Manny agreed to 55-45 split

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Manny agreed to 55-45 split

Post  koolkc107 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 am

dmar5143 wrote:it will be done.one guy will make over 50 million the other 40 or more.if the fights close and good a rematch may be done.they need no other paydays after getting sinfull money like this.the only thing that stops it is if pac gets beat bad by marquez.if after all of this no fight then we can say thoses two are amoung the most stupid folks on earth.

And I think there is a good chance that may happen, dmar. JMM knows he can't get a decision on Pac unless he treats him like a redheaded stepchild. He will take more chances and try to inflict a beating in addition to the usual clinic he has run on Pac (assuming he can survive Manny inevitably tagging him with now diminished abilities).

If you are JMM, this does 2 things; it gets rid of the monkey that has been on his back concerning Manny, and it creates a different megafight, one involving himself and Floyd.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 am

your assuming a lot here.a floyd return and a mega fight.why.he was litterly shut out in that fight.second your criteria is a ko win over pac after you admitted pac is no longer pac.if marquez wins he will retire happy.if he gets beat he can retire rich.
there are bigger fights left for floyd to go for over marquez.alvarez for one a cotto rematch whos far more deserving then marquez or a mega fight with martinez.yeah some will say two of thoses fights will never happen but there chances are far better then a marquez rerun.if a trout kos a cotto and thats a big if does he not get on floyds short list over marquez.i think so and probably most of the fans would also.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:22 pm

dmar5143 wrote:your assuming a lot here.a floyd return and a mega fight.why.he was litterly shut out in that fight.second your criteria is a ko win over pac after you admitted pac is no longer pac.if marquez wins he will retire happy.if he gets beat he can retire rich.
there are bigger fights left for floyd to go for over marquez.alvarez for one a cotto rematch whos far more deserving then marquez or a mega fight with martinez.yeah some will say two of thoses fights will never happen but there chances are far better then a marquez rerun.if a trout kos a cotto and thats a big if does he not get on floyds short list over marquez.i think so and probably most of the fans would also.

If you are referring to JMM being shut out by Floyd, I agree and ordinarily I would not argue such impeccable logic. But ask yourself, dmar, what the hell has been logical about some of the matchups we've gotten this year?

No, I think if JMM does what I will concede is seemingly very hard to do (totally thrash Pac in a physical way, not just the technical whippings many credit Juan for already dishing out 2 or 3 times) then the hype machine goes into overdrive, just like it did for Mosley vs Pac or Ortiz vs. Floyd. They MAKE that the megafight, something I think is more likely in the spring of next year than a Cotto rematch or a Kid Cinnamon tilt- mainly because I don't see a Floyd fight with either until the two have fought each other in what will amount to an eliminator for Mayweather (or Pac, should he beat Floyd) at the end of 2013.

It will be the Pac/JMM winner or Bradley in the spring and the Cotto/Canelo winner in the last part of the year, IMO.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 am

JMM would never get another shot at floyd because for one, he already got shut out by him. and two, he isnt a big enough name anymore to make floyd enough money. floyd would get a lot more money fighting other people. plus, JMM is too small for floyd which makes it not very appealing to the fan. most fans want the fighters to move up in weight to fight bigger guys and not fight the small guy.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:54 pm

powerpuncher wrote:JMM would never get another shot at floyd because for one, he already got shut out by him. and two, he isnt a big enough name anymore to make floyd enough money. floyd would get a lot more money fighting other people. plus, JMM is too small for floyd which makes it not very appealing to the fan. most fans want the fighters to move up in weight to fight bigger guys and not fight the small guy.

Butbutbutbutwait...Pac already trounced Cotto and folks are talking about that. And JMM is fighting Pac a 4th time, but if you believe some folks Pac wiped the floor with him 3 times already.

Just because YOU don't see it, powerman, don't mean it can't be so.

HYPE is a mother, my friend...and trust me, if JMM can somehow lay a beating on Pac, you will hear about Mayweather-Marquez II. Not saying it will definitely happen, but it will be the fight Juan wants before he retires.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 pm

koolkc107 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:JMM would never get another shot at floyd because for one, he already got shut out by him. and two, he isnt a big enough name anymore to make floyd enough money. floyd would get a lot more money fighting other people. plus, JMM is too small for floyd which makes it not very appealing to the fan. most fans want the fighters to move up in weight to fight bigger guys and not fight the small guy.

Butbutbutbutwait...Pac already trounced Cotto and folks are talking about that. And JMM is fighting Pac a 4th time, but if you believe some folks Pac wiped the floor with him 3 times already.

HYPE is a mother, my friend...and trust me, if JMM can somehow lay a beating on Pac, you will hear about Mayweather-Marquez II. Not saying it will definitely happen, but it will be the fight Juan wants before he retires.

I agree that if he gets an early KO on Pac there will be some that want him to fight Floyd. The majority would stay away from it. Pac-Cotto 2 gets destroyed by a solid amount of people and only gets accepted because Cotto has moved up in weight and appeared as a top fighter at that weight. JMM has moved INTO the class he got dominated in not OUT of it. Finally, I don't believe I have seen anyone think Pac "wiped the floor" with JMM all 3 times. I believe Sooner might be the only one here that had Pac winning all 3 times. I had Pac comfortably(1st: 114-111 and 2nd:115-112) winning the first 2 with the 3rd being a draw or JMM 115-113.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:23 pm

koolkc107 wrote:

the pac-cotto rematch was only going to happen if pac fought him at 154 so that he wouldnt be weight drained. pac didnt want that so it didnt happen. that fight at 154 would be more interesting. plus, cotto at least started off well and is strong enough to hurt pac and maybe stop him if he lands enough. JMM cant outbox mayweather and definitely isnt going to land enough to hardly even phase him. thats why the fight wont happen.

i guess if JMM really destroys pac (as in he wins every round with ease up until the KO) then i could see it happening. but thats like saying that if ortiz fought mayweather again and KO'd him with ease then he would get a fight with pac. that is true but very very unlikely to happen.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 pm

koolkc107 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:it will be done.one guy will make over 50 million the other 40 or more.if the fights close and good a rematch may be done.they need no other paydays after getting sinfull money like this.the only thing that stops it is if pac gets beat bad by marquez.if after all of this no fight then we can say thoses two are amoung the most stupid folks on earth.

And I think there is a good chance that may happen, dmar. JMM knows he can't get a decision on Pac unless he treats him like a redheaded stepchild. He will take more chances and try to inflict a beating in addition to the usual clinic he has run on Pac (assuming he can survive Manny inevitably tagging him with now diminished abilities).

If you are JMM, this does 2 things; it gets rid of the monkey that has been on his back concerning Manny, and it creates a different megafight, one involving himself and Floyd.

Now, I aint sayin' I predicted last night; but I think I might have had a clue...
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:51 am

koolkc107 wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:

Now, I aint sayin' I predicted last night; but I think I might have had a clue...
nice
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top