The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KAHN WINS CLOSE ONE.

5 posters

Go down

KAHN WINS CLOSE ONE. Empty KAHN WINS CLOSE ONE.

Post  dmar5143 Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:21 pm

I had it 115-113..judges had it 114-113 115-113 115-112.kahn fought brillently.moving in different directions using hand speed a fast jab .his defence improved a bit.he no loger lunges after throwing the right.not once.diaz footwork was fast somewhat.he decked kahn in the forth round and hurt him in the 11th.kahn fought a intelligent fight sticking to hunters game plan.
the only knock on kahn is that he needs to slip punches with his head and ducking under shots.none the less kahn improved under hunter but against top 140 or 147 guys he needs to slip punches or there potential problems.outside that he looked very good.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

KAHN WINS CLOSE ONE. Empty Re: KAHN WINS CLOSE ONE.

Post  powerpuncher Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:57 am

on my dvr the fight got cut off after the 8th so i missed the last few rounds. khan looked about normal. i feel like khan is going to turn into a zab like fighter. he is slowly going to stop being the guy we are wondering who he is fighting next. he will be the gate keeper/dangerous opponent that young fighters will get respect for beating.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:52 am

Khan once again had to hang on for the win through multiple crisis situations.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 am

kahn wasn't lunging, but he also had a few spots where his hands were not up and/or his chin is too damn high.

He was life and death with Julio Diaz.

Kahn better not face Lucas Matthyse. He'll destroy him.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat May 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Watching Khan and Zab fight on the same night finally made me realized how similar they are. Guys with all the physical tools, who have bad mental lapses throughout fights that their weak chins don't forgive if they can't dominate an opponent.

Unlike Zab, Khan has always shown heart and even though he went life and death, I think he's looked better under Hunter than Roach and is being brought along similarly to how Andre Ward was. It wasn't until after the Super Six that people looked at Ward as an elite fighter.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum