The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRICE KOED IN 2.

5 posters

Go down

PRICE KOED IN 2. Empty PRICE KOED IN 2.

Post  dmar5143 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 pm

the first punch thompson hits price with its over.price goes down gets up on shaky legs and they stop the fight.another british pug heavy with a disappointing hype..all that height and reach and no effective jab.so we wont see price invade the usa.next fury there hope.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

PRICE KOED IN 2. Empty Re: PRICE KOED IN 2.

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:28 pm

thompson was in no shape. 17 pounds more than his last fight against Wlad. Price was punching at same time, didn't see Thompson's right hook coming, it hit him on the ear, and he was done.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

actualy it hit him on the side of the head.we cant say thompson wasnt in shape because he weighed 15 more pounds..thompson and price both had a classy post fight interview.i can see thompson vs fury next.
where price go.he cant go back and fight the stiffs he has in the past.maybe some of the euro heavies but that was not a huge punch with leverage that did him in.he needs a lot of work for sure.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:43 pm

price thought he got hit in the neck but it was a shot on the side of the head near the top behind the ear.offensively price has power but little amount of tools in his toolbox.another guy that fans and myself had some high hope in that turns out to be a very limited fighter not ready for the big time.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 pm

some writers are saying he got hit behind the ear but high up on the neck.im wondering where does he go and who does he fight next.ill bet fury lol is wishing he had said yes to that fight..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:17 pm

dmar5143 wrote:some writers are saying he got hit behind the ear but high up on the neck.im wondering where does he go and who does he fight next.ill bet fury lol is wishing he had said yes to that fight..

looked like it was on the ear to me. His legs were destroyed by it. Suprised he got up at all.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Wow this is a shocker.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm

on espn they show the ko over and over again from 2 angles on there twitter feed..the first angle it looked like just a tap on the side of the head.both angles show the punch no where near the neck as i thought.price did get hit with a harmless left to the neck just before the ko.the second angle a better one showed the punch had extention on it not just a tap that wizwig showed.it hit on top of the side of the head and part of the ear.
i watched it several times and looked at the crowd reaction where several were in shock covering there mouth etc etc as price went down.
it was a decent 1 punch ko.
price again offensively is still two stiff for my tastes and his reach and height should have a good jab as a weapon.it doesnt.as poor as the hw division is hes not ready for the top 7 or 8.
you cant continue to feed him stiffs but there are several heavies in europe that fight out of germany he can fight that are above the stiff level and he has to learn from there.test him at that level next and shortly.he didnt take a beating and i feel that 2 months or so try it.there will be several willing partners after seeing this.
work on a hard jab with extention and release and not in slow motion and a left hook to the body as he dips his knees inside.stop that straight up stance all the time.
either he has it beyound the stiff level or he dont.lets find out.and fast.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm

In the live time of watching this fight, it doesn't look like Thompson landed anything on Price before he went down, oh and he went down hard.. In the replays it shows a solid quick punch to the side of the ear and on the side of the head. I'm just surprised Price went down that easy. The Ref showed have let him fight on. He was hurt, but you have to give the man a chance to survive and battle back.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Diego408 wrote:In the live time of watching this fight, it doesn't look like Thompson landed anything on Price before he went down, oh and he went down hard.. In the replays it shows a solid quick punch to the side of the ear and on the side of the head. I'm just surprised Price went down that easy. The Ref showed have let him fight on. He was hurt, but you have to give the man a chance to survive and battle back.

No way the ref should have let it continue. His legs were horrific. Something was scrambled when the shot landed.

A couple of boxing writers on twitter hit the immediate joke about how Zab Judah thinks David Price's legs looked unsteady.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 pm

supposedly it perforated Price's eardrum. He wasn't going to recover.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:26 pm

This was a dumb match up for Price's team to make. The guy only has fifteen fights against stiffs and they decide to match him up with a far more experienced fighter. They rushed him too much. Price looked garbage in his last fight against Skelton too.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:33 am

will there ever be a good HW again?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:56 am

kbyte wrote:This was a dumb match up for Price's team to make. The guy only has fifteen fights against stiffs and they decide to match him up with a far more experienced fighter. They rushed him too much. Price looked garbage in his last fight against Skelton too.
...i understand what your saying but i dont think he was rushed because price had no where else to go.the choice was keep fighting 40 year old stiffs which proves zero or move foward..i agree he looked awfull against skelton.there are lets say 5 heavies or so in europe that he could of fought that are on his level or maybe slighly above but ill bet there were no willing takers.
they had thompson who said yes and had a so called name.thompson outside of loosing to wlad twice has feasted on stiffs over the past several years like price did.his best win was chas weatherspoon whos on prices level more or less.the only other names tony beat or so called names was bean 8 years ago and guinn and ibraginov 5 and 6 years ago.yes more experienced in fights with stiffs.
granted thompson is more fluid and a step up in competion but not a fight where he was rushed.he had no where else to go and the fight they felt was winable.it was time to take the test and he flunked.
now i feel thoses 5 or 6 heavies in europe will fight price.that should be his next step not returning to stiffs where you accomplish nothing.the division is so bad that at 15 fights he was ready for the unranked but fringe guys that are in the same boat as price.thompson isnt much but hes far slicker then several of the heavies out there.
offensively price has shortcomings.power well you need more then just that i feel.
his chin has yet to be tested or hit.how he reacts to adverse conditions is another unknown.his stanima also is unknown.i feel his stiff move foward stand up style that hes very hitable.without a effective jab makes him vulnerable also since it reduces him from keeping guys off balance.
he needs to develope but not against stiffs.can he develope is another question since his trainer didnt force him to make improvements on a jab..
maybe we should just chalk him up as another british heavy like we have seen for the past 60 years.a top reginal fighter in the uk only but not much on the worlds stage.even if that stage now is a poor one.how would he do against a chas weatherspoon or a seth mitchel guys who will punch back and not retreat i dont know.
hes at the stage in his career where he must move foward a bit.can he.if you asked me last week id say yes..now i dont know.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:08 am

price should look at wach charr dimitrenko ustinov ibraginov szpilka for example..theres a fair payday there and if he cant develope or beat thoses guys then what can i say fight rogan ..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum