PAULIE-MOSLEY FIGHT OFF.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PAULIE-MOSLEY FIGHT OFF.

Post  dmar5143 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 am

the money wasnt right for paulie so the fight is dead in the water according to golden boys shaffer.maidana is a fight paulie said he would like to do.maidana said paulie has balls unlike many other fighters.i agree with that.
shaffer feels that fight wont carry well at the barlay center.nonsence.look the garden in its hayday didnt sell out eveytime even if it draws7- 8000 folks thats decent.schaffer is also talking LM vs maidana yes a fight all would want and paulie vs berto.get the fuck out of here.yeah berto can make the barkclay center right.lol.
the barkclay center may becoming this eras scaled down version of the garden..pauies popular there so do the maidana fight.personaly im glad mosley got shut out on this.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Re: PAULIE-MOSLEY FIGHT OFF.

Post  flapanther2001 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:43 am

I damn sure didn't want to see Mosley/Malignaggi, but I wouldn't mind seeing Maidana chase Paulie around for 12 rounds....
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:05 pm

as for LM, I want him vs Garcia. I want it bad. Sick of Garcia getting credit when LM is the best 140 pounder on the planet. He'll knock Garcia out.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 pm

captainanddew wrote:as for LM, I want him vs Garcia. I want it bad. Sick of Garcia getting credit when LM is the best 140 pounder on the planet. He'll knock Garcia out.
After LM dispatches Mike Dallas Jr )or maybe kills him) I hope he at least calls out somebody at the top....maybe a rematch.
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:as for LM, I want him vs Garcia. I want it bad. Sick of Garcia getting credit when LM is the best 140 pounder on the planet. He'll knock Garcia out.
After LM dispatches Mike Dallas Jr )or maybe kills him) I hope he at least calls out somebody at the top....maybe a rematch.

He's been asking for Garcia. He wants Garcia. He deserves that fight. Showtime would undoubtedly love that fight. Well see if (a) Golden Boy will try to make it and if so, (b) will Garcia's team take on the challenge.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 pm

captainanddew wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

He's been asking for Garcia. He wants Garcia. He deserves that fight. Showtime would undoubtedly love that fight. Well see if (a) Golden Boy will try to make it and if so, (b) will Garcia's team take on the challenge.
Goldenboy does like to protect their meal tickets...
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Awe rats LOL

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 am

i wouldnt at all mind paulie vs maidana. better than mosley.

powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 am

powerpuncher wrote:i wouldnt at all mind paulie vs maidana. better than mosley.

i think maidana kills the tranny

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm

I don't wanna see Paulie vs anybody. I thought they would put Ortiz in there with him so he can grab another trinket but looks like he isn't fighting until September. Paulie vs anybody right.now is.not.main event material and would.not sell tickets. Golden Boy thinks just cuz Paulie is from.Brooklyn its an automatic sell but look at the Judah-Garcia fight. Tickets have been super slow. They need to have Garcia fight in Philly. IMO, GBP made a huge mistake signing that deal with Barclay. They just don't have the fighters to sell tickets in Brooklyn. The theatre at MSG would've been a more suitable spot.
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:53 pm

SlickMoney wrote:I don't wanna see Paulie vs anybody. I thought they would put Ortiz in there with him so he can grab another trinket but looks like he isn't fighting until September. Paulie vs anybody right.now is.not.main event material and would.not sell tickets. Golden Boy thinks just cuz Paulie is from.Brooklyn its an automatic sell but look at the Judah-Garcia fight. Tickets have been super slow. They need to have Garcia fight in Philly. IMO, GBP made a huge mistake signing that deal with Barclay. They just don't have the fighters to sell tickets in Brooklyn. The theatre at MSG would've been a more suitable spot.
i wouldnt mind it as a main event on a BAD card but not an actual HBO card.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:04 pm

SlickMoney wrote:I don't wanna see Paulie vs anybody. I thought they would put Ortiz in there with him so he can grab another trinket but looks like he isn't fighting until September. Paulie vs anybody right.now is.not.main event material and would.not sell tickets. Golden Boy thinks just cuz Paulie is from.Brooklyn its an automatic sell but look at the Judah-Garcia fight. Tickets have been super slow. They need to have Garcia fight in Philly. IMO, GBP made a huge mistake signing that deal with Barclay. They just don't have the fighters to sell tickets in Brooklyn. The theatre at MSG would've been a more suitable spot.

Because they're fucking expensive and Judah is a joke from a casual fans perspective. He has an outside shot to win here though.
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:15 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Because they're fucking expensive and Judah is a joke from a casual fans perspective. He has an outside shot to win here though.

Yes he does. Judah's left hand (especially the uppercut) is still damn quick and has pretty good power. Garcia won the Khan fight because Khan has an iffy chin and jumps in from 6 feet away with his left hand down. Can't forget that Kahn came out and was tagging his ass until he got removed from his senses in the 3rd round.

Garcia is good, but Judah could pull it off.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:02 am

i highly doubt that zab pulls off a win against garcia. i used to think that zab could always pull off an upset because of his skills but he is getting older and its a lot less likely.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:48 pm

being reported that Garcia has an injury. Different things going around from boxing writers on twitter.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:25 am

captainanddew wrote:being reported that Garcia has an injury. Different things going around from boxing writers on twitter.
..yep according to espn home page the fights postponed 3 weeks due to garcia having a bruised rib
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:34 am

I'm pretty sure Pualie thought he was going to get paid a lot to fight a shit Mosley and saw there wasn't any money or demand for it. Not gonna lie but Paulies last fight was pretty entertaining, he actually fought a good fight, but Cano did kick his ass and got robbed. Paulie vs Maidana should be strongly considered for both guys. It's a no brainer for me. Maidana gets a crack at a title and they both make a good pay day. The fight would actually be pretty darn good.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top