The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather vs Canelo worth the bang for your buck?

+3
captainanddew
powerpuncher
Diego408
7 posters

Go down

Mayweather vs Canelo worth the bang for your buck? Empty Mayweather vs Canelo worth the bang for your buck?

Post  Diego408 Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Mayweather vs Canelo. You have the best Welterweight vs the best super welterweight. These guys are the biggest star athletes in their own countries.

Lara vs Trout, you have both guys that might be #2 and #3 best jr Middleweights in the world. Lara and Trout went to war in their last fights. Angulo vs Trout has been my 2nd favorite fight behind Bradley vs Prov. Trout vs Canelo was a fun fight too.

Matthysse vs Garcia, I'll be surprised if this fight went to the cards. It could be a war for as long as it lasts. Matthysse is kind of a hardcore boxing fan favorite over the past year. This is probably one of the more anticipated fights this year.

What should the 4th fight be?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Canelo worth the bang for your buck? Empty Re: Mayweather vs Canelo worth the bang for your buck?

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:35 am

i didnt know that lara vs trout was on the card. if it is, thats a really nice looking card. i know that they were talking about ishe vs molina which wouldnt be too exciting of a fight but its an alright opening fight. i wouldnt mind it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Canelo worth the bang for your buck? Empty Re: Mayweather vs Canelo worth the bang for your buck?

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:43 pm

not sure about lara vs trout. Putting two counterpunching southpaws against each other isn't a recipe for fun. Can see a lot of both playing keep away.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 pm

I'm looking more forward to Garcia vs lm than the main event. That fight is going to be awesome.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:27 am

Im sorry guys Trout vs Lara is not set in stone to be on the undercard, but its one of the match up discussed to be on the card. Boxrec has already listed the fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Diego408 wrote:Im sorry guys Trout vs Lara is not set in stone to be on the undercard, but its one of the match up discussed to be on the card. Boxrec has already listed the fight.
i hope they stack that card. Make one ppv worth the money. Hell throw in another Mexican brawler on the card.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:26 pm

the card is strong already.lm vs Garcia is a bonus.the Floyd-alvarez fight is a rare one that needs no help.that fight alone will do huge business.the ishe Molina is a non deserving shit fight that deserves no big time exposure.a good third fight will make the card fantastic.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 pm

dmar5143 wrote:the card is strong already.lm vs Garcia is a bonus.the Floyd-alvarez fight is a rare one that needs no help.that fight alone will do huge business.the ishe Molina is a non deserving shit fight that deserves no big time exposure.a good third fight will make the card fantastic.
where are the good ole don king super cards at?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:08 am

dmar5143 wrote:the card is strong already.lm vs Garcia is a bonus.the Floyd-alvarez fight is a rare one that needs no help.that fight alone will do huge business.the ishe Molina is a non deserving shit fight that deserves no big time exposure.a good third fight will make the card fantastic.
the ishe-molina fight is definitely not worse than a lot of undercards on PPVs. usually the first fight is an up and coming person against a nobody. at least those 2 are at least named fighters. as a first fight of a PPV, i say that its a solid fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:10 am

well ishe is on TMT so hes probably getting on. LM-Garcia, and Lara-Trout makes this a fantastic card.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:56 pm

I like Trout and Lara as fighters. Against each other? Not so much. LM/Garcia is a great 2nd fight. If they had made that a Showtime Championship Boxing, it could have been a big event in itself (they would have built a long card around it like Garcia/Judah, where they had 3 fights on Showtime extreme and I think 3 fights on regular Showtime).

I love what Showtime has done. showtime extreme-who usually has 2 prospect fights like one of the Charlo twins (shobox level guys), and then a veteran guy like Sakio Bika, really makes their cards seem like a PPV. 2-3 fights on show extreme and 2-3 fights on showtime and I feel much better about paying for the channel. Yes, you can have some duds, but when you put on 5-6 fights, the likelihood of seeing something memorable rises.

I don't know why Showtime and HBO didn't start this sort of thing a while ago. It isn't as if they need to show rerun movies on Sho Extreme or HBO 2 (or latino or a number of HBO channels). Show the Shobox or borderline HBO bad level guys on the secondary channel so that when the guy eventually starts fight on the main channel (if he does) then you have seen him 4 or 5 times. Builds the brand among hardcore fans. Hell-if the Charlo twins make it to regular showtime, then by that time, I may actually be able to tell them apart.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I'm looking more forward to Garcia vs lm than the main event. That fight is going to be awesome.

Absolutely what this guy said.

That is going to be a battle. It will be interesting to see if Garcia has the boxing skills to avoid Lucas big punches, it will also be interesting to see if Lucas can take a full blooded left hook from swift. This could be the fight of the year in my opinion and it will establish who the legitimate and proven number 1 at light-welter as well as Mayweather's next dance partner, assuming he gets by Canelo... Which I am assuming by the way

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:48 am

BoxingGenius wrote:well ishe is on TMT so hes probably getting on.  LM-Garcia, and Lara-Trout makes this a fantastic card.
i read that the lara-trout fight is all rumor. thats alright. its a good fight but i doubt it would be overly exciting. hopefully they replace it with another solid fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 pm

if this isnt worth your money, idk what would be, even with just the 2 fights its an awesome card

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down