block..he deserves credit and a few more paydays..its a shame 3 or 4 contenders arent knocking on his door.its the other way around.sergios knocking on there door..thats rare for a champ to do that..

True. I'm just happy that he's doing it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Im glad to see HBO wants to telelvise his fights now. I think I heared Cotto may be but in the undercard against Vanes and if they both win, you got yourself a big money fight Martinez-Cotto. Cotto is probably overmatched, but he will put up a fight. I agree with Cotto, he doesnt need to fight Margarito again! Let him give Middleweight a chance to become a 4 divisional champ. This is just as big as oppertunity for Martinez as is for Cotto.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:11 pm

He's defending a MW strap he likes against a undefeated MW challenger

I dont mind it, at least he'll get treated like a star out there

Big entrance, big crowd, and a good purse
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Nice, it's about time WORLD champions fought around the world.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:38 pm

gomez1012 wrote:He's defending a MW strap he likes against a undefeated MW challenger

I dont mind it, at least he'll get treated like a star out there

Big entrance, big crowd, and a good purse

Ali wrote:Nice, it's about time WORLD champions fought around the world.

+1 for each
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Does anyone think HBO will make it a double header with Cotto vs Vanes ??

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Ali wrote:Does anyone think HBO will make it a double header with Cotto vs Vanes ??

More than likely three different promoters involved here with Universum, DiBella and Top Rank (four if you include HBO). Three different promoters make it much more difficult.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Ali wrote:Does anyone think HBO will make it a double header with Cotto vs Vanes ??

Split site double header would be nice

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan

• Here's a rundown of the dates HBO has tentatively planned for the first quarter of 2011: January 29 (Devon Alexander-Timothy Bradley Jr. on "World Championship Boxing"); February 19 (Fernando Montiel-Nonito Donaire and Mike Jones-Jesus Soto-Karass II on "Boxing After Dark"); February 26 (WCB doubleheader, fights TBA), March 5 (doubleheader TBA); and March 12 (doubleheader TBA). It's not set, but March 12 is the target date for the return of middleweight champ Sergio Martinez, who is expected at Saturday's fight.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down