The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BUSINESS OF BOXING I HATE.

5 posters

Go down

THE BUSINESS OF BOXING I HATE. Empty THE BUSINESS OF BOXING I HATE.

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 am

i understand the business of the sport and at times agree with why a fight was made etc etc.there are times in the sport when the business makes no sence and the fans get junk undeserving junk shoved down there mouths.im talking about dan raefeals column on tim bradley.when you look at the whole picture in the welter division history wise bradley is nothing.zero.mediocre at best and thats a strech.he cant draw flies with a truck load of shit.in the old days fighters split 60 percent of the gate.tv money was small.this dud turned down a fight with kahn even after kahn giving more up including the kitchen sink.he left his promoter actualy fucked him to go with top rank.he lucked out and was third choice for a pac fight which he lost with ease.
he turned down 2.3 million to fight peterson another boob.thats a good 2 million more then what hes worth.he has a lawyer call arum a guy arum hates to look for wiggle room in his contract.
now hes turning down a fight with gamboa over a few pounds of what they should weigh.gamboa deserves shit by the way.
now the rumor is that he may actualy be a front runner for floyds next fight over RG.dan r feels arum will step aside for a cool million and let golden boy handle this farse.a sign that arums saying so long timmy boy.
why is floyd considering that fight.because bradleys a easier mark then RG who has a legit chance to pull off a upset.a guy who can box who can maul and brawl.RG spells problems over timmy boy and floyd again may use matchmaking skills instead of taking the tougher fight.
who here loves to reward a guy who fucks up all his business relationships.a guy thats highly overpaid looking for a bigger overpaid job.he brings zero to the table.
yes in the sceem of things history wise bradley is nothing.robinson leanord hearns armstrong basilio gavilyn barbados joe walcott ross mclarlin naploes are some that held the welter title.all would crush bradley..so would gil turner at his best fritzie zivic billy graham even one of the flanagan brothers and tons of others.
this part of the business i dont understand and hate.its saying to the fans were not going to fuck you a little were going to take you to the cleaners.pony up the cash suckers.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

THE BUSINESS OF BOXING I HATE. Empty Re: THE BUSINESS OF BOXING I HATE.

Post  Diego408 Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Bradley is the easier fight for Mayweather, so that maybe a reason hes probably considering it. I doubt it will happen though, Bradley vs Mayweather is just talk by Arum to make Bradly's name relevant again. Mayweather knows that a fight with Bradley on Cinco De Mayo weekend isn't as lucrative as to fighting Robert Guerrero on a Mexican based Holiday. Bradley vs Pacquaio didn't do as well as other Pacquaio fight did PPV wise. Why? because he didn't fight a Mexican. Mexican fight fans buy PPV fights. The Mexican fan base is huge and its the reason they set up fight dates on the Weekend of Cinco De Mayo and on the Weekend of the Mexican Independence day in September. I'll be surprised if Mayweather doesn't fight a Mexican on the weekend of Cinco De Mayo. GBP wants to set up the Guerrero fight. Its going to be very hard for Arum to push the Bradley fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:23 pm

diego i agree in what you said except arum pushing for the bradley fight with floyd.hes not.speculation says its bradleys lawyer who has close ties with GB and arum dont like him.arum by now must be feed up with bradley.he offered 2.3 million to fight peterson.big money and he turned it down for a dec date.arum has gamboa saying yes to fight bradley working with 50 cent.dan r says bradley again dont like the money nor the possibilty of a fight at 143 pounds.arum also paid him 1.2 mil to fight a washed up lighweight.bradleys a idiot..the date set aside is march 16 th for the gamboa fight which gamboa said ok.rumor is according to dan r is if bradley says no arum will use that date for donaire vs rigo.
my wish is bradley says no to gamboa and the rigo donaire fight takes place then gb and floyd go with RG leaving bradley holding his dick.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 pm

I agree 100% as to Bradley being a spoiled bitch, getting much more than he deserves, Mayweather looking for an easier fight (great matchmaker), etc..... I've said many of the same things about them before.

The thing that really bothers me about this story is Bradley not liking the weight. 143 pounds. That is some absolute bullshit.

Why?

Because Gamboa has fought at 126 and 130. Gamboa's most effective of those weights has been 126.

I'd pick the top 5 guys at 135 to beat him, much less trying to fight someone at 140 or higher.

Bradley has a fight that should be a gimme victory, only has to sweat out a few extra pounds, and will get paid well for the fight (not compared to Pac fight, but he didn't deserve that either).

The Tim Bradley that beat Witter, Peterson, and Alexander seemed like a humble guy. He fought the best there was out there. i liked that Tim Bradley.

Then it became much more about the money (which I understand wanting to make some money but he has gone too far) than being a fighter. I do not like the Tim Bradley we've seen for the last few years.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 am

It is getting harder to respect Bradley at this point. He left a lineal title on the table which would've been a lot of money. He beat Pac by robbery and has gained advantages in many recent fights by headbutts. I can see Mayweather trying for Bradley in his next fight. It is an easier fight and would be that one up/slap in Pac's face that we know he would like to do.

I think Guerrero had/has a VERY good chance at the upset. I think Floyd has had some trouble in his last 3 fights. It wasn't much trouble but more than he used to have. Mosley landed a couple of bombs. Ortiz landed more than a lot of people admitted at the time but he is a mental midget and soon fell victim to a less than sporting punch. We all saw Cotto get to Floyd repeatedly. Ghost doesn't have the speed or power of Mosley but he has more skill and can still pull the trigger. He is mentally tougher than Ortiz. I think he can one up Cotto's performance.

Back on topic, Bradley is backing himself into a corner that will waste several of his prime years and lose whatever small fan base he may have.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 am

ive never really liked bradley and now i just hate him. although everyone always had him in their p4p list, i really never thought he deserved to be on there. i never thought he was that great. he is a solid fighter that now tries to go for only big money fights when he has no fans and is rapidly losing credibility. even boxing fans dont care about bradley anymore. after that pac fight, he has pretty much been non existent.

i really hope that he doesnt get a chance to fight mayweather because he doesnt deserve the shot or the payday. i never wanted RG to get the shot but he has actually earned it. although unlike most other people, i think that RG does not have the tools to beat mayweather. mayweathers age is always lurking variable though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum