The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do they go from here?

+6
SlickMoney
hardcorebee24
Shaun
captainanddew
Soonermark890
NJBeatdown86
10 posters

Go down

Where do they go from here? Empty Where do they go from here?

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:27 am

JMM- Could retire, but has way too many options now, and probably will want to keep fighting after finally getting the big win. It sounded like Arum wanted to put Rios in with tonights winner, I could also potentially see a rematch with Flod or even a fifth Pac fight.

Pac- Really not much left now, other than a fifth fight with JMM. He won't retire just yet as he needs the $$$ for his lavish lifestyle/political payoffs/love children/randomly handing out cash and/or expensive items to people he doesn't really know. He'll probably have one more fight against a decent opponent before ending it all with a farwell match in the Phillipines against a bum. No Flod.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Where do they go from here? Empty Re: Where do they go from here?

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 am

What I hope- 5th fight in a farewell fight for both that they announce together ahead of time. That seems like a badass way to go out.

What I think will happen- JMM fights Rios and he gets destroyed.
Pac fights Flod after floyd has finally waited so long that pac is slowed down enough.

I really hope that they just give it one last go and make it a massive PPV sell and use that money to retire on. Can anyone wish a better outcome for these two?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:49 am

From STeve Kim's twitter

tonight pac goes to the hospital for precautionary scans
Marquez has a broken nose and a possible concussion
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:49 am

captainanddew wrote:

From STeve Kim's twitter

tonight pac goes to the hospital for precautionary scans
Marquez has a broken nose and a possible concussion
Concussion for both guys, WOW
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:57 am

Marquez should fight Bradley next to try and unify.

Pacquiao should take an easy fight next.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 am

Shaun wrote:Marquez should fight Bradley next to try and unify.

Fuck Bradley. What a sham that guy is. JMM should have all of his belts right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 am

I can see Bradley, but Big Head might be stupid enough to turn it down. He's another fine graduate of the Ronald L. Wright School of Boxing Management.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:00 am

Soonermark890 wrote:

Fuck Bradley. What a sham that guy is. JMM should have all of his belts right now.

How is Bradley a sham? He gave Pac a good fight even after breaking his ankle in the 2nd and spraining his other ankle in the middle rounds. Don't let the judges overshadow Bradley's good performance.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:02 am

Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

How is Bradley a sham? He gave Pac a good fight even after breaking his ankle in the 2nd and spraining his other ankle in the middle rounds. Don't let the judges overshadow Bradley's good performance.
Good performance? He lost 10 rounds. Hell some people had him losing all of them. He is a sham of a champ. Fuck him. He ducked Khan and then robbed Pac. What in the hell has he really done?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:03 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I can see Bradley, but Big Head might be stupid enough to turn it down. He's another fine graduate of the Ronald L. Wright School of Boxing Management.
LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:03 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Good performance? He lost 10 rounds. Hell some people had him losing all of them. He is a sham of a champ. Fuck him. He ducked Khan and then robbed Pac. What in the hell has he really done?

He destroyed Campbell, Alexander, Holt, and Peterson. He certainly did not lose 10 rounds to Pac. I had it 7-5 for Pac. I think he could have won it had he not broke his damn ankles.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:06 am

Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

He destroyed Campbell, Alexander, Holt, and Peterson. He certainly did not lose 10 rounds to Pac. I had it 7-5 for Pac. I think he could have won it had he not broke his damn ankles.
7-5 is the closest scorecard I have ever seen in that fight. That fight was really really one sided. There is a reason people said it was the worst robbery in the history of the sport. Bradley has a ton to prove to the fans at this point in his career.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

7-5 is the closest scorecard I have ever seen in that fight. That fight was really really one sided. There is a reason people said it was the worst robbery in the history of the sport. Bradley has a ton to prove to the fans at this point in his career.

People are saying that because HBO commentary was blatantly biased in favor of Pacquiao. Manny only really fought in the closing seconds of every round. The judges didn't let him always steal them.

I remember on Lampley's Fight Game, he showed Round 7 without commentary to try and make a point. I remember saying to myself, wow, Bradley won this round. The irony was they showed only one round that they felt Manny clearly won... which I actually had Bradley winning.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:29 am

Soonermark890 wrote:What I hope- 5th fight in a farewell fight for both that they announce together ahead of time. That seems like a badass way to go out.

Pac fights Flod after floyd has finally waited so long that pac is slowed down enough.

I really hope that they just give it one last go and make it a massive PPV sell and use that money to retire on. Can anyone wish a better outcome for these two?

Also, why do you think JMM gets destroyed vs. Rios?
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:36 am

I hope Marquez walks away. He's 39 yrs old. He just made a big payday. He has a good job for espn deportes (or whatever espn station he is on). He has vanquished his nemesis in a brutal 6 round fight where it looked like he was in some trouble.

That is the perfect time to walk away. Retire. Leave us with that final, indelible image.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:37 am

Shaun wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:What I hope- 5th fight in a farewell fight for both that they announce together ahead of time. That seems like a badass way to go out.

Also, why do you think JMM gets destroyed vs. Rios?
Styles. It could be the massive amount of beer talking but I just think Rios overwhelms him
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 am

JMM takes on Rios next or Bradley. Pacquiao has to beat Bradley in a rematch to get to JMM again. There are three fights left for each. JMM Rios, Pac Bradley, Pac Rios, JMM Bradley, Pac JMM.

Or both retire because neither has anymore to prove.

Pacquiao is a part time fighter that needs new motivation. If that can's happen quit.

JMM has to pay a new mortgage and has a shit load of cars so I see him fighting until he's mashed potatoes.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 am

captainanddew wrote:I hope Marquez walks away. He's 39 yrs old. He just made a big payday. He has a good job for espn deportes (or whatever espn station he is on). He has vanquished his nemesis in a brutal 6 round fight where it looked like he was in some trouble.

That is the perfect time to walk away. Retire. Leave us with that final, indelible image.

It wouldnt bother me but damn he would be walking away from some huge money for him and Pac because lets be honest from a business standpoint fight 5 would do huge PPV numbers.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:I hope Marquez walks away. He's 39 yrs old. He just made a big payday. He has a good job for espn deportes (or whatever espn station he is on). He has vanquished his nemesis in a brutal 6 round fight where it looked like he was in some trouble.

It wouldnt bother me but damn he would be walking away from some huge money for him and Pac because lets be honest from a business standpoint fight 5 would do huge PPV numbers.

how many hard fights has marquez been in, over the last 1/3 of his career? he needs to save what brain cells he has left.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:41 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

how many hard fights has marquez been in, over the last 1/3 of his career? he needs to save what brain cells he has left.
Yep but we know he wont. I am afraid he will go after a Rios and that would be worse for him than another payday vs Pac
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:35 am

Marquez goes out with a bang vs Morales in front of 100,000 Mexicans at Azteca Stadium
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:44 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:JMM takes on Rios next or Bradley. Pacquiao has to beat Bradley in a rematch to get to JMM again. There are three fights left for each. JMM Rios, Pac Bradley, Pac Rios, JMM Bradley, Pac JMM.

Or both retire because neither has anymore to prove.

Pacquiao is a part time fighter that needs new motivation. If that can's happen quit.

JMM has to pay a new mortgage and has a shit load of cars so I see him fighting until he's mashed potatoes.
+1. I can see Pacquiao taking on Bradley in a rematch. It's a safe fight. Bradley doesnt hit hard and Manny can easily outbox him. Marquez isn't retiring anytime soon. He said he's not retiring until his body gives up on him. Marquez vs Rios is an excellent match up. Everyone will want to see it. Marquez still wins by KO and Pacquiao will easily beat Bradley, he won't get robbed twice. I can see a 5th Marquez-Pacquiao fight after that. I'm pretty sure Marquez and Pacquiao will want to fight each other again and there's going to be a demand for it. Their PPV fights are worth the money.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 am

i dont want to see a fifth fight because i already see that both guys are slowing so a fifth fight will prove nothing at all to me either way. walking away is the best idea for JMM legacy wise and health wise. money wise though, he still has a few big paydays left so he will keep fighting. after tonight, he is again a top couple p4p so people are going to be demanding to fight him.

pac is kind of the same as JMM. he can still get some paydays but other than that, he is done.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:38 am

powerpuncher wrote:i dont want to see a fifth fight because i already see that both guys are slowing so a fifth fight will prove nothing at all to me either way. walking away is the best idea for JMM legacy wise and health wise. money wise though, he still has a few big paydays left so he will keep fighting. after tonight, he is again a top couple p4p so people are going to be demanding to fight him.

pac is kind of the same as JMM. he can still get some paydays but other than that, he is done.
...i agree.again why is floyd being mention..all the luster is gone for that fight that would of never happened anyway.jmm should go away on top.pac got brutaly koed.kos like that are hard to come back from.marquez has the bragging rights for the series.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 pm

They should work towards a rematch. Pac fights Bradley and JMM fights whoever is the best guy available guy/biggest payday. I say give Guerrero his shot, but it will probably go to the undeserving Rios.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum