What were with al's and paulie's scorecards?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What were with al's and paulie's scorecards?

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:26 am

were they told to make it look like a close fight or did the crowd just sway them a lot? i scored the fight 9-3 for trout. i had cotto winning rounds 1, 6, and 12. and all three of those rounds could have potentially gone to trout IMO. there were maybe 2 rounds (i can only think of 1 though) that i gave to trout that could have gone to cotto. so i think that the judges scorecards were great. i was afraid that they were going to make cotto win. both al and paulie had the fight a draw after 10. al even gave the 10th to cotto, a round in which i thought that trout easily won. so i dont know what was up with them. they arent usually that bad.

i agree with everyone that cotto was a poor sport. i used to be a big cotto fan. ive slowly dropped as a fan and now im more indifferent about him. he has fought great opposition through his career. he had no reason not to give an interview though. he lost the fight and then walked away like he won.

trout impressed me tonight. maybe it was just because cotto was a lot smaller. i think that he can beat alvarez but who knows. maybe alvarez' size wont allow him to fight as well as he did tonight. either way, that fight should happen next.

powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Re: What were with al's and paulie's scorecards?

Post  Gumby on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:34 am

Paulie explained his card pretty well. He was giving Cotto credit for the bodywork he was doing that he felt the official judges didn't notice. He was also probably biased because of the crowd and the fact that he's said that Cotto's the hardest puncher (and probably best fighter) he's faced.

I didn't lose any respect for Cotto. He fought hard and after the fight he gave credit to Trout, said he would probably be back, and left. No need to force him to analyze his loss. I'll never take credit away from a guy who doesn't want to talk about how and why he lost immediately after a fight. I guess where I disagree is I didn't see him acting like he won, I thought he was just devastated by the loss.

Trout and Canelo would be a fun fight. I think Canelo stops him unless he has a weak chin (which hasn't really been tested).
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 pm

I scored it 7-4-1 even for Trout.

There is some writers on twitter that had it 7-5 for Trout. I saw some that had it 9-3.

I don't have any problems with a 9-3 card. I rewatched and didn't score it and I felt like you could give Cotto anywhere from 3-5 rounds.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 am

captainanddew wrote:I scored it 7-4-1 even for Trout.

There is some writers on twitter that had it 7-5 for Trout. I saw some that had it 9-3.

I don't have any problems with a 9-3 card. I rewatched and didn't score it and I felt like you could give Cotto anywhere from 3-5 rounds.
See I gave Cotto 5 rounds. Cotto needs to call it a day.

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:20 am

fat dan gave cotto 5 rounds and said that the judges scorecards were too wide. i rarely agree with him on scoring though so i guess that means im probably right Very Happy

he did say that most ringside scorers had about the same score. maybe being there with the crowd really swayed their scorecards because mainly what i saw in the fight was trout winning the beginning of rounds by boxing cotto, then cotto getting on the inside and landing 2-3 punches, then trout coming back and landing a few hard punches of his own. so overall, most rounds i gave to trout because of that.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 am

powerpuncher wrote:fat dan gave cotto 5 rounds and said that the judges scorecards were too wide. i rarely agree with him on scoring though so i guess that means im probably right Very Happy

he did say that most ringside scorers had about the same score. maybe being there with the crowd really swayed their scorecards because mainly what i saw in the fight was trout winning the beginning of rounds by boxing cotto, then cotto getting on the inside and landing 2-3 punches, then trout coming back and landing a few hard punches of his own. so overall, most rounds i gave to trout because of that.
there were a lot of close rounds but it was obvious who won

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:39 pm

As annoying as I find Paulie as a person, I think hes a damn good commentator. He really knows the sport inside and out. That said, his card was a little ridiculous. I think he was overrating Miguels body shots due to remembering how bad Cottos punches had hurt him when they fought. Trout won, no controversy here.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top