The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton vs Martinez

3 posters

Go down

Frampton vs Martinez Empty Frampton vs Martinez

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Carl frampton what an absolute talent at super-bantam/junior feather... Stopped kiko Martinez with a peach of a straight right hand punch in the 9th round to win the European title. Martinez had never been stopped before. Barry mcguigans protege looks a real talent in what could be an exciting addition to the world scene. There will be more calls for a Frampton vs Quiggs domestic fight but both of these talents from these shores can make for very exciting fights on the global scale. Quality 1 punch finish against a previouslyy thought of hard nosed durable veteran... The reason for my excitement is because this fight is the type of fight that all up and coming future talents should have to endure to prove their worth. Very very classy fight

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Frampton vs Martinez Empty Re: Frampton vs Martinez

Post  kbyte Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:01 am

It was a really nice finish from Frampton but he did look vulnerable during the fight. He was hurt to the body a few times early on and was on his bike at times. When he settled down and put more power into his punches he looked much better. It was a tough fight but the important thing is that he got through it and has that experience now. I'll be looking forward to his future fights; Quigg would be a good one.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Frampton landed a very good short right hand. Good fight.

I favor Quigg just slightly.

There are alot of guys I want to see in scraps at 122: Frampton, Quigg, Darchinyan, Kameda, Hasegawa.

I just don't want to see those guys against Donaire or Mares as I feel those two are a class above the rest.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:56 pm

captainanddew wrote:Frampton landed a very good short right hand. Good fight.

I favor Quigg just slightly.

There are alot of guys I want to see in scraps at 122: Frampton, Quigg, Darchinyan, Kameda, Hasegawa.

I just don't want to see those guys against Donaire or Mares as I feel those two are a class above the rest.

Yeah I thought Quigg looked really good against Munroe in his last fight.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Frampton vs. Quigg is an all UK matchup that has 2 legit top 10 fighters. I hope it happens.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum