The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KAHN GOLDEN BOY PLAY IT SAFE.

+3
Diego408
captainanddew
dmar5143
7 posters

Go down

KAHN GOLDEN BOY PLAY IT SAFE. Empty KAHN GOLDEN BOY PLAY IT SAFE.

Post  dmar5143 Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:16 am

well kahn is one of the last guys i thought would do a fight against zero opposition and expect to get paid well for it.golden boy like its protection thus far of alvarez has now gone this route with kahn at least for now...a lighweight that has fought nobody.not even a fading name is next for kahn.carlos molina 17-0-1 but with just 7 kos.7 kos is the key.kahn a guy getting ready to step up to welter fighting a lightweight.sound familar.
maybe i expected at least better opposition then this.yes work on your defense against a guy with no offense is golden boys anser..hopefully this crap is not a televized main event.lets not hear the arguement its staying active.or hes easing into a return to form slowly.or its a tune up.its none of the above.
im disappointed in this course but i wont put the blame on kahn.hes proven he would fight any of the top guys.this fight proves nothing i think.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

KAHN GOLDEN BOY PLAY IT SAFE. Empty Re: KAHN GOLDEN BOY PLAY IT SAFE.

Post  captainanddew Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:08 pm

dmar5143 wrote:well kahn is one of the last guys i thought would do a fight against zero opposition and expect to get paid well for it.golden boy like its protection thus far of alvarez has now gone this route with kahn at least for now...a lighweight that has fought nobody.not even a fading name is next for kahn.carlos molina 17-0-1 but with just 7 kos.7 kos is the key.kahn a guy getting ready to step up to welter fighting a lightweight.sound familar.
maybe i expected at least better opposition then this.yes work on your defense against a guy with no offense is golden boys anser..hopefully this crap is not a televized main event.lets not hear the arguement its staying active.or hes easing into a return to form slowly.or its a tune up.its none of the above.
im disappointed in this course but i wont put the blame on kahn.hes proven he would fight any of the top guys.this fight proves nothing i think.

a true Kahn job.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Khan was KOed bad by Garcia. I dont think he has the confidence to fight anyone good espcially now that he has a new trainers. He kinda has to test the waters on where he stands in the sports because its certainly not in the top level.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 am

If Carlos Molina is "playing it safe" then there is hope for quality match making in Boxing.

Molina schooled Cintron, Kirkland, and had a draw with Lara.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:19 am

Shaun wrote:If Carlos Molina is "playing it safe" then there is hope for quality match making in Boxing.

???????????
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:47 am

Shaun wrote:If Carlos Molina is "playing it safe" then there is hope for quality match making in Boxing.

wrong molina
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:49 am

i really dont mind it. if he didnt just get a new trainer then i would say that he should maybe fight somebody else, but hopefully this fight can get him into a different fighting style. khan has fought pretty good competition in his career so im not too worried. he will fight a top fighter after this fight im sure.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:25 am

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:well kahn is one of the last guys i thought would do a fight against zero opposition and expect to get paid well for it.golden boy like its protection thus far of alvarez has now gone this route with kahn at least for now...a lighweight that has fought nobody.not even a fading name is next for kahn.carlos molina 17-0-1 but with just 7 kos.7 kos is the key.kahn a guy getting ready to step up to welter fighting a lightweight.sound familar.

a true Kahn job.

I hope no one takes my response seriously, it was meant as a joke.(I just like his name and the fun ways you can use it)

Kahn did get really hurt and TKO'd in the Garcia fight. if his team wants to give him a lightweight in his next fight I am not going to be too harsh on him.

the true test for Kahn won't come until he faces another top 10 guy that he can't dominate. When Kahn dominates, his chin and technical issues (jumping in with his chin in the air) aren't really a problem. When he faces another elite guy that he won't absolutely dominate, then we will see if he reverts to the jumping in, not tucking the chin, etc..., which means another KO loss. He has to be controlled at all times to protect the chin.

If GB has him fight a couple of light punching lightweights then I will go Captain Kirk and scream at my tv "KKKKKKAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNN!!!!!"
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm

This is just more GB nonsense. If we haven't learned anything by watching his matchmaking with Canelo, then we're the dumb ones. A-Mere-Con has been carefully matched since Prescott against softer punchers until Khan couldn't take all the flak he was getting. His fight with Maidana almost backfired on him & Garcia proved what everybody thought, that his chin & inability to keep it out of harm's way are bad. A Jr Welterweight world champ, now campaigning at 147, takes on a lighhtweight, in true Goldenboy style.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:34 pm

oh.. yes, the OTHER Molina...
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 am

flapanther2001 wrote:This is just more GB nonsense. If we haven't learned anything by watching his matchmaking with Canelo, then we're the dumb ones. A-Mere-Con has been carefully matched since Prescott against softer punchers until Khan couldn't take all the flak he was getting. His fight with Maidana almost backfired on him & Garcia proved what everybody thought, that his chin & inability to keep it out of harm's way are bad. A Jr Welterweight world champ, now campaigning at 147, takes on a lighhtweight, in true Goldenboy style.
khan hasnt really been brought along that carefully though. not like most fighters. he has fought decent competition. garcia was a high risk low reward match. most fighters of khans popularity wouldnt have fought him. maidana was a huge risk too and i respect him for taking that. yes he fought paulie but but paulie is still a solid fighter. he also fought zab which is another high risk low reward fight because you are never sure which zab is going to show up. peterson was no push over either (although he isnt a huge puncher).

im not saying that khan is a great fighter but i dont feel that he has been protected. he called out bradley who was the #1 140 pounder and the time and bradley ducked him. so he has been fighting the top fighters in his weight class unlike a lot of fighters.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:This is just more GB nonsense. If we haven't learned anything by watching his matchmaking with Canelo, then we're the dumb ones. A-Mere-Con has been carefully matched since Prescott against softer punchers until Khan couldn't take all the flak he was getting. His fight with Maidana almost backfired on him & Garcia proved what everybody thought, that his chin & inability to keep it out of harm's way are bad. A Jr Welterweight world champ, now campaigning at 147, takes on a lighhtweight, in true Goldenboy style.
khan hasnt really been brought along that carefully though. not like most fighters. he has fought decent competition. garcia was a high risk low reward match. most fighters of khans popularity wouldnt have fought him. maidana was a huge risk too and i respect him for taking that. yes he fought paulie but but paulie is still a solid fighter. he also fought zab which is another high risk low reward fight because you are never sure which zab is going to show up. peterson was no push over either (although he isnt a huge puncher).

im not saying that khan is a great fighter but i dont feel that he has been protected. he called out bradley who was the #1 140 pounder and the time and bradley ducked him. so he has been fighting the top fighters in his weight class unlike a lot of fighters.
I agree with most of what you say, my point was Khan's career to the title after getting KO'd. Fagan, an old Barerra, Kotelnik, Salita, Malignaggi.....all low risk fighters. Then, when he got the title, he took on some more dangerous fighters, Maidana, Judah, etc. It was a carefully crafted route to another belt, that's all. I give him props for calling out Bradley & fighting some punchers, but he did it after the other guys.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:26 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

I agree with most of what you say, my point was Khan's career to the title after getting KO'd. Fagan, an old Barerra, Kotelnik, Salita, Malignaggi.....all low risk fighters. Then, when he got the title, he took on some more dangerous fighters, Maidana, Judah, etc. It was a carefully crafted route to another belt, that's all. I give him props for calling out Bradley & fighting some punchers, but he did it after the other guys.
that is true. i dont disagree that he hand picked opponents to get to the trinket. at this point, it seems like the norm. i dont like it but at least he did step it up a bit after that unlike some fighters that get a trinket and still dont fight anybody good.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum