The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire is the man

+7
flapanther2001
captainanddew
UBeeg9cats
Soonermark890
boxinglawyer
dmar5143
kbyte
11 posters

Go down

Donaire is the man Empty Donaire is the man

Post  kbyte Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 am

Donaire's fight, while a waste of time really, has made me a fan of him. The guy is just so good and gives exciting KOs. What really impresses me though is his attitude. Its refreshing to listen to someone so polite, well spoken and intelligent. His interview with Larry after the fight was the best part of the night for me. He didn't dodge any questions and answered them the way we would want them to be answered and it was very classy how he congratulated and thanked Larry for his great career. Also, the fact that hes volunteered himself to undergo year round drug testing is great. It sets an example and lets us know for sure that hes a clean fighter. On top of that he fought four times this year which is rare for a fighter of his caliber. I can't help but root for him.

As an aside, I think I'm a fan of all of Robert Garcia's stable of fighters lol. Rios, Maidana, Donaire, Pavlik theres probably more ha.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Donaire is the man Empty Re: Donaire is the man

Post  dmar5143 Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:13 am

donaire seems to be all you say.he just crushed another good fighter also.acre will probably call it a day.i didnt see the fight for i was napping but i look foward to its replay.donaire is a big time puncher and top fighter and a credit to the sport like you said.i like him.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 am

dmar5143 wrote:donaire seems to be all you say.he just crushed another good fighter also.acre will probably call it a day.i didnt see the fight for i was napping but i look foward to its replay.donaire is a big time puncher and top fighter and a credit to the sport like you said.i like him.

LOL!! I was too!!!! I remember a time I couldnt begin to go to sleep if a fight was on. These days, I find myself missing a lot of TV after 9pm for a good 7-8 hour nap.............. Embarassed

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:20 am

lol BL thank goodness for hbo on demand or youtube huh.there are fights we have seen that we wished we had napped.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 am

Arce retired after the fight. Donaire is the best in the lower weights. Now bring on mares and rigo
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 am

And this guy is behind Broner in Ring's rankings? Sorry I wanted to bring in the obligatory negative P4P ranking discussion Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:And this guy is behind Broner in Ring's rankings? Sorry I wanted to bring in the obligatory negative P4P ranking discussion Laughing

Haha yeah, it doesn't make much sense.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:15 pm

donaire is a great fighter. only one weakness. His eyes. They need to be checked. His wife has the ugliest face.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Donaire (for me) is the P4P best fighter in the world and should be the 2012 Fighter of the Year.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Donaire (for me) is the P4P best fighter in the world and should be the 2012 Fighter of the Year.

He deserves fighter of the year. Hes a shining example of what a fighter should be in my opinion.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:16 pm

kbyte wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Donaire (for me) is the P4P best fighter in the world and should be the 2012 Fighter of the Year.

He deserves fighter of the year. Hes a shining example of what a fighter should be in my opinion.
Yup...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Donaire should have fought Mares and Rigo this year. Arum doesnt want to make the Mares fight and Donaire doesnt want fight Rigo. No way does Donaire deserve fighter of the year after this BS of avoiding the best fighters in his division.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 am

donaire will fight either one in a second.hes not the promoter.mares fight wont happen even mares said that because of the promoters hate each other.rigo whos he.donaire blew out the top ranked fighter in that division which was the guy from japan.the fight with rigo will happen this coming year.donaire isnt avoiding anyone.neither is mares.there not the promoters unfortunetly.
donaire is a strong canidate for fighter of the year and rightly so.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 am

dmar5143 wrote:donaire will fight either one in a second.hes not the promoter.mares fight wont happen even mares said that because of the promoters hate each other.rigo whos he.donaire blew out the top ranked fighter in that division which was the guy from japan.the fight with rigo will happen this coming year.donaire isnt avoiding anyone.neither is mares.there not the promoters unfortunetly.
donaire is a strong canidate for fighter of the year and rightly so.
Arum would make the fight if theres no GBP involvement, this is what he said. GBP said they will let Arum make Donaire vs Mares with a little fee of borrowing their fighter and in return of letting them put Matthysse vs Rios with a fee of borrowing Arums fighter. No way in hell would Arum allow this to happen, but its on the table. Arum just doesnt allow his fighters in a dangerous fight against a rival promoter. It took him 2 years to Make MArtinez vs Chavez jr
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 am

maybe he should prove that he is the best in his division first because his competition (mares) definitely has a better resume.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:48 am

Diego408 wrote:Donaire should have fought Mares and Rigo this year. Arum doesnt want to make the Mares fight and Donaire doesnt want fight Rigo. No way does Donaire deserve fighter of the year after this BS of avoiding the best fighters in his division.
agreed. im still in shock that donaire is getting so much praise while mares has been the one fighting the best consistently for the past few years while donaire hasnt (although for some reason people are saying that he has).
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Donaire should have fought Mares and Rigo this year. Arum doesnt want to make the Mares fight and Donaire doesnt want fight Rigo. No way does Donaire deserve fighter of the year after this BS of avoiding the best fighters in his division.
agreed. im still in shock that donaire is getting so much praise while mares has been the one fighting the best consistently for the past few years while donaire hasnt (although for some reason people are saying that he has).
Donaire has been fighting good opponents, and a few elite ones. Mares has consistently been fighting the best. The difference between him and Mares is that Donaire has been completely dominant.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:56 am

Donaire is a good fighter, no doubt about that, but he's nowhere near what some of you guys are making him out to be.

This fight with a badly faded, out of his weight class Arce was a joke. How many wasted fight dates, and showcases does a guy need? Like I've said on many other forums: Wake me up when Donaire fights somebody with a pulse.

He needs to fight Rigo and Mares. Mares may be harder to make because of the silly promotional war, but there is no excuse for him not to have fought Rigo already. If they don't fight next, I'll really start to be turned off on him.

Donaire left Bantamweight without fighting the top guys, now he's already talking about moving up. If he moves up again, without fighting the other two top guys in the division there should be no excuses made for him.

People keep saying he's the best: Let's see him actually prove it against other Champs who are a serious threat to him...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 pm

I have been wanting the Rigo-Donaire fight more and for a longer time than most fans as well as been hoping a TR-GBP truce happens if only for a month for Donaire-Mares fight but I have to disagree with hill, pp, and Diego.

Mares has fought all the competition he could and should be praised for that but Donaire has also fought good competition. Last 6 for Mares are Perez, Vic, Agbekox2, Morel, and Moreno. Morel is the only guy not near the top of the division. I think Vic was too small for 118 and is definitely too small now. Moreno also had to do the weight move thing. Donaire's last 6 are Montiel, Narvaez, WV2, Mathebula, Nishioka, and Arce. Especially because Moreno was moving up, I think Montiel and Nishioka were better than any of Mares's matchups. Mathebula is a good fighter too.

Donaire has been more active too. His last 6 have been 2/19/2011 while it has taken Mares since 5/22/2010. Add in that Mares got a draw against Perez and got a W with what I believe was terrible refereeing in the first Agbeko fight and I feel Donaire's resume easily surpasses Mares's.

I think Donaire's PED stance and 4 fights this year against very good competition make him a frontrunner for Fighter of the Year. I still hope Donaire-Rigondeaux happens and we could get Mares-Santa Cruz too. That will then leave Donaire and Mares as the only 2 standing. My guess is Donaire will move up but not by his own choice.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I have been wanting the Rigo-Donaire fight more and for a longer time than most fans as well as been hoping a TR-GBP truce happens if only for a month for Donaire-Mares fight but I have to disagree with hill, pp, and Diego.

Mares has fought all the competition he could and should be praised for that but Donaire has also fought good competition. Last 6 for Mares are Perez, Vic, Agbekox2, Morel, and Moreno. Morel is the only guy not near the top of the division. I think Vic was too small for 118 and is definitely too small now. Moreno also had to do the weight move thing. Donaire's last 6 are Montiel, Narvaez, WV2, Mathebula, Nishioka, and Arce. Especially because Moreno was moving up, I think Montiel and Nishioka were better than any of Mares's matchups. Mathebula is a good fighter too.

Donaire has been more active too. His last 6 have been 2/19/2011 while it has taken Mares since 5/22/2010. Add in that Mares got a draw against Perez and got a W with what I believe was terrible refereeing in the first Agbeko fight and I feel Donaire's resume easily surpasses Mares's.

I think Donaire's PED stance and 4 fights this year against very good competition make him a frontrunner for Fighter of the Year. I still hope Donaire-Rigondeaux happens and we could get Mares-Santa Cruz too. That will then leave Donaire and Mares as the only 2 standing. My guess is Donaire will move up but not by his own choice.
you have got to be joking me that you actually think that donaire's last 6 fights were better than mares' last 6 fights. you are forgetting that mares has been moving up weight as well. he is a small guy. he could easily stay down in weight but is moving up to fight the best. so as for people he has been fighting being small, you have to realize that mares is small also.

just because moreno moved up a weight class does not at all make nishioka or montiel better than him. i guarantee that moreno beats both of them with ease. i actually think that moreno might beat donaire. vic was also a good win. he may have been on the small side for the weight but he was still pretty dominant. agbeko was far better than anybody that donaire has fought and mares fought him twice. IMO, agbeko is grossly underrated. moreno i would say the same thing about. perez was a solid fighter who just wasnt known that well. vic is vic. and i agree that morel was an easier fight but is comparable to about half of donaire's opponents.

montiel was past his best although it was a solid win with a spectacular KO. navarez was worthless who only fought in his own country his whole career beating absolutely nobody. WV2 had just come off a KO loss to arce (who was over his best weight and way past his best). and WV2 was just a good prospect at the time even though he had a trinket. mathebula is whatever. it would have been an alright fight if donaire had just come off of a tough fight and not 2 easy fights. nishioka only fought in japan and really never beat anyone either. and i dont need to say anything about arce.

so i would say that agbeko and moreno were far above anybody that donaire fought. perez and vic werent far above who donaire fought but hands down they were better. and morel is probably on the same level as most of the fighters that donaire fought which the exception of arce who was done and maybe even navarez who was completely worthless.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 am

powerpuncher wrote:you have got to be joking me that you actually think that donaire's last 6 fights were better than mares' last 6 fights. you are forgetting that mares has been moving up weight as well. he is a small guy. he could easily stay down in weight but is moving up to fight the best. so as for people he has been fighting being small, you have to realize that mares is small also.

just because moreno moved up a weight class does not at all make nishioka or montiel better than him. i guarantee that moreno beats both of them with ease. i actually think that moreno might beat donaire. vic was also a good win. he may have been on the small side for the weight but he was still pretty dominant. agbeko was far better than anybody that donaire has fought and mares fought him twice. IMO, agbeko is grossly underrated. moreno i would say the same thing about. perez was a solid fighter who just wasnt known that well. vic is vic. and i agree that morel was an easier fight but is comparable to about half of donaire's opponents.

montiel was past his best although it was a solid win with a spectacular KO. navarez was worthless who only fought in his own country his whole career beating absolutely nobody. WV2 had just come off a KO loss to arce (who was over his best weight and way past his best). and WV2 was just a good prospect at the time even though he had a trinket. mathebula is whatever. it would have been an alright fight if donaire had just come off of a tough fight and not 2 easy fights. nishioka only fought in japan and really never beat anyone either. and i dont need to say anything about arce.

so i would say that agbeko and moreno were far above anybody that donaire fought. perez and vic werent far above who donaire fought but hands down they were better. and morel is probably on the same level as most of the fighters that donaire fought which the exception of arce who was done and maybe even navarez who was completely worthless.

Donaire has moved up 2 weight classes in the same time period that Mares has moved up 1.

Moreno would beat them both now but I'm not sure at different times who was better. Montiel at bantam was a force. He destroyed the top bantam, Hasegawa. Nishioka was the established man at 122. He had dominated it for years. Vic went 3-3 at bantam with 2 wins against scrubs. Perez was Vic's only decent win there.

We will have to agree to disagree on the competition. I rate the 11 fighters as Montiel, Nishioka, Moreno above weight, Agbeko, Perez, Mathebula, Arce, Vic above weight, WV2, Narvaez, and Morel in that order.

Add in how each fighter did against the competition and I strongly disagree with you. Of course, no one knows until it is settled in the ring.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:37 am

i guess that we will have to disagree then because your rankings of their opposition is an abomination. montiel beat an overrated hasegawa who got KO'd by gonzales two fights later. beating montiel a few years before that and at a lower weight then i would agree with you. that version of montiel was a good fighter but not great. so stop saying "above weight" on all of mares' competition but failing to say "above weight" on all of donaire's competition. just like you think that vic "above weight" was worse than arce who to you wasnt above weight. lets not forget that vic destroyed arce a few years ago and would destroy him at any weight. and dont forget that narvaez fought donaire at bantam which was narvaez' only fight at bantam. he even went back down after the donaire fight. so if the "above weight" factor is so big then donaire's competition looks worse because thats 3 opponents who were above weight when he fought them.

but when it comes down to it, donaire is big for his weight so im sure that he probably walks around heavier than mares does.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 am

Let's see if Donaire actually fights Rigo or Mares. I'll believe it when I see it. He's already talking about moving up in weight. Figures...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i guess that we will have to disagree then because your rankings of their opposition is an abomination. montiel beat an overrated hasegawa who got KO'd by gonzales two fights later. beating montiel a few years before that and at a lower weight then i would agree with you. that version of montiel was a good fighter but not great. so stop saying "above weight" on all of mares' competition but failing to say "above weight" on all of donaire's competition. just like you think that vic "above weight" was worse than arce who to you wasnt above weight. lets not forget that vic destroyed arce a few years ago and would destroy him at any weight. and dont forget that narvaez fought donaire at bantam which was narvaez' only fight at bantam. he even went back down after the donaire fight. so if the "above weight" factor is so big then donaire's competition looks worse because thats 3 opponents who were above weight when he fought them.

but when it comes down to it, donaire is big for his weight so im sure that he probably walks around heavier than mares does.

Yes, hasegawa got KO'd 2 divisions above after he won a trinket. Hasegawa was near P4P at bantam. I just pointed out above weight on 2 of the guys. Vic was 1-3 against real competition at the weight Mares beat him and Moreno had to move up to fight him. After the loss, Moreno immediately decided to move back down to a comfortable weight. I should have said Arce and Narvaez were over weight too. I could have said Morel was above weight too. I think Montiel's best win is Hasegawa so I can't consider him above weight at 118. I still think the fact that Narvaez, Montiel, and Nishioka were all recently #1 in their respective weight classes lends credence to Nonito's resume. WV2 had become a decent fighter at 122 and Arce beat him. I like Mathebula and his more recent losses were SD's against good competition. Agbeko is legit but Perez never won again after drawing with Mares.

None of this really matters since you think my ratings are an abomination but whatever. You can't dispute who fought the higher Ring ranked fighters or who had the closer fights.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:44 am

i dont really care about rankings as much. for example, when pac and mayweather were #1 and 2 p4p and both at welter, would you give more credit to someone fighting and beating the #2 guy in the weight class or the #1 guy in a worthless division?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum