The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gatti to the IBHOF

+5
Soonermark890
dmar5143
koolkc107
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
9 posters

Go down

Gatti to the IBHOF Empty Gatti to the IBHOF

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Gatti to the IBHOF Empty Re: Gatti to the IBHOF

Post  Diego408 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Didnt have the talent, but had everything else to get in.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 pm

On skill alone, he does not get in.

But, just like he proved in his fights, sometimes HEART goes a long way...
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 pm

massive popularity amoung the fans and writers got gatti in.his heart was first rate and his style was fan friendly as it gets.his skill talent and greatness simply wasnt there at all.sorry he dont belong.
lennon jr is my favorite ring announcer of today.he reminds me a lot of johnnie addie the great msgarden announcer.no theatrics or nonsence just a great stylish vocal approach.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Love Gatti but its kind of a joke.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Even though he was a personal friend, I don't think Arturo's resume' gets him in the Hall. Having said that, I also believe that his death created a situation whereby the voters felt a need to honor him somehow. There is no doubting his heart, ability to draw strength when hurt and a style that gave the fans what they came to see every single fight. All in all, I'm glad he got in.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:41 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Love Gatti but its kind of a joke.
agreed. it makes the HOF look like a joke. popularity and style has somewhat to do with getting in but not that much. gatti was maybe a B class fighter.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:22 am

The hall of fame is now watered down. Gatti is not a HOFer Idc how many entertaining fights he was in. It's like saying Nate Robinson is a HOFer because he has entertaining dunks.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 am

SlickMoney wrote:The hall of fame is now watered down. Gatti is not a HOFer Idc how many entertaining fights he was in. It's like saying Nate Robinson is a HOFer because he has entertaining dunks.

I'd say it would be more like Blake Griffin getting in.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:43 am

freakzilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:The hall of fame is now watered down. Gatti is not a HOFer Idc how many entertaining fights he was in. It's like saying Nate Robinson is a HOFer because he has entertaining dunks.

I'd say it would be more like Blake Griffin getting in.
terrible comparison because blake griffin is at the beginning of his career and still has a lot that he can do. unless you are saying that if blake griffin retired right now and got in then i could agree on the comparison.

plus griffin has a ton of talent which is what we are saying gatti doesnt have a ton of.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:45 pm

The fat bastard has a shitty article up about it right now. He says we are missing the point if we are going by his carrer
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:The fat bastard has a shitty article up about it right now. He says we are missing the point if we are going by his carrer
...sooner by now all of us should realize dan r is never wrong.never.you cant go by a guys career.realy.thats unreal.he moved a lot of people.ok.dempsey moved a lot of people also and in my mind was the greatest drawing card in boxing history.marciano not only moved a lot of folks he was deeply loved by the public and highly loved and respected by his peers.joe louis indeed in many ways falls into some of rockys categories.the difference is thoses guys are bonifide hall of famers and genuine legends.
he voted for gatti for one reason.he stated hes his all time favorite fighter..big deal.he voted for 3 guys ok .virgil hill was not one of them despite the fact hill at times in his career showed brillence.
with ill informed yes ill informed guys like dan the hall will continue to delute more in the future.
the hall yes has several mistakes they cant take back.examples braddock and johanson.yes there are others.
gatti moved folks like no other.realy.more then joe louis did in the politicaly charged second smelling fight.dan should say i voted for him because hes my favorite fighter ever.period.the other reasons are nonsence.
dan is just an example of a lot of writers that dont know what there talking about..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Dan is a joke. Gatti was a fun fighter and IMO he is not even on the cusp of a HOF career. The guy never showed brilliance in the ring in any way. He was just tough that's it. Dan can go fuck himself
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:59 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Dan is a joke. Gatti was a fun fighter and IMO he is not even on the cusp of a HOF career. The guy never showed brilliance in the ring in any way. He was just tough that's it. Dan can go fuck himself
mayorga should be in the HOF. he was funny and smoked during training and even in an interview after his fight once. his best win was also better than anybody gatti ever beat (forrest).
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:29 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Dan is a joke. Gatti was a fun fighter and IMO he is not even on the cusp of a HOF career. The guy never showed brilliance in the ring in any way. He was just tough that's it. Dan can go fuck himself
mayorga should be in the HOF. he was funny and smoked during training and even in an interview after his fight once. his best win was also better than anybody gatti ever beat (forrest).
lol yep he moved the alcoholic chain smokers so why not
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:57 pm

pp and sooner..very funny indeed.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down