hopkins is ridiculous

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hopkins is ridiculous

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:01 am

at 48 years old he is still at a world class level. he still has good speed which is crazy for his age. not that im saying that cloud is the best fighter, but he is legit and hopkins beat him easily. the surprising thing was that hopkins didnt even fight dirty. it was a clean fight and hopkins just won.

winning a trinket isnt as big of a deal to me as his abilities in general at this age. i cant think of anybody in any sport (meaning a physical sport, not golf) that has been able to still be so good at the age of 48. even at the age of 40 most people already long gone from their sport. like him or not, what he has done at his age is amazing.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Re: hopkins is ridiculous

Post  flapanther2001 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 am

powerpuncher wrote:at 48 years old he is still at a world class level. he still has good speed which is crazy for his age. not that im saying that cloud is the best fighter, but he is legit and hopkins beat him easily. the surprising thing was that hopkins didnt even fight dirty. it was a clean fight and hopkins just won.

winning a trinket isnt as big of a deal to me as his abilities in general at this age. i cant think of anybody in any sport (meaning a physical sport, not golf) that has been able to still be so good at the age of 48. even at the age of 40 most people already long gone from their sport. like him or not, what he has done at his age is amazing.
Yup...
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:27 am

i didnt see the fight because i had to get up early today.ill watch it on hbo reruns.i did see the clips on espn and bo-hop looked fantastic with fast hands good combos when he threw them and good movement.think about this.hes 12 years older then floyd and 10 years older then sergio martinez 2 fighters that we wonder about age slowing them down.cloud is cloud.a dumb fighter that talked a good game but any top fighter with skills movement that can box and punch will beat him.
i was rooting for cloud but im still glad for hopkins.the guy does everything right.eats good food.goes to bed at 9 pm.dont drink nor smoke and stays in condition all year long.ill eat a piece of cheezcake is his reward.dedication on a high level indeed.i think he will fight 2 more times against top fighters.im not a hopkins fan but ill root for him for sure.
PP there are 2 guys i can think of that at a older age in sports-contact sports that excelled.first mr hockey gordie howe.howe had retired at 44 i think and came back at 46 to play with his 2 sons.the great winger at that age became the second man in history to score a 100 points.he went on to play untill age 52 making the all star team at a new position as a defenseman.he played a unreal 32 years at the highest level..the other was george blanda who at 45 played quaterback.coming in several games after
they pulled the starting qb to win i think 5 games that year for the raiders.the last 3 years he kicked field goals and retired at 48..we can say what we want about hopikins dislike him etc etc but hes earned the word legend.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:19 am

Hopkins won??? What the fuck???

I honestly didn't expect that.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down