hatton to fight katsidis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hatton to fight katsidis

Post  captainanddew on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:51 pm

boxingscene is reporting that ricky hatton will fight katsidis (who is totally done) in his comeback fight.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  hardcorebee24 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Katsides is just a tune up for Arturo Gatti.
avatar
hardcorebee24

Posts : 3310
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:29 am

this will be an ugly fight. i expect hatton to hold even more than he used to because he wont be in as good of shape and will be very rusty. katsidis is about done though because he has taken too many beatings. i think that hatton will probably win but it will be close and ugly.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  kbyte on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:17 am

I agree that Katsidis is done but I find this fight pretty interesting because Ricky could also be done and Katsidis does have pretty good power. I don't know how this fight will go.
avatar
kbyte

Posts : 730
Join date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 am

kbyte wrote:I agree that Katsidis is done but I find this fight pretty interesting because Ricky could also be done and Katsidis does have pretty good power. I don't know how this fight will go.

If this was the katsidis that faced Marquez then I'd agree. But he was beat badly against Guerrero and Burns. And he lost his last fight against Albert Mensah.


_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  koolkc107 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 am

Isn't Hatton fighting because he needs money for his promotional company?

I don't fault him and wish him well.

avatar
koolkc107

Posts : 170
Join date : 2012-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  Tobe on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Katsides is just a tune up for Arturo Gatti.

Oh, that's cold man. Laughing
avatar
Tobe

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2010-10-21
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:00 pm

koolkc107 wrote:Isn't Hatton fighting because he needs money for his promotional company?

I don't fault him and wish him well.


yes, it is about helping his guys get more exposure on his card. Very difficult to deal with Warren and the other big promoters in the UK.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  Shaun on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm actually surprised he is not fighting Malignaggi.
avatar
Shaun

Posts : 750
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 33
Location : Dallas, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  flapanther2001 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Shaun wrote:I'm actually surprised he is not fighting Malignaggi.
I'm not. Malignaggi is alive.
avatar
flapanther2001

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  Diego408 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Shaun wrote:I'm actually surprised he is not fighting Malignaggi.
Not yet, just wait for it.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  dmar5143 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 pm

kasidis is shop warn but this fight takes him from a friday night fight to a very big payday.i dont know what arena there fighting in but hatton still can sell 15000 20 thousand tickets and good tv money..why the cry for paulie.a kahn -hatton fight in the uk will be big.perhaps even ppv.if i were hatton id try to make that fight and get 3 times or more money then fighting paulie.
paulie seems to be very popular on here since everyone wants to match him up with several fighters.paulie did a great job of vitalizing his career.ill root for him against anyone except pac.
he has a career after boxing.get ride of roy jones jr and give it to paulie.
avatar
dmar5143

Posts : 2248
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  captainanddew on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 pm

dmar5143 wrote:kasidis is shop warn but this fight takes him from a friday night fight to a very big payday.i dont know what arena there fighting in but hatton still can sell 15000 20 thousand tickets and good tv money..why the cry for paulie.a kahn -hatton fight in the uk will be big.perhaps even ppv.if i were hatton id try to make that fight and get 3 times or more money then fighting paulie.
paulie seems to be very popular on here since everyone wants to match him up with several fighters.paulie did a great job of vitalizing his career.ill root for him against anyone except pac.
he has a career after boxing.get ride of roy jones jr and give it to paulie.

he was pretty good on showtime.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  powerpuncher on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:39 am

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:kasidis is shop warn but this fight takes him from a friday night fight to a very big payday.i dont know what arena there fighting in but hatton still can sell 15000 20 thousand tickets and good tv money..why the cry for paulie.a kahn -hatton fight in the uk will be big.perhaps even ppv.if i were hatton id try to make that fight and get 3 times or more money then fighting paulie.
paulie seems to be very popular on here since everyone wants to match him up with several fighters.paulie did a great job of vitalizing his career.ill root for him against anyone except pac.
he has a career after boxing.get ride of roy jones jr and give it to paulie.

he was pretty good on showtime.
i have actually learned to like paulie. i used to think that he was just annoying and such a boring fighter to watch. his career has actually been pretty solid. he has beaten a few decent fighters and had a surprisingly close fight against cotto. he is a good commentator too surprisingly.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  hillsicc303 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 am

Katsidis:

The Human Punching Bag. Even when he was winning fights, he was taking a beating, now it's just sad to see his face turn into Rocky Dennis(Mask) during the course of a fight. He's not only losing...he's losing his brains, losing the fight, and losing his recognizable features to be classified as a modern human. He should have been a railroad pin instead of a person.


Hatton:

Never was good. Just a mauler, holder, and hugger who was allowed to wrestle guys to death fighting in his backyard. This human balloon was a poster child for the 'Before-After-and Before' photos the way his weight fluxuated between fights. And over the past few years, he himself has taken some serious beatings: Callazo beat him around the ring, and he was fortunate to escape with a gift win. Floyd beat him around the ring for 10 rounds, he couldn't get out of the way of a punch to save his life. And the last time we saw him, he was planking from the result of a Manny left hand. He was out so cold and long that they turned the lights off in the arena, and he was still in the ring. Add to this his little cocaine addiction, and long layoff, and we have a real garbage man coming back into the ring.

They should pay us to watch this one...

hillsicc303

Posts : 187
Join date : 2011-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  kbyte on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:44 am

It says on boxingscene that it could be either Kats, Senchenko or Carson Jones. If I'm right and Sernchenko is the guy that Paulie stopped then I hope he doesn't fight him. Kats I think is interesting and Carson Jones could be interesting also since we could compare Ricky's performance against him to that of Kell Brook's.
avatar
kbyte

Posts : 730
Join date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  flapanther2001 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:51 pm

hillsicc303 wrote:Katsidis:

The Human Punching Bag. Even when he was winning fights, he was taking a beating, now it's just sad to see his face turn into Rocky Dennis(Mask) during the course of a fight. He's not only losing...he's losing his brains, losing the fight, and losing his recognizable features to be classified as a modern human. He should have been a railroad pin instead of a person.


Hatton:

Never was good. Just a mauler, holder, and hugger who was allowed to wrestle guys to death fighting in his backyard. This human balloon was a poster child for the 'Before-After-and Before' photos the way his weight fluxuated between fights. And over the past few years, he himself has taken some serious beatings: Callazo beat him around the ring, and he was fortunate to escape with a gift win. Floyd beat him around the ring for 10 rounds, he couldn't get out of the way of a punch to save his life. And the last time we saw him, he was planking from the result of a Manny left hand. He was out so cold and long that they turned the lights off in the arena, and he was still in the ring. Add to this his little cocaine addiction, and long layoff, and we have a real garbage man coming back into the ring.

They should pay us to watch this one...
Every damn word is true!!!!
avatar
flapanther2001

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  kbyte on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:57 am

So hes fighting Senchenko. Bleh.Guess hes a solid opponent just not very exciting.
avatar
kbyte

Posts : 730
Join date : 2010-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: hatton to fight katsidis

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum