Much Ado About Nothing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Much Ado About Nothing

Post  Frank on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:30 am

The 5 most disappointing things to ever happen in boxing.

1.Duane Bobick: To say this guy couldn’t take a punch is to say that Charles Manson wasn’t a very nice guy. Let’s just say that he (Duane) had arguably the worst chin in the history of top ten HW contenders. (Not including the present era in which he may have excelled. Yeah, we’re fucked.)

2.Non fight. Manny Pac vs. Floyd M

3.Pernell Whitaker vs. Oscar De La Hoya: One of the worst fights I ever saw.

4.The career of Riddick Bowe. I guess he reached about 60 percent of his potential. Take away the eating disorder, add a movement oriented fight , and he dominates the 90s with his own era. He threw it away for a food addiction. I guess he’s a metaphor for the present day American.

5.Holyfield – Tyson II: No comment.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Re: Much Ado About Nothing

Post  kbyte on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Cintron diving out of the ring against Williams was disappointing. I thought Cintron was on his way to knocking Paul out.

Barrera getting cut against Khan was very disappointing too. I was looking forward to that fight and to have it end that way was really lame.

Ricky getting stopped by Senchenko. That was actually heartbreaking.
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 am

Frank wrote:The 5 most disappointing things to ever happen in boxing.

1.Duane Bobick: To say this guy couldn’t take a punch is to say that Charles Manson wasn’t a very nice guy. Let’s just say that he (Duane) had arguably the worst chin in the history of top ten HW contenders. (Not including the present era in which he may have excelled. Yeah, we’re fucked.)

2.Non fight. Manny Pac vs. Floyd M

3.Pernell Whitaker vs. Oscar De La Hoya: One of the worst fights I ever saw.

4.The career of Riddick Bowe. I guess he reached about 60 percent of his potential. Take away the eating disorder, add a movement oriented fight , and he dominates the 90s with his own era. He threw it away for a food addiction. I guess he’s a metaphor for the present day American.

5.Holyfield – Tyson II: No comment.
i guess bowe was ahead of his time with the food addiction for HW fighters. haha.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum