The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IM PUMPED

5 posters

Go down

IM PUMPED Empty IM PUMPED

Post  dmar5143 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:10 pm

its been a long while since ive anticipated a big fight with excitement.tonights martinez chavez fight is one.duran -leanard hearns -leanord hagler -hearns type of excitement im talking about.why.first its a fight many said will not happen.second its a fight boxing fans want to see.third its promoted well.the name chavez is still magic.sorry jr thats the cross you have to carry..the ward-dawson fight drew 1.3 million viewers on hbo in a fight everyone expected to be boring.it wasnt.i believe it caputured the casual fans as well as a bit of the general public..why.because promoters gave us a fight we realy want to see.the best against the best.tonights fight selling 19186 tickets tells me the same.its a fight fans want to see.the promotion of the fight done well will draw casual fans and a bit of the general public.thats a great start to help turn things around for boxing.a simple thing.give us fights we want to see.over the years in boxings long golden era thats what they did in spades.the best against the best and often.
we saw bute-froch draw huge in england and it will do the same in canada if that fight developes..the past few weeks showed at least to me that we dont need a pac-floyd fight.give us fights we want to see and that fight will be a memory..now if todays top fighters would only fight a puny 4 times a year boxings popularity will increase.tv folks.the formula is simple.0stop paying for your stars to fight third rate opposition.let them fight the best..look at the next rios fight.is there anyone here not looking foward to that fight.i hope tonights fight continues to bring back the sport.my only concern is that a smogger or a bayless should be the ref and the judges should be the best in the nation.if we do that in big fights that many want to see we will have something very possitive indeed..whos not pumpted for tonight.my bet is nobody .everyones ready.lets get it on like mills lane said.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

IM PUMPED Empty Re: IM PUMPED

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:57 pm

I am hoping that this is a sign of things to come. With Ward/Dawson far exceeding expectations and now we have a big time fight I am extremely excited for. Boxing is doing great right now. I cant wait.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:17 pm

part of the excitement of this fight are all the intangibles.the things we all add different loading on depending on our views.jccj's size,weight advantage,martinez's age,a p4per vs(supposed)protected promoter's cash cow,jccj's chin,martinez's speed skill etc.this is how fights were & should be.we all think we know who will win & why,but we have doubts in the back of our minds because the fight is....shock,horror,even money. cheers

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:21 pm

It is a beautifully crafted event even with a weaker undercard. I have been riding with Sooner on the Jr bandwagon for some time now but he looked REALLY bad at the weigh in to me. I guess I will stick with him because I want Ward to at least have a remote chance at a superfight in the future.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm pumped but i am busy gambling on college football right now
This is going to be a night boxing fans will not forget anytime soon
a great mexican champion
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content