The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DONAIRE VS RIGO SET APRIL 13TH.

+3
hardcorebee24
UBeeg9cats
dmar5143
7 posters

Go down

DONAIRE VS RIGO SET APRIL 13TH. Empty DONAIRE VS RIGO SET APRIL 13TH.

Post  dmar5143 Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 pm

bob arum said its a done deal and a press conference will be held shortly in ny city.another fight many said will not happen that bob wont allow it.lol realy.just like another never chavez vs martinez...well hats off to donaire as well as alvarez.unless donaire runs into a shot i see him giving rigo a beatdown.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

DONAIRE VS RIGO SET APRIL 13TH. Empty Re: DONAIRE VS RIGO SET APRIL 13TH.

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 pm

I could see this being close based on Rigondeaux's speed and skill or I could see Donaire dominating. I cannot see Rigo dominating. I think Rigo's chin is too weak or this could be a really good fight. I am still very happy because I wanted this fight more than I wanted Mares-Donaire.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 am

Donaire KO's this guy in brutal fashion and we never hear from Rigo again.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Nonito should win, unless Rigo sneaks in one of those nasty body shots, but I don't see that happening at this level.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:03 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I could see this being close based on Rigondeaux's speed and skill or I could see Donaire dominating. I cannot see Rigo dominating. I think Rigo's chin is too weak or this could be a really good fight. I am still very happy because I wanted this fight more than I wanted Mares-Donaire.
so you wanted to see donaire fight the inferior fighter? thats weird.

anyways, im fine with this fight because its the fight ive been wanting donaire to take for a while. my problem is that arum made the fight when mares came to the weight class.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:45 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I could see this being close based on Rigondeaux's speed and skill or I could see Donaire dominating. I cannot see Rigo dominating. I think Rigo's chin is too weak or this could be a really good fight. I am still very happy because I wanted this fight more than I wanted Mares-Donaire.

anyways, im fine with this fight because its the fight ive been wanting donaire to take for a while. my problem is that arum made the fight when mares came to the weight class.

I don't see him as too inferior to Mares. In fact until Mares dominated Moreno, I would've taken Rigondeaux at 122. Mares proved he is elite and I want to see if Rigondeaux can do the same. I kept thinking this fight had a good chance of being made because of TR and GBP. Basically for the longest time I recognized the Mares fight as impossible and thought the Rigondeaux fight to be of higher class. Once I recognized Mares as better, I already wanted the Rigo fight for so long that it stayed as my favorite.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 pm

I believe Rigo is a more difficult style matchup for Donaire. Mares would come at Donaire, which allows him to do what he does best (hit you with strong quick counter shots).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:52 pm

powerpuncher wrote:

While it isn't your opinion, there is a decent minority of boxing writers and fans that think that Rigo can give Donaire alot of trouble. Some even think he is going to win.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:46 am

captainanddew wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

While it isn't your opinion, there is a decent minority of boxing writers and fans that think that Rigo can give Donaire alot of trouble. Some even think he is going to win.
i didnt say that rigo cant give donaire trouble, i just said that mares has proven that he is the better fighter. rigo has the skill but has yet to beat anybody who is that good. mares has proven time and time again to beat top fighters. until rigo beats a few more top fighters, i cant rank him even close to mares.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i didnt say that rigo cant give donaire trouble, i just said that mares has proven that he is the better fighter. rigo has the skill but has yet to beat anybody who is that good. mares has proven time and time again to beat top fighters. until rigo beats a few more top fighters, i cant rank him even close to mares.

I think Captain and I just took how you phrased your original comment the same way. It came off as a derogatory comment about someone's ability to judge a fighter and general intelligence level. Like it was so ludicrous to want the Rigo fight instead of Mares. However, the TR-GBP war was a big part of the reason I wanted Rigo to get the fight. I understood the business and the level of hatred the Bobfather has for Schaefer. Bob is worse but GB didn't do themselves any favors by throwing out a contract that anyone in the business has torn to shreds. Anyways, I wanted to say even though it was phrased somewhat poorly, I don't have any hard feelings. If I can't take what looks like a passive-aggressive jab on the internet from a friend, I am pretty sure my man cards should be permanently taken from me. Talk on here is more fun when we give each other crap as long as there is some facts to back it up Twisted Evil

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i didnt say that rigo cant give donaire trouble, i just said that mares has proven that he is the better fighter. rigo has the skill but has yet to beat anybody who is that good. mares has proven time and time again to beat top fighters. until rigo beats a few more top fighters, i cant rank him even close to mares.

I think Captain and I just took how you phrased your original comment the same way. It came off as a derogatory comment about someone's ability to judge a fighter and general intelligence level. Like it was so ludicrous to want the Rigo fight instead of Mares. However, the TR-GBP war was a big part of the reason I wanted Rigo to get the fight. I understood the business and the level of hatred the Bobfather has for Schaefer. Bob is worse but GB didn't do themselves any favors by throwing out a contract that anyone in the business has torn to shreds. Anyways, I wanted to say even though it was phrased somewhat poorly, I don't have any hard feelings. If I can't take what looks like a passive-aggressive jab on the internet from a friend, I am pretty sure my man cards should be permanently taken from me. Talk on here is more fun when we give each other crap as long as there is some facts to back it up Twisted Evil
its all good. i never mean to actually offend anyone. maybe i just came off in the wrong way.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 am

I can't wait for this one. Great fight. I think donaire ko's him but it will be really fun
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 pm

powerpuncher wrote:its all good. i never mean to actually offend anyone. maybe i just came off in the wrong way.

Now we might not get this fight. I defended Donaire for not fight Mares but he better fight someone of consequence. Mares, Rigo, Mikey Garcia(which he won't), and Chris John are about the only ones I can think of.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 pm

we talk on here (and I like to talk on twitter with other fans and boxing writers) about the ills of the sport.

There is many problems:
-corrupt sanctioning bodies
-screwed up systems at hbo/showtime that will overpay a fighter who doesn't draw live (which is out of whack. if no one goes to watch you fight then why should a network pay 4-5 times what you could earn without them?)
-injuries and cancellations
-fans shitting on any fighter that loses a fight

Those are big issues, but pale in comparison to the new paradigm: 1-GB/TR killing fights we want because of their war; 2-Haymon killing fights because his guys don't fight each other; 3-Showtime is now controlled by an ex-GB guy and he is making it the Golden Boy network. With Floyd moving there, coupled with the GB movement of the past year, it is getting to the point that GB completely dominates Showtime coverage.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 pm

there are several more problems that are just as bad.1.credibilty is one.how can just one orginazation have as many as 4 champs in the same division2.to many phoney divisons like 105 108 115 122 130 154 that are not needed and the manipulation of weigh inns 30 or more hours before a fight where you actualy get a small middleweight 152 rocky grazianos size in several fights fighting as a lightweight.3.talk about fights you dont want to see.forget gb -top rank at least they do a lot of good fights.im talking phoney manditories with a unknown fighter or a guy who deserves no rating battling for a belt with a mickey mouse champ.4.everyones a former so called world champ as well as a 2-3 time beltholder in multi phoney divisions.thats just the tip of the iceberg with credibilty.that helped put boxing big time in a awfull state.
oddly the floyd deal with showtime will bring big publicity in the form of advertizing or promoting his fights.thats good.
this will hopefully lead to possitive exposure for the game.it jolted nbc to show the fury-cunningham fight on regular national network tv free.something that we havent seen in a long time and it will open the doors to other fights like that.
the jury is out on the golden boy influence with showtime.that gives top rank the top provider of fights for hbo and opens the door more for dibella duva and other promoters there.
the number of commisions instead of one authority commision like other sports has is the biggest downfall still.
if you had 1 champ with less divisions and no manditories that prevents the manuvering for a phoney belt to so called build up a fighter and less divisions stops moving up 3 or 4 classes which is at times 12 pounds.same day weigh inns also reduces big time the several jumps in divisions.
with all that in place you may actualy see a top rank-golden boy fight on occasion ..
with all that said in your post as well as mine captain i think boxing has bottumed out.with exposure starting on national regular free tv is a great start in the right direction.now if credibilty returned the sport will be back pretty good.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down