THIS WEEKS FIGHTS AND ITS IMPACT.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THIS WEEKS FIGHTS AND ITS IMPACT.

Post  dmar5143 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:26 pm

first the price -skelton fight.i watched it and was suprized price sort of regressed against a mediocre pug.prices jab was far from what it was his last 2 fights.his footwork made wlad look iike wille pep.his defence had more holes then swizz cheese..skelton several times with ease got inside price tossing and landing some punches and price looked bad in any failed attempt to avoid getting hit.skelton took 4 or 5 or prices big right hands with ease.he got hit with a body shot that did hurt him then 2 more droped him.while on one knee doing a al jolson immitation of sonny boy he was counted out.his corner tossed in the towel at maybe the count of five which the ref didnt see.it made me think dive but why.skelton yes made no effort to arrize.maybe he felt this is it thoses shots are a sign of whats next.pricesays tony thompson is next then a trip to the usa.
dont be suprized if seth mitchel is the fight in the usa and dont be suprized if mitchell kos him in 3.i know price for sure can ko seth.its a 3 round war or blowout either way based on prices fight
yesterday.
cotto trout.look its a must win for cotto.why because his career is ending and a win sets him up with 1 or maybe 2 mega paydays.the handwriting is on the wall.its cotto-alvarez in may big ppv.golden boy feels alvarez is ready.cotto in may a win for alvarez then floyd in floyds last fight in sept both on big mexican holidays.if cotto wins a floyd rematch and both there last fights.
floyd will fight RG the ghost this spring then hopefully alvarez and its goodby unless alvarez wins then a rematch and good buy.
pac is also done next year.IF and its a if he beats marquez then rios is next and a final fight against who i dont know but its not floyd.his contract extention is up with arum and its goodby.
guys to me theres no if ands or buts.the handwritings on the wall.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Re: THIS WEEKS FIGHTS AND ITS IMPACT.

Post  captainanddew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 pm

very intrigued by the cotto/trout fight. look forward to it tonight. Rooting for Cotto, but not discounting the opponent.

haven't seen price's fight yet, but someone I respect on twitter said he looked poor as well (even though he got the stoppage).

Tyson Fury vs Kevin Johnson this afternoon was a waste of time. Johnson was in pure defensive/survival mode from the opening bell. Content to just survive 12 rounds, not take too much damage, and get the paycheck.

Floyd, Pac, and Cotto are the 3 biggest PPV fighters in the US. All 3 are winding down. GB desperately wants Alvarez to fight and beat Cotto, and then fight Mayweather. Would give them the biggest PPV star in the US at a very young age (giving them a huge income stream).

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 pm

captainanddew wrote:very intrigued by the cotto/trout fight. look forward to it tonight. Rooting for Cotto, but not discounting the opponent.

haven't seen price's fight yet, but someone I respect on twitter said he looked poor as well (even though he got the stoppage).

Tyson Fury vs Kevin Johnson this afternoon was a waste of time. Johnson was in pure defensive/survival mode from the opening bell. Content to just survive 12 rounds, not take too much damage, and get the paycheck.

Floyd, Pac, and Cotto are the 3 biggest PPV fighters in the US. All 3 are winding down. GB desperately wants Alvarez to fight and beat Cotto, and then fight Mayweather. Would give them the biggest PPV star in the US at a very young age (giving them a huge income stream).

Quite astute on the bolded. It has got to be the plan. I don't see it working out that way, tho. I think Cotto wins tonite, then destroys Kid Cinnamon...but we will see.

P.S.- If Trout is somehow good enough to beat Miguel, then depending on what I see, I might favor him over Canelo as well.

P.S. II- If you are reading this in real time, ESPN deportes is now showing the JMM-Pac trilogy...
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top